Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Sunday Evening Nesties!

Lavande-What a great photo of the 2 of them pregnant! Glad to hear all went well with the shower. You must be relieved a bit that it is over...I know all the work that goes into hosting those sort of special parties!

Jolie-On Supplements:
    Yes, I take a few supplements to help undo the damage I did to myself all these years also. I take Milk Thistle capsules as well as buy whole Milk Thistle seeds and toast them to have as a snack (it is very beneficial to eat them this way and I can post my recipe if anyone wants it...super easy! You can munch on them by the handful or sprinkle on salads and stuff). I also take Soy Lecithin (you can take by capsule or a teaspoon of the granules...tastes sort of nutty, good for the liver as well as cholesterol), I take a good quality mulit vitamin for women (Rainbow Light Women's One...it has extra D3 and Probiotics and just once a day). I also take a good fish liver oil supplement (Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega...no fish taste at all and the capsules are quite pleasant to take as they have a strawberry flavor), VitD3 on it's own cause it's good for your immune system, your mood and your bones, a probiotic with meals for immune support and digestive support, flax seed oil, ummm, what else, oh, a hair skin and nails supplement cause I think drinking a lot didn't do that area any good either! The one I take is called Bonita and it is also just once a day. That also has extra b vitamins in it that are good those who drink or used to! I drink a tea almost every night by Celestial Seasonings called "Morning Detox"...even though I don't drink it in the morning. It's caffeine free an has good liver cleansing herbs like Milk Thistle, Dandelion, Echineacea, and it tastes yummy, like vanilla. I got some free samples for Holy Basil, which is an herb in capsule form and you can take one a day to help "promote inner calmness". I thought that would be good to try and I have heard people recommend it. I will report it's success after I am taking it for a while.

Hi also to Bean and everyone else enjoying a sober Sunday. Tomorrow is 10 days...I can't wait!
    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
    :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

My goodness Blondie, that is alot in my opinion. Sounds great! I take L-Glut and One a Day women's multi and drink green tea and that's it. . .maybe I'll start a thread for everyone's supps and how they are helping them. That would be interesting anyway!
      You always succeed if you never stop trying.
      Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone glad to see everyone is doing so well, loved the photos you will soon have your hands full. was busy over the weekend working for a change, woke up this morning fresh and happy , last night i would have loved a beer but i found it easier to shift that mindset , seeing more clearly what my triggers are and knowing it will pass , still ODAT MM
        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone, Monday - ahh.
          Madmans, well said, you are learning about the triggers, and gaining power over them, because urges pass, and we can learn new habits that bring with them no alcohol triggers. Lavande, great pics, I remember the days. Time does fly, my children are already in school - yikes. You are approaching two years sober, that is awesome.
          Have a great week everyone!
          Hill
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, I have just registered here, and don't quite know how to start. I live in the north of England, and have joined this site as I am trying to stop drinking so much. Any tips?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

MM, good job on thinking past that beer last night!!!!!
              That's the way to do it......keep your eye on the goal!

Hill, it's true, time flies! Here I am having grandchildren when it seems like 'yesterday' that my kids were just small. I am very excited about my 2nd AF anni........what a difference

Hi negina & welcome to MWO!
              The Nest is a great place to get started on your journey. If you haven't already you should download & read the MWO Book from the Health Store above. It has lots of info about the different aspects of the program. You also need to make a good plan for yourself. Look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for good ideas. Visit the site often, ask if you have any questions, we are here to help each other. Best wishes!

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning in the Nest! Hope everyone is waking up feeling great!

Jennyeric-I do take quite a few supplements, but they are spaced througout the day. I guess I drink my own coolaide since I work in the health food industry...lol. But I feel great and can see the differences in by taking all that I mentioned. I have been on the holistic healing forum of MWO quite a bit and there are several posts about what folks are taking. It is always interesting to see what works for everyone and gain new information on the supplements out there.
                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MMs, congrats on shifting your mindset last night to avoid taking in a beer!

Welcome Negina! :welcome: Look forward to reading your posts. You have joined a wonderful world of support here.

Hope everyone has a joyous day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lucky

Hi everyone

Welcome to the latest newbies - good on you for checking in here! :welcome:
                    It's been another good Monday for me and tomorrow will be a good day too as I will be 3 weeks AF!

Feeling lucky today as I just had a friend admit to me that she has a food addiction and I really feel for her. We don't need alcohol to survive and as someone who can't moderate, I can't imagine how I would manage if I HAD to drink to live but was never able to stop at one or two.

Lucky us that we can just do away with AL altogether.

Have a good night all.
                    Bean

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning everyone, I hope you are well.

Hi Negina, and weclome. Let us know a little more about you, and your situation. How much you drink, how ofter etc, what are you goals? Moderation? Quitting alcohol? Read and write lots.
                      Hi Lavande, Blonde, Bean, Madmans, and all the rest of the gang - have a great day.
                      Hill
                      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Hill , running late here today. lots in the nest these days , great to see, Hi Negina like Hill said read lots and post let people get to know you.Today is 3 weeks for you Bean good job how do you feel now? Hi to all that come later Lav, Blondie, Jenny and Jolie
                        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters! Hi to Lavande, MMs, Jolie, Bean, Jenny, Hillside, MyLife, Choice, Witchy, Oh My Goodness, there are so many of us!

Day 11 for me! I am so happy...despite the fact that I am about to head to work for a busy day and it is snowing out. Freezing rain coming our way to boot. Oh well, life it still good waking up sober! This is actually my "Friday" instead of Tuesday because I have the next 2 days off from work (I work through the weekends). Kind of weird but nice at the same time to have 2 whole days to myself during mid-week. I miss out on time with my hubby because he works M-F and we don't have our weekends together, but we work around that. I think it makes our marriage stronger...lol.

Anywhoooo, bright blessings to all of you wonderful Nesters who are getting up with a clear head and happy heart. Have a beautiful day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Snow, ice & rain here on the East coast portion of the nest. Hope you got to work safely Blondie. I work from home these days, don't miss the commute

MM, are we going to see a decrease in that waistline soon - Summer will be here before you know it

Bean, congrats on your 3 AF weeks! Great work!!

Greetings to Hill, Negina & all who stop in today.

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning guys! I hope everyone is well! I am great today, wanting work to hurry up so I can get home to my babies! I love my family! Have a great AF day!
                              You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                              Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Newbies Nest

For you Lav , waist line gone that was quick. i even feel fitter now:H:H
                                AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Working...
                                X