X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Oh and Vintage,

major obstacle you achieved.... congrats!:goodjob:

Dancin, I always assumed it was cold there? just another naive assumption :-)
    The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lush> It feels weird to be hangover free on a Sunday! Just popped in to say hi, hope all are well! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest!

Just popping in to say Hello and Happy Superbowl Sunday. I went to meet a friend of mine for brunch today and she showed up hungover and looking miserable. I felt so happy to be clear headed and AL Free...

Have a wonderful day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

well done mylife! Just saying cheerio for a bit my fellow nestlings, should be back in a couple of weeks. Although I won't have this place I am going to remember the advice, the support and the strength I gained from here and keep going.

See you all soon! xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

Just flying in to wish everyone a happy Sunday evening! Not to much to report after today...had a busy but great day at work...getting ready to bundle up with a book I have been aching to dig into. Maybe I'm the only one not watching the SuperBowl...hubby has it on, but it's not "my thing"!

Good night everyone!
            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
            :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have a great week everyone. I'm away until Friday night so won't be online for the week.
              Have a safe one.
              Lav, I hate green tea hot, but have never tried it cold. I will give that a go.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

dancingon, I never cared much for greem tea in the past but somehow now it hits the spot

Blondie, Congrats again on your 30 AF days - that's such a great feeling! Everything begins to change for the better!
                No Super Bowl for me either, I have other things to do Had my DIL & grandson here for dinner, my son was at work.

vintage girl, come back when you can, we'll miss you & hope you can remember some of the things you've picked up so far here!

LadyLush, I hope the Super Bowl madness isn't getting to you. I think I would have just packed up & left town for the weekend, honestly. We're here for you!

Wishing everyone a good, safe AF night.
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!

Vintage girl - not sure if you'll get to see this as I see you'll be away for a while but I wanted to wish you strength while your away and PLEASE COME BACK! We will miss you while you're away so hurry back!

Sooooo - I'm a football fanatic. How freakin great is it to watch the whole superbowl while sober and actually remember all the ads! (not that I think there were any that were really, really good - except maybe the snickers one with Roseanne) - but seriously, first time in probably at least 8 years that I have been sober for the big game.

Shoud out if you can relate!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nersters!

Didn't watch the super bowl Jolie but I do remember every detail of the day yesterday :H

I'm sure you must feel very happy & proud today - you certainly should! :goodjob:

Hope to see more Nesters dropping by today - have a great AF Monday one & all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, how are we all doing today? I am trying to keep focused, need to be sober today so then I can move onto tomorrow and the day after and actually get some sober time under my belt so I don't look like a complete loser!!!
                      Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Where is everyone? :scratchinhead:
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Monday evening nesters!

Lav - I'm with you - where is everyone? Maybe everyone just had a busy day. 36 days for me today and the urges are definitely getting less and less. I like my sober life these days too much to give it up.

Hi to all who pop in later!
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone: I don't understand the time differences on this site, does it show UK time?

Anyway, it's evening here and very cold. I had a weekend out of town and for the first time since I started this I had the urge to overdrink. I was tired and it was a little stressful because we were with people a lot and I am still not completely well. But I overcame that desire. I had a glass of wine with dinner, and a little bit later, they both tasted bad to me. Interesting. But he isn't reacting to my choices at all, at least not saying anything. So the one glass with dinner was fine. A perfect amount. Nothing to keep me awake or even to notice an effect of tiredness. But also not much of an enhancement either. Also interesting.

I am so tired of being cold. I wish all of you the best this week with your efforts. Fixing up my house now, that can be fun.

Best.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Where is everyone????

neworleans gal - glad to hear your weekend went well & you stayed in control. Sounds like you learned quite a bit about yourself, that's great.

I'll check in later. Hope everyone has a great AF Tuesday!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nest!

Had a great sleep last night and I feel so good today and full of energy! Good thing because I have so much to do today.

Hope you all have a wonderful AF day!

Comment

Working...
                                X