Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi All
    Many thanks for the warm welcome on my return to the nest.

Ozigal,
    Stick around, drinking or not, this is a great place to be. I made the mistake of thinking I could fly alone, but here I am, back with my head under the collective wing.

Hope everyone has a great day. Stay strong !
    Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ozigal, stay here and let us all lift each other up! You can do it I know you can.

I am having ridiculous urges to have my wine tonight, auraguah..I did yoga this morning and rode my bike with my son this afternoon in the sunshine. You would think with so much healthy excercise and sunshine i'd be content with my club soda and mango juice. I guess it really does take time and even if you have a bunch of good days a stinker pops up.

I'm glad i have all of you to vent with, it takes a lot of the sting out craving.

Have a great AF evening, i might stop by again later. Got to go cook dinner now!

No wine for me... day 7 almost done!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oz - do not go away! That's why we are all here - to help each other through the tough times as well as the good times. I wish I would have stayed my last two attempts over the past 2 years - I might have enjoyed living like I am now a whole lot sooner!

LoLab - :goodjob: my friend on 30 days! You are awesome and should feel totally proud of yourself. Always here for you (as you know).

In chains - you are definitely in the right place - stick around and join us as we all travel this sometimes bumpy, but so worth it road towards our goals.

Crazy stressful day at work for me - couldn't wait to get home and relax. Sipping on a cup of coffee even though I know I shouldn't be cause it might keep me up but it's really my "comfort" drink now so I'm gonna do it anyway.

Hope all you guys have a great evening. Can't help but think about the unbelievable disaster in Japan - please keep those folks in your thoughts and prayers and hug your loved ones/friends tight - life is so fragile.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm very happy to be back here and thanks a lot for welcoming words!!!!
          Day 2 is complete.. i had day off work so after 10 hours sleep was able to put myself in order with yoga, healthy food and drinking water and organic aloe vera drink

Visited hairdresser and almost satisfied with myself...

I'm worried about tomorrow because will have long working day and.. after 3.5 years break and non-seeing each other is coming to see me my ex...he knows about my problem but 3.5 years ago it was mild...so he is an exepert of wines and he knows my taste too but he doesn't know how seriously my problem increased in this years...
          My plan is to tell him about site and me honestly...he's italian and almost non-drinker...when we lived together we were having wine 1 or 2 times per week and..1 very good wine bottle for 2 of us ..not 2 wine bottles per each as i did sometimes in last years...
          I'm afraid of seeing him and in the same time i know that cover fear with AL will not help.
          Hope to be strong!!!
          Good night or Good morning!!!

Audrey

The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
          /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Newbies Nest

I can't seem to work out who to talk to yet or where to post about things... feel a bit out of place among so many people who are actively cutting back, moding or quitting all together. I came here to find someone I could talk to without being judged and now I have nothing to say. Starting to feel whiny miserable and self centred next to so many people making positive steps in life...
            I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

InChains,

I'm not really sure what you are looking for.........
              The website is for people lookig for help with their alcohol problems, be it abstinence or moderating.

You can talk about anything you want to talk about. We all listen & don't judge.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry I'm a bit all over the place, I joined because I want to stop or moderate if I can manage it, but I don't feel I'm in the right place mentally to start actively trying to do those things yet - even though i want to be. I don't know what to say on here because whilst everybody else is making positive steps I just -want- to make positive steps, but seem unable to.

On a side note I think I may remember you from when I joined originally, glad to see you're still doing well
                I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Maybe it's a little inspiration you need........

My favorite place to go is The ToDo Institute: Mindfulness, Procrastination, and Gratitude using Morita and Naikan Therapies

Gratitude helps you change your thinking.
                  Look at this thread: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ful-48747.html
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

InChains;1077910 wrote: Sorry I'm a bit all over the place, I joined because I want to stop or moderate if I can manage it, but I don't feel I'm in the right place mentally to start actively trying to do those things yet - even though i want to be. I don't know what to say on here because whilst everybody else is making positive steps I just -want- to make positive steps, but seem unable to.

On a side note I think I may remember you from when I joined originally, glad to see you're still doing well
                    In Chains, you are in the right place, please dont doubt it. You want to make steps, no one has all the answers or a magic wand (if only) but the more you read and post here, hopefully the more you will find out about what is going to be right for you and then you can try making those positive steps at your own pace. No one here will judge you, that's not what it's about.

It might look as though everyone has everything under control, but if we did, we wouldn't need this place, now would we?

Post as little or as much about yourself as you want and take it from there.

Comment

Newbies Nest

In Chains..When you are on this site don't stress, everyone is here to welcome you and support you, no need to worry here. I have fallen off many many times in the past. But today is a new day and I have found being on this site helps me a lot! I hope it does for you too.

Lavande thank you for posting those inspirational sites. I am going to have a look myself!

Have a great night everyone!

ox Mema

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest!

Just checking in to say good night! Sunshine good to see you again!

All others, so great to see your positive posts. Have a great evening!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Dark & damp in my end on the Nest so far today but it's supposed to clear later!

Audrey, congrats on your success so far & I hope you can continue to remain strong.

IC, report in regardless of what's going on, OK?

Greetings vintage girl, Mema, mylife & everyone!
                          Wishing a happy humpday to one & all

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone had a good night's rest.

Lot's of Robin's hopping about this morning so Spring must really be around the corner!

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
                            Day 8 for me! YAY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning everyone,
                              The birds woke me up this morning also, I am looking forward to the snow melting!!
                              happy Wednesday.
                              Mags

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello lavande,
                                Thanks for the recomendation, I just went to the web site you recommended above, have you ever been on one of those retreats? Looks very interesting.
                                Maybe that should be my next vacation!
                                Mags

Comment

Working...
                                X