Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone,

Marybel - Honestly - the first couple weeks were difficult - never taken antabuse so not sure if that's what's making you so tired but it may also be your body reacting to no alcohol (which is a GREAT THING by the way). You've probably read this somewhere on this site before but lots of water, sleep, exercise and healthy food will help. If you've never tried them, herbal teas are really comforting for me.

Lav - is it just me or where is everyone?

Byrdie? Blondie? Where are you guys?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all!

Welcome Marybel! Happy you found us
      I think just about everyone goes thru a period of tireness, sleeplessness, etc. at first. I actually felt like I had the flu or something but it didn't last long & when my head cleared, it was glorious! Congrats on your decision to quit drinking, it's poison, really.

Jolie, I'm thinking about putting a call out to all the missing Newbies tonight. I get concerned when they wander too far away from the Nest. We might have to reinstall the seat belts & butt velcro :H:H

Wishing everyone a warm & comfy night!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav and all - thanks for the welcome
        I will keep posting - feels a bit daunting right now - but I know from the past that it gets easier

take care
        Patrice

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. It looks like this is where the action is for those of us who have just started or who, like me, have lost their way and returned. Do you mind if I pull up a branch and settle in for a while with you. I have posted on some other threads but they have been a bit lonely. Tought it might be a good idea to cozy up with some other early AFers.
          Lav, you are amazing to check him on themselves that are struggling after so many months and years of AF life. Thank you. I seriously need to be reminded that there is life without drinking. I have fought this beast for so long!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry for the typing errors. I didn't reread that before sending. The auto correct sometimes picks the wrong words!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all nesters, just about to hit bed after DAY 4!

Marybel i've been tired too, not on any meds but have been exercising a bit more than normal and have found an afternoon nana nap most beneficial. Also really loving herbal tea. Old happy would have 3 or 4 cups of organic black tea every morning to clear the head but i am finding i can only manage 1/2 to 1 cups and then i am on the water.

All good, have a great day/night

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning everyone, I hope you are having a good week. Welcome Patrice, Marybel, Prancy. Hi Myhappyplace, Lavande, Jolie, and all the rest of you who visit today.

It is Friday, thank goodness. What a long week.

Keep fighting the battle, you can do it, one day at a time. Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prancy - welcome back!

You can do this! If I can come back on my third try and make it to day 40 (yeehaa!) then you can too! Never thought I would make it this far - never have before. Let's buddy up and do this together! After I finished 30 days, I thought about migrating over to the other threads but this is where I feel most comfortable right now.

Myhappyplace - sounds like you are keeping busy with your kids - try to fill all your normal "drinking hours" with busy hours. I'm thinking about take a class at our local college - not sure what but something that keeps me interested for sure. Hang in there - you're doing great!

Patrice - you a returner as well? It does get easier - soon you will forget to count the days!

Happy Friday to Lav, Hill, Marybel and anyone else that pops in - YEA - we made it to the end of another week!
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nestlings!

Prancy - welcome back! By all means, pull up a comfy twig & settle right in
                    Arm yourself with a good plan, a firm commitment & fasten your nest belt!

Patrice, it certainly does get easier or I wouldn't still be here - I mean it Once the crappy feeling leaves the good feelings move in. Just keep reminding yourself of all you have to look forward to ~ especially the freedom

myhappyplace - congrats to you - you are over the hump now & about to discover how wonderful life really is when you are free of the demon!

Greetings Hill, wishing yo a happy Friday!

Looking forward to temps rising to the upper 40's this weekend & remaining snow melting
                    Have a great Friday one & all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, gosh it got busy on here again! Day 5 for me and going strong ATM, not complacent however as I am expecting a craving anytime, got myself a virgin mary prepped and ready, I really struggle not to drink at the weekend so if I can clock up any AF days it will be a massive step!!
                      Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

I may as well chime in, too!

Day 23 AF for me!!!! Prancy, I remember you. I started here about a year ago, and kept fooling myself into thinking I could moderate. Wasted a year really. But doing better now than I ever have. The first couple weeks ARE the hardest, but I can honestly say that I am not constantly thinking about it now. It's so nice to be free of the hiding and worries of having enough and disposing of the empties and what if hugs finds all the empties??? What will he think? I know what I think....I think I'm better off on my day 23 than I've been the last 25 years!!!! Thanks to this nest! Let's hang on to each other!!!
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm with you byrdlady. I remember you too. We need to just forget about this molding thing and get this right this time! Have a great day. I am off to meetings.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All

I'm new on site and today is Day 4, still feeling great and love this site. Have been on the computer for a little while, couldn't sleep and was full of energy so thought I'd get up and have a look to see what was happening - I guess all you lovely people are in the Land of Nod, blissfully sleeping. I was recommended that I join your great site, on my Day 1, so it's taken me this long to find you again. Pretty dumb huh? Well I hope you all have a fantastic AF Day when you wake up and would love to hear from you.
                            Kazaxx
                            Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:l:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lunch break for me - thought I'd check in.

Mauri, don't let the weekend throw you off track!
                              Plan some things to do that do not/could not involve AL. If the weather is decent enough, do something outside. Go somewhere where kids are....no AL there

Byrdie, Prancy & Kaza, good to see you!
                              Kaza, the time difference with all of us is strange. It is nearly 2 pm here of the east coast of the US - we're all up & enjoying some sunshine today.

OK, back to whatever it was I was doing.
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters

Cant resist checking in. Up early as Mr happy is taking B3 to cricket on the other side of the city so i will get B1 to his part time job and take B2 shopping for cricket pants so Mr happy can take him to cricket this afternoon.

Whew, Lav looks like your advice on staying around the kids and their stuff is working. Sometimes I think that why I drink so much in the summer holidays coz their activities wind down....must make that part of ongoing strategy...to plan for Mr happy and myself and our time together.

Out tonight with the girls, so wish me luck, have a plan in place and positive I can stick to it. All have a great day whatever day it is for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X