Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello eveyone,

I am new to this site and am hoping that it will help me. My drinking is out of control and I know I need to do something about it. In reading your post I realize that this maybe a very difficult time to try to get sober with the holiday coming. But wow it would be great to be sober, so here goes .... Today will be day one.
    Tiny Tina:flower:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tiny Tina,
      I am on day 5 and you can do this. Just hang in here and listen to those who have been around the block. After only 5 days I feel good and my spiruts are high. Just take it one hour, one day at a time!
      "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tiny, today is my day one as well. Don't pick it up and stay close to here. keep posting!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tina - Good for you! I am on day 5 (again) and after trying a million times to moderate I realize that I just can't drink, no matter how much I woud love to have "just one". It is a hard road, but worth it. The people on here ROCK. Keep posting and read, read, read. There is a wealth of information - inspiring and thought provoking. Good sober thoughts headed your way. You are among friends
          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks All,

I really feel I am in the right place, I will do my best and continue to post. I too have tried moreration and failed. I have to stop completely I am tired of the roller coaster I need my life back before it to late.

:thanks:
            Tiny Tina:flower:

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello everyone here - can I come back and play?
              Tiny T, this thread has been the saving of a lot of people here, me included. This is where I fell in 18 months ago and was embraced and nurtured like the sad lost person I was. Take all the advice, friendship, laughs and tears from here and revel in it - there are truly wonderful people around here - heaps of very strong new people as well who are serious about sobriety but here for chat bout everyday life as well. Great place:welcome:
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go everyone - hope we all have an AF day - just focus on how good you'll feel tomorrow. It gets better and better!:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi new here just want to say hi on day 5 AF , posted a few times not craving tonight tomorrow will be a different story last time i didnt drink on a saturday night god was a boy. i am more of a reader than a poster but i will try
                  AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome:MM - so glad you decided to post. It really does help to "talk" things out and bounce things off of others. I really hope you reach your goal of getting past tomorrow night without drinking. You're doing great so far. With every day you add to being AF, you get stronger, feel better, and then have the ability to add yet one more day. I hope you'll stick with us. Sending you lots of support and strength.:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks choochie going to bed now will be back here tomorrow night for more support might need it then
                      AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi another Irish head!! Madman, the first few milestones (e.g. first sober Sat etc) are tricky but very exciting to achieve. After a few sober ones you truly will forget what day of the week it is - it just becomes utterly irrelevant - it really all gets easier and easier.
                        Molly
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all! Nice to see so many new faces here, welcome everyone, so glad you joined us!

Also want to say thanks for the tips about how to handle the party today, I am feeling cautiously optimistic :thanks:

I'll try to check back later, busy busy busy!

:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks molly feeling good now. must go and tie everything down if the weathermen are to be belived
                            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1 Newbie

:new:

Hi everyone....
                              I am new and feeling so demoralized this morning, angry at myself for the person I have allowed myself to become with the drinking. I am hoping I have finally had enough to drink and that this will be my last Day 1. I just ordered the supplements and they can't get here fast enough. I hope by Monday!

I look forward to getting to know you and I will be here tonight instead of out getting drunk!

Sam
                              "No matter what happens, be fearless!"
                              Sam - AF since 12/11/10

Comment

Newbies Nest

samantha, Im new here also, but have been reading post here for awhile and it has helped me. The supplements will help too,and I didnt wait, I went out and bought them on day 1 and glad I did. Hang in there, It will get better.
                                AF since 10/14/2010...

Comment

Working...
                                X