Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

HI MM - just wanted to send you a hug!:l Peace and strength to you all .............feeling wonderfully strong and healthy today. Hope everyone achieves their goals and has a super day.

KG

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Guys!

MM -- I agree with Jenny -- great job on drinking and stopping! I did pretty much the same thing over Christmas and thought -- why did I do that? It wasn't even enjoyable. But as Jenny said, most people would consider that "normal"!

Great to hear from you all! KG -- glad to hear you're feeling so strong! I'm going to a Yoga class tonight!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters

Yoga class sounds good mylife, enjoy!

MM, glad you are back on the program. Sometimes we just have to learn things the hard way. Every day is a learning experience!

Hope everyone is feeling strong & motivated to move forward in this new year
        Wishing everyone a good night!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all!

I read the class schedule wrong and my Yoga class is tomorrow night, not tonight. That's okay, it's probably better not to go on the first Monday of the New Year to a packed class!!

I'll take a nice walk and a bath or something relaxing along those lines. I'm still feeling motivated, just tired after first day back at work...!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all

Today was last day of hols and back to school tomorrow. Last term I very nearly dropped out about 3 times because I was drinking so much on top of a very heavy course load. Just totally wasn't coping in any way. Felt very depressed and unmotivated and at times vaguely suicidal or that I wanted to self harm.

Today I feel very differently. I am only 1 week AF (tmro) but my mood has lifted 100%, I am waking up happy and enthusiastic to start the day (hasn't happened for MONTHS) and I am excited about finishing my course this summer and what the future will bring.

Been having the odd craving which I do not indulge. In fact I like to picture AL as a gremlin in my mind. Just told it to F-off the other night when it was putting thoughts of vodka in my head at 1am and deliberately focused on something else. I am not giving that little sh*t any more air time!!

Have a great evening all.
            Bean

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job Bean. I completely agree Alcohol is a Gremlin and a Beast. I picture it slowly eating holes in my brain when I think about giving in to it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

The book that helped me tremendously was rational recovery and in one chapter the author recommends you take a bottle of your favorite booze and put it on a table and stare at it for awhile. The whole point of the exercise is to look at the bottle from a whole different perspective, of looking at it not as a friend but as the enemy that came close to ruining your life. I cleared the table, took an empty heineken bottle and stared at it for a long time and I gotta tell you it worked for me. I don't look at it as anything more than poison. It really helped with the cravings.
                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H
                  Way to go Bean! Very positive post.. love it!

How about we post some pictures to help us VISUALIZE!?

There.. nobody wants to spend the night with this guy!

I'm about headed to watch a movie - had a nice day, long walk with the pooch, bath with the jets on, lovely fresh cod fillets for dinner - life is GOOD!

Night night, Nestlings!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

How is everyone getting on with their mission? What have been the upside and downsides so far? I am thirteen days af now and haven't had many downsides except feeling like a lame ass. Back to work tomorrow so that will be the real test!!!

Have a good Tuesday!

L x
                    'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Cassia,
                      Yep, lethargy in the beginning is quite normal (I think it lasted about 3 weeks for me) but there's also the after-the-holidays lull... I feel like a sloth myself

Btw... THIRTEEN DAYS! Awesome! Well done... you are definitely past any unpleasant stuff now - physically, anyways.

Well, it's back to work for me today as well so I'll luv y'all and leave ya. Have a great day!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Great job Cassia, be proud of yourself! Things will start to normalize for you now.

That's one heck of a visual there Sunni - that thing is no friend of mine :H

I've been busy so far this week, time flies. Humpday tomorrow already!

Wishing everyone a peaceful AF night.
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.

So nice to read all your positivity and support for each other. This site is truly amazing. Even when we slip up and drink, everyone offers support and help, there is no negativity. I wish the "real" world was like this site!

I have been visiting MWO for a year now, and I can honestly say that it has changed my life. Although I am struggling at present, I am hopeful and determined. I WILL NOT LET ALCOHOL WIN!

Take care everyone.

Hippy xx
                          I finally got it!
                          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back to school

Hi Everyone

This time last week I was well on my way to being completely smashed (in the middle of the afternoon). I felt toxic, dizzy and disoriented and this lasted for about 2 days afterwards.

Today I feel clear and focused. I laughed a lot at school, I didn't have to drag myself there like last term. The one thing I really notice when I am sober is that my inner and outer selves seem to properly 'align'.

When I am drinking I feel a sense of disconnection and as if I am seeing life through some kind of film that prevents me from fully engaging all my senses. Guess this is actually physically happening when we drink.

Anyway, it feels good to be sharp and alive!! Happy Days
                            Bean

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters!

Bean, you are so right! I have to say I was trying to figure out what's different, it is like an alignment happens when I'm not drinking. I just can't figure out why I'm still tempted to drink!! It's insanity.

Hippy, great to hear from you. This site is wonderful, I agree! I have had more than 30 had AF days since joining here after Thanksgiving which is more than I had the entire year before that!! Really something since it was the Holidays. It's great!

Hope you all have a great AF night -- I really love reading the posts here -- so positive.

Comment

Newbies Nest

The gremlin has appeared

Hi MyLife + everyone else

I am having a craving. It's very abstract, as in, not the kind of craving that will send me out into the cold night to get my hands on some booze, but it's there. Just wanted to name it.

Going to fix a nice soft drink and cook some supper. Need to distract myself.

I am genuinely delighted at how good I feel after 1 week AF but then every so often I have the thought that I won't ever again get that chilled, couple of drinks feeling. (which isn't a problem in itself, it's what comes afterwards and that I can't ever stop there).

ODAT ODAT ODAT ODAT ODAT ODAT ODAT ODAT ODAT ODAT ODAT ODAT ODAT ODAT

Comment

Working...
                                X