Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Sun - that's exactly how it should work IMHO - that you're getting your daughter and her son things they really need, not just a bunch of crap. Good for you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree, Coochie.

We often band together to get something somebody REALLY needs or wants and that would be too expensive for one to buy. So, Mr. Wonderful is getting a set of ramps (To roll vehicles up on a truck bed) that his 3 boys and I are buying together. Let's face it, most of us don't REALLY know what another person would like. I see people buying stuff 'because it's on sale' or just to be able to 'wrap SOMETHING'. That's just stupid.

I usually end up getting one small thing for everyone - this year, all the kids are getting a calendar from the heart & stroke foundation; the proceeds go to the foundation and there are draws throughout the year where the calendar owners can win money.

Oh.. and interestingly enough... I TRIED to stop giving xmas jammies last year.. boy, did I get an ear full! :H Even at 18 and 19 my kids do not want to do without opening new jammies on Christmas Eve!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Sunni, I remember my Mom giving my one month old son a huge box full of baby food for his first Christmas. It was the perfect gift because he turned into a huge eater

No snow on my portion of the planet, I'm grateful! I'm seriously hoping that my neighbor will have pity on me & plow my driveway when it does snow. That's one of the reasons I don't like living alone....
        I will happliy leave him some cash in his mailbox for plowing

Hope everyone has a wonderful AF Sunday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H
          That's exactly what we did yesterday, Lav. Baby Food (he's started on 6 months stuff now), diapers, bigger clothes, and a bigger car seat.

Well, if you ever feel you would LIKE some snow.. just give a holler, ok? I'll be quite happy to ship a ton or five your way! Grrrumble. I still haven't found the courage to leave for the barn... definitely will need my 4wheel drive today!

Well, sooner or later I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and brave the weather... wish me luck! Stay warm, everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Very New

Hi, I am very new, just found out about this site an hour ago. I have not yet read the book, MWO and I don't have the CD's , but will order them asap. I would like some help with supplements, I don't know where to start. Any recommendations at all would be helpful. Thanks

Comment

Newbies Nest

Emo:welcome:I ordered the starter pack with abstinence tapes from this site. Also, here is a link to the toolbox which has tons of information.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Read as much as you can on the site, and post your questions. Others will come along with additional information on how they used supplements. I know that the L-Glutamine helps with cravings and that B vitamins are important.

Choochie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the welcome Choochie, I will think about these things and make my list. I have been taking L .Glutamine, but not as regularly as I should. I'll be more mindful of that. And, I will keep reading. Day 1 - it's a good start.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wishing you the best Emo. It can be done - just look around at all the people here who are chalking up lots of sober days. It gets easier - not that you won't have down times, but you'll start to appreciate the difference how you feel sober versus waking up hungover. Ugh!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Emo & welcome to MWO, this is a good place
                    Be sure you look in the Toolbox (in the Monthly Abstinence section) for good ideas to help you make your plan. Filling in that old drinking time with new healthy activities is very important

Sunni, I hope you found your way to the barn & back today! It's raining down here so I have nothing to complain about, really.

Spent my rain-filled afternoon preparing Christmas cards & baby shower invites to mail - glad that's done.

Wishing everyone a cozy evening. Bet it's not snowing down your way Choochie

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Emo!

Can't add much to what has been said already.. the supplements are laid out in the MWO book and the toolbox thread has a TON of really good and helpful information. Make yourself at home here in the nest and venture out to the General Discussion threads as well... read, read, and then read some more. You'll find that everyone here knows EXACTLY what you are going through.

Ask questions, maybe start a little introduction or diary thread for yourself - I look forward to learning more about you!

As for the rest of you nest dwellers... I'm POOPED. I did make it to the barn and back (barely, seriously)... winter storm warning in effect all day and tonight.. so the barn owner ordered me to stay home tomorrow morning.. he'll feed the monsters for me (he lives right there). Whoohoo!

I think I'll call it a night early... just snuggle into bed, maybe there's something on TV
                      Night night!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ohhhhhhhh BIRDLINGSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Wakey, wakey! Come on, it's time to poke your beaks outta the nest!

Still blowing like crazy here and I'm snug as a bug with coffee mug in hand AT HOME! Yessss!
                        Mind you, I will have to venture out at some point and mail a present for my parents but hopefully this weather will let up during the course of the day.

Wishing you all a wonderful, sober, sane, and warm & cozy Monday!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Sunni!!!! How you doing? I am so behind on everyone & everything!!! I love having my niece & kids here but I'm a bit on the overwhelmed. Plus, I've totally neglected Tigger. We are taking him out on a trip tomorrow so finally I'll have some more Tigger pictures to post.
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Guys, just popping in to say Hello! It's freezing here, so I can only imagine some of the places up north right now.

Have a great AF evening everyone! I'll be huddling by the fireplace drinking soup or something.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi GG i see from your other thread that you were getting lonely here. i dont like the sound of the weather over with you, didnt think it got cold this early over there. being busy here and havent being in the mood to post much anyway, but i see you and My life are doing well and thats great keep it up . must try reading back a bit to catch up
                              AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Finally! You slackers! I'm gonna get techie over here to whip you lot in shape :H

Nora honey, are you getting any breathing room over there? Don't worry too much about Tigs right now... you got bigger things on your plate! :l

:hallo: Mylife! Yep, same here.. had soup and sammies for dinner because 1. it's a cold day kinda meal and 2. I really didn't feel like making anything more elaborate! Enjoy your cuppa soup!

And hello Madmans! It's not SUPPOSED to be this friggin frigid yet... in February.. yeah, we've come to expect it but not in December! Doesn't make me feel very optimistic in terms of the rest of the season (read, the next 5 months) *grummmmble*

Whaddaya mean, not in the mood to post? Anything we can do? Shout out if you need to vent or bounce off a thought, ok?

And, that's it for me, I think. Still working for a while and then crawl under the covers, see if the TV has any entertainment on the schedule Have a fabby evening!

Comment

Working...
                                X