Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hubs an I just decided to get an exercise bike
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

:hallo:

Just a quick fly-by... laundry going, printing pics for the great grand parents, making lists for tomorrow (including one that says - TAKE LIST) :H

All you with exams - fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for ya! Go knock 'em dead!
      All you with bikes - go for it! I wonder if I still know HOW to ride a bike!?
      As for AA - I'm in the same boat. Never mind the people you come face to face with at a meeting.. but in a community as small as this one, one's vehicle is easily recognized and there aren't any other gatherings where the meetings are held.... so for all passing by, it's going to be pretty clear why one is parked there at a particular day and time. And yeah.. there's is the face to face thing, too! Prancy - omg, I woulda slunk away into the corner right there and then :blush:

Funny how i never minded making a fool of myself or falling around the place drunk, but I don't want to show up somewhere sober
      :H:H We sure make a lot of sense, don't we!?

Ok, back to it (me, that is). Hope you'll all have a peaceful night and great day tomorrow!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for answering

mollyka;924372 wrote: Hey Hardroad, and welcome to you. You sound like you have been thro an awful lot and you seem very sad. You already know that the alcohol is just making things worse and well done on getting the first day sober under your belt.
        Withdrawal depends on a lot of things, how much you were drinking, how long, etc etc. Ideally you should go to your doctor and tell all - I know I did eventually. Perhaps you could go to a doc that you don't know?
        If you don't go to the doc, be sure you drink loads of water, I know the worst withdrawals I had lasted for about 2-3 days, shaking, sweating, headaches and not sleeping.
        I wish you luck and keep posting, it does help knowing there are others out there with the same problems
        Molly
        I drank a lot of vodka, and some beer. I drank everynight from 3 :30 till passout. I am on meds listed for recovery, but am having the sleep problem, one night fell asleep at 5am to be up at seven. Next night fell asleep till 12:25 and up till after four. Hope tonight is better.I also have the headaches which make me want to drink, but I won't since will have to go through it again next time. Thanks for the water idea, I was drinking pretty much so I felt like it was a drink. So used to having one in my hand. I actually already feel better most of the time than when drinking. But how long till your side affects left?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Hardroad, reading back I'm guessing you are on Day 5? Well done and definitely you are should be over all the really bad bits. The sleep bit can go on a bit, I found by staying awake all day ( no naps) and going to bed when I was really tired - I used to stay up quite late on purpose - I got into a better routine of sleeping, but as has been said here before, 3 hours sober sleep is infinitely better than 8 hours booze sleep! The headaches can go on a bit too - the water really helps with them, it is very easy to forget to drink loads of it - Sunni reminded me only last week to drink the water and it really does help.
          Every day you stay sober now you will be amazed how much better you feel - more energy, happier, the rewards from now on are staggering. You will still have days you feel blue, don't forget the 'shock' your body and mind are going thro, after many years of pickling them, they are beginning to live 'organically'!!
          Well done HR, and if you do get an urge to drink, do remember as you say, you don't want to have to go through it all again!

Sunni, have a lovely holiday, I'll prob check in again later (4.45AM here hubs snoring!), on late shift today so, see you later all
          Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Hardroad and welcome. Good advice to drink lots of water while you are coming off. Helps aleviate the headaches. Pop in when you can and ask us anything.

Did you know that the pain from a headache the next day after drinking is the brain actually shrinking due to lack of water. The brain is mainly made up of water and AL dehydrates it - not a nice thought hey! That is one thing I tried to remember the next day after a big night, to try and stop me doing it again...... Didnt work though!

Had a follow up at the doctors this morning. She is going to increase my dose of anti depressants when the nausea caused by them stops. She has also given me a referral to see a psychologist/psychatrist. I need to learn how to cope with different things life throws at me without turning to the bottle all the time. We'll see how I go........

Hope everyone is having a good day/night. Catchya tomorrow.

Hip xxx
            I finally got it!
            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oooh Hip, does the brain bounce back when re-hydrated with water or stay shrunk (that would explain a lot) Good on you with the Doc. and having the courage to go further with a pyscologist or whoever. My daughter is a psyc - Maybe I could get free sessions!!!

I actually have done something just for me - I managed to get next week off work. This is a big thing for me to just do so I am pleased I've made this decision and looking after myself.

Dinner needs to be got. See you all later
              Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Hips and Mazzie. Good stuff Hips with the doc. Will be very interested how you get on with psychologist - it just feels like a big gap to fill doesn't it! Mazzie, its great when we are not drinking - we don't feel guilty doing something for ourselves - good feeling and well done!
                Funny little big world - you goin to cook dinner and I haven't gone to work yet!
                Mornin everyone else, hope you doin ok Hardroad?
                Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in quickly - I feel like I have to find the couple of minutes it takes just to say "hi" so everyone doesn't forget me entirely... Hopefully by the end of the summer I will be able to stick around more. Love you all - hang in there - Happy Wednesday!
                  Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.....been busy, busy here. Sorry that I haven't been around either.

Hippie - great that you are going to go talk to someone. :l

Coco - I never asked but how come you only log in at work????

Molly - I have an exercise bike. I should start using it!!!!!!

Mazzie - I'm so happy that you are doing something for you!! That is great.

Sunni - Hope you are enjoying your company. Are you all ready for your vacation? You are going to need one by the time you leave.

Paps - You still really busy????

Neart, Eva, Mayday, Hardroad & everyone else that I neglected to mention......Have a wonderful Morning/Day/Evening/Night!!!!!!! :h

PS - Fennel is still having a great time!! Sent me some more great pics. I now know what poison ivy looks like. :H:H
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=NoraC;926303]Hi everyone.....been busy, busy here. Sorry that I haven't been around either.

Coco - I never asked but how come you only log in at work????

My husband doesn't know - long story but let's just say he wouldn't be supportive.
                      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello again... does anyone have an extra hard time sleeping while on Lglut???
                        Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

poor baby penguin!!
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

not me...i NEVER have a hard time sleeping
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Really? Lucky you... is it the bac?
                              Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Crap, I'm trying to change my avatar and the penguin just won't go away. OMG.... It must be like mother warned - 'if you do that too much you'll STAY that way.'
                                Coco

Comment

Working...
                                X