Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello Sunshine! I agree, it really seems like a lot of alcoholics have everything together if it wasn't for this one thing!? What gives with that?!

Enjoy the rest of your Thursday nesters!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello fluffballs!

Well, I had a pretty sad morning today. At the barn were I board my horses for the winter live -oh- 30 or so cats. I've been monitoring this one kitten, just so much smaller and skinnier than all the rest. The last couple of days I've taken her aside and fed her in my lap 'cause I thought she was just getting pushed out of the way by all the others. She always sat right beneath my mare's bucket, too.. eating whatever Miss Sophie dropped. I promised Mr. Wonderful some time ago 'No more animals'.. so every day I looked at this little one and thought.. 'To heck with it, I'm taking her home'... and when I got to the door 'Darn, but I promised and I really don't have $300 to get yet another one spayed'. So I put her down again.

Well, this morning, I didn't see her around my feet with all the others.. so after I put down their dishes I went looking for her... and found her :upset: She died last night or early this morning. Now I REALLY feel like a heel for not having brought her home. She was such a gentle (well, maybe just weak) little thing, too. A few day ago I named her "Velvet"... after my son's Mini Rex rabbit which had the same colouration as this kitten (tortoise, I think they call it)

So.. RIP little Velvet.

You know.. the old me probably would have used this as a reason to drink. In fact, I'm sure of it. I'm glad that the old me no longer has any say
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aww, Sunny, I'm so sorry.:l Sometimes life is cruel. We do what we can.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

madmans;1036315 wrote: Hi everyone feeling a lot better today (half human) . Lav my plan is to keep going ODAT ,its very easy now to go a few days and then drink , nothing to lose and all that bullshit we tell ourselves . I know what i need to do , now its time to do it. hope everyone has a great day
          *lands in the nest with a loud 'plop'* Hiya mads, you will kick arse this time round.

Hi Lavande, good to see you are till checking up on us

Hello to all from a returnee, hope you are all doing well.

Nailz, I can totally relate to what you say about controlling everything but AL, time to change that methinks

sunshine, so sorry about the kitty, not meant to be and not your fault. RIP Velvet.

See you all soon, I hope :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry to hear that Sunshine. So many little creatures in need of help. They can't all be saved.
            But I know how painful it can be lose one you've bonded with.
            Take care-
            AF Since January 02, 2011

Everything's nice when you're covered with ice, then you open your eyes and it's one big lie.
            ? Walter Lure, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers

Comment

Newbies Nest

havent drank so far this year hopefully i will make it all year long that would be a first, even in prison I drank just about everyday , anyway , a.a. is a good program its just that after talking about drinking for nonety minutes I am ready to go , and thats allways my downfall , any comments ?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Welcome.....so many newbies, glad you found us

Sunni, that is sad about the kitten, sorry that happened.

Welcome michaelsays!
                I'm not sure how one goes about drinking in prison, that's news to me. AA is a good program for many people but if it wasn't right for you then we're glad you are here. If you haven't already, download the MWO Book from the Health store above. It has a lot of good info for you.

Just wanted to say hello to all & wish you a good night!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to everyone new and old . Sorry to hear about that kitten Sunny. Great to see you back Fighting back, seen on another thread that you lost loads of weight last year when you put your mind to it, well if you can do that... 90% human today .
                  AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday Nesters!

The snow just stopped falling here & the sun came out immediately - amazing

Hi mm, glad you are feeling better! Let this experience be a good learning tool for you the next time you think about drinking. In my experience it really was never worth it - I know that now

Greetings to one & all. Hope you are enjoying your AF Friday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav i forgot how bad a hangover was and how long it took me to feel normal after drinking. it really is not worth it
                      AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

MM - just sending you a big hug.

KG:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters!

Lav - nothing like sunshine on snow! Enjoy!
                          MM - Glad you're feeling better!
                          KG - Nice to hear from you!

Sunshine -- I just saw your post from yesterday about the kitty. I'm so sorry!! That would break my heart too. I'm always finding strays and trying to save them too. Hope you feel better! :l

Have a great AF day all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks KG and Mylife might watch a movie and then sleep
                            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.

Back here again (they say 3rd time's a charm?). Sunni - so sorry about the kitten - please don't feel like it's your fault - sounds like heaven needed this little one for one reason or another. I'm working on Day 5 AF and it's Friday night to boot! That in itself certainly justified me drinking in the past but not tonight. Not sure what the difference is this time - and believe me, I know it's still early but I am just so tired of the guilt, worrying how this will affect my health, being found out by loved ones, and all the other crap that goes with this horrible disease. So - I am drinking lots of tea and lemon water - feeling pretty good.

MM and Nailz - hope you guys are doing okay - you have truly found a wonderful place for support - isn't it just amazing that there are so many people just like you going through the same things you are?

Post and read often - it really helps.

Waiting for hubby to get in from hunting - then going to sit down and watch a move (yea - all the way to the end without falling asleep in a drunken stupor!)
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Jolie! I can completely relate to the history of falling asleep during the movie in a drunken stupor! :H

I'm on day 11, but I feel like I'm on day 5. I was out of town before that and off work and distracted...it's so hard being back in my normal routine and trying to do this! I'm really just relying on ODAT -- I know from past experience once I get to day 15 or 16 I start to feel a lot stronger.

Comment

Working...
                                X