Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Anybody mind if I have a little rant?! I'm just having a bad day... I didn't get the job which isn't too bad, but I had to sign on again for social welfare today, which I had sworn I wouldn't be doing again, cause it's just depressing. Had a fight with my Dad this morning over nothing - he was all stressed and getting on to me about stupid things, and I snapped back. So I get home and my mother is on to me about what's up with me - that I've been like a thorny briar the past 3 weeks and they're walking on eggshells etc etc. Oh, I just felt like crying, cause I'd never open up to her - way too much history there and I've been very badly burnt in the past when I tried to talk openly, so I just don't go there any more. So I'm sitting there, just pretending that everythings fine, and it always comes back to feeling like I have to pretend to be bright and happy around here, that I can't be myself. Like I'm not working at the moment, but if you sit around the house here for a while reading a book, you're being lazy or depressed or something - I just feel false. And today, it is deeply bothering me that I am 30 years old, single, jobless and living with my parents. I think I might try to get away for a few days, cause otherwise I"m going to say something I regret! No chance of going back to AL, just feeling shite... I know I'm very lucky in many ways, etc etc, but I'm having one of those days/weeks. Sorry for the moan, but I have no one else to let it out to...
    AF since 13th July 2010
    NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

neart;948101 wrote: Anybody mind if I have a little rant?!
      :l:l:l and of course we don't mind - ranting is one of my favourite things!
      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey gang...just checking in....
        Neart I feel so bad for you....that would be tough...my mom would be up my ass the whole time too...
        hey coco....one of my sweet bestest buddies here!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Molly....
          sending you lots of hugs and strength right now...are you talking to a therapist....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Neart - :l:l I'm so sorry! Deep breath and then give yourself a hug from me.

Molly - I was so glad to see you. I'm so sorry that you are having problems. I know what you mean about being 'fragile'. Hang in there sweetie. I'm glad that you went back to the doctor. Give yourself a great big hug from me to you. :l

Hey - didn't know I was a senior member. Guess that means I better get my act together. I'm working on it. I'm serious on the Topamax again. Going to give it my all this time.

Hello everyone - I have got to get ready for work. I hear that a lot happened yesterday while I was at jury duty.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh you poor little thing Neart! I know you're 30 but I could still be your mammy so:l.You have taken on a lot in the last short while. I know my girlie (22) was like a briar while doing her finals and she wasn't trying to give up an addictive drinking habit at the same time. The sad thing is that we probably are better off moving on when we are adults, but the catch 22 is of course there are no jobs ergo no money! If you can manage a few days maybe visit a pal or something may be a good plan for you all to have a wee break? I never had an 'adult' child at home - mine were all gone like hot snots as soon as they could (reflection on me?) so I'm no good for advice but come and rant and don't feel lonely
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh sorry, Hi Nora, Coco, Mama and all else to come and thanks for all your nice words
                Molly
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey neart...if you can afford a ticket...come to florida and hide out for awhile...i have plenty of room

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm STARVING - where the hell is the taco truck?????
                    Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;948282 wrote: I'm STARVING - where the hell is the taco truck?????
                      Fennel is busy with company this week. :upset::upset: We are on our own. What are we going to do?!?!?!?!?
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

The best thing is moaning on site and getting it all out with no one cutting in and then get all the wonderful advice or just luv from everyone. I think not having AL, so makes you find a new way of life and thinking, and sometimes it is just too much! You have to just give yourself a break and not be so hard on yourself.... keeping the sense of humor also helps. Stay with it!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, thank you all sooo much, you are wonderful :l I really just needed to vent, and let it out a bit. Like you said Molly, there's a reason people don't live at home when they are adults! I had lived with (now ex) boyfriend for past 5 years, and when I broke up with him and found myself jobless and with a loan, I just ran out of options. It's been good in some ways, as it's helped repair some damage from the past between myself and my folks, but once I have the money together, I'm looking forward to getting back on my own two feet, and just visiting for dinners I think it'll be good for all of the family. In the meantime, if I win the lottery or come into money, I will take you up on your kind offer, Mama Bear

It's so true that a problem shared is a problem halved - especially when it's with lovely people who aren't judging me and know about the AL factor. Much love to you all :l:l
                          ps where am i going to get my chai lattes this week??!!
                          AF since 13th July 2010
                          NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello urchins!

Molly.. SO good to see you around and very sad you're feeling blue and fragile. Anything we can do? :l

Neart - honey, take a deep breath and relax. You are conquering a MOUNTAIN at the moment and you are doing bloody awesome! So have a :l and a big pat on the back. Your financial/job/home situation will sort itself out - it always does. I don't say this lightly. I've brought up 2 kids by myself and there were times I didn't know where the next meal would come from. But it always worked itself out somehow. And so will your situation.

Hello Coco-puff, Nora, MamaBear, Hipster and anyone else who shows up. Oh.. and PARDON ME? :egad: Fennel is busy... AGAIN??? That's it. We're cuttin' her pay! :H

Nothing exciting to report from the cold white north. Well, the friggin 40Celsius humid north. Either way, melting while working but NOT complaining. It COULD be February :H

See you all later.. hope you have a great evening
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I would enjoy Fall so much more if winter didn't show up. I think I need to find someplace with spring,
                              summer with out being to humid and than fall and thats all!! Everyone seems to be comming together in the nest. Good thing we all take turns with our ups and down. I could not live with my parents long term,but I feel bad to say that because they lifted me up when my life crashed always there for my even through Al, but they really don't know where I was with that. Deniel is good once in awhile. Can't wait till wed. than I only have 2 more wake ups before weekend!! And school starts Thurs. maybe house will stay cleanish? Have a great night . I take over the deliveries but not as daring with food. No one would want any. inkele:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all...it's a beautiful sunny September morning here in Ireland, so I'm thinking of having a good walk soon after brekkie. Feeling a lot more positive this morning. Thanks again - thanks for all the hugs I think that's the worst thing about being single - no hugs... Speaking of which, yesterday after venting here, I decided I needed to get out and do something, so I went to the shops and decided to get some of that Rhodiola supplement some folks were talking about on a different thread. Well, wasn't the guy in the shop only gorgeous, and really lovely manner, and I went sooo red!! I got all hot and bothered and as I was talking to him, I was giving out to myself internally, saying "this is why you should make an effort before going out, not wearing tracksuit and old tee-shirt...why didn't you wear any make up...etc" Twas funny tho Think I know what health food shop I"ll be visiting from now on :H
                                Oh Sunni - 40 degrees and humid?! I lived in Oz a while,and whereas it reached 40, it wasn't so humid. We don't get either in Ireland, just less rain then more rain - that's the main difference between the seasons
                                Hardroad, if you are going to the caf, I'll have a peppermint tea, please
                                Molly, hope you're having a good morning x
                                Nora, were you able to catch up on all the work after being out for jury duty?
                                Coco, how are ya coping without krill??!!
                                Hi to Mama Bear too and everyone who pops in today x
                                AF since 13th July 2010
                                NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X