Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Wrapping up the second day of clouds & rain - Ugh! No relief in sight either

sunshine, hope all is well with you!

Mimi, how's your day going? Did you read the book?
    Jump back on board with us asap :l

I hope everyone is OK - kind of quiet here today.
    Wishing everyone a good night!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters

A sleepy Sunday here. The weather has been absolutely brilliant all week but now has clouded over. Maybe some rain on the way. Oh well I did try to send some of the sunshine over to Lav.

Mimi hope you are doing OK and getting back on track. Sometimes it can be hard to do that so grab a hand and get your determination back.

VG are you having a bit of R & R or is it work?

Suns enjoy walking those dogs. Its good therapy for you too.

Scottish what a bummer. Hope you can get that sorted out.

Andrew so well done on the choices you made on Friday night. Keep that going.

Wheres HippyC these days and Byrd and IC and anyone else I've missed. Hope you are doing OK. Let us know hey.
      Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav and Maz,
        I am here with you. I have been checking in regularly but have not seen much action in here. I hope everyone is well. Some of our regulars have gone sparse, I suppose as you do. Hopefully everyone is well.
        I have had a lovely Sunday. Long walk on the beach with hundreds of dogs for the RSPCA. Sorry Lav but we had heaps of sunshine. Mazzie, looks like we share the sun on this big ole space of land.
        It's funny, I keep thinking of things during my AF days that I mean to come back and relate here. Then when I get here they have slipped between the hundreds of past thoughts and are lost. Maybe I need to carry a notebook! Anyways all, enjoy the rest of your weekend. I have tomorrow off (Monday) and I plan on having an incredibly long sleep in. See you after!:l

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine, I love your new pic!!!!

Good morning all. I'm up early, did some ironing...YECK!!! It's a rainy day here too.

I hope everyone's feeling strong today...don't get put off by setbacks - hop back on the horse and learn from your mistakes...I think this journey takes LOADS of self reflection and soul searching - I've been very thoughtful lately about why the urge is there sometimes...sometimes I feel like a split personaliity....one week I'm so strong I feel like I will never ever drink again and the next I can't figure out a reason why not to....BUT, at the beginning of this year, I couldn't go one DAY without AL....then those strong/weak times alternated every day....I can see my determination growing stronger as I reflect more and more and actually begin to figure out the "why's".

Enjoy a nice sober Sunday I know I plan to...
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Yep, we're stuck in a rain pattern here thru next Friday-
            Gets on your nerves after a few days

Hi Mazzie & sunshine
            Glad you are enjoying yourselves - please send the sun over here to the east coast soon for me & lolab :bow

lolab, developing sense of true gratitude has seriously helped me stay focused. Determination aka 'Lavan-tiude' to stop making the same mistakes & move forward is key

Wishing everyone a good day!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab, I have been reflecting too. Upon more reflection I see that last year was the first time I made a real effort out of want for myself and my life to not drink as much. Last year I actually went longer AF than I had in years, and I was proud of myself. Last year I also had some of my scarier reactions (withdrawals) from AL probably due to binging most of the time when I did drink. I would go weeks AF and then bam, I wanted my reward. This time, my rewards are different, they are things that I can appreciate or that are good for me. I am using this experience to change my behavior, my mindset, myself. This wasn't my intention when finding this place, but this is where I am heading after 6 weeks Af. Sorry, I am going on. What I was trying to say is, it took me over a year to really give this a fighting try. I would do well, then slip. Just keep trying and you will get there. Have a lovely Sunday!
              LAV,:rays::rays::rays::rays::rays:

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm here! Thank you for putting me in as Alternate Nest Mum!!! That makes me feel like a million twigs! It has not been easy. I just know why I came here and what I needed to find out from others who had been there. You know...(Andrew) just anyone wouldn't know what I meant by the voices, but you did, and the others here know them. A normal drinker would say, just don't drink!! Well Duh!!! THAT IS the problem! I am so glad to talk with people who know exactly what I am dealing with. I too, have mood swings about this, but they are getting less and further between. I think one of the dozens of reasons I drank was to drown out the mind chatter...it just numbed me over and all I had to worry about was getting the next drink. Now, I have to deal with the things that are going on up there and sort them out...that's the big difference, I think. Not sure I'm saying that the right way, but maybe the nest will know what I mean.
                Lav, you poor thing, have you had one day of sunshine in the last 6 months? You should move. And thank you for lending your strong wing to us to lean on!
                Sort of on a side note...but the other day when I was having a bad urge, I decided to think about the top 10 people whom I have known who've made a real difference in my life. The people who came into my life and made a difference, and the people I turned to when I needed something and they came thru. The top 3 were easy, my dad, my hubs and my boss....the rest of the 7, were more difficult. I actually wrote these people down on a posty note. And when I have a hard time, I look at it. Funny, not one of them is a lush like I was....I wonder if I'm on anyone's list...and if I'm not today, my goal is to get on someone's!!! It sounds corny. But I went a step further...the ones who are still living, I actually told them. It meant a lot to those people. I hope everyone has an easy day today...with no thoughts and no stuggles! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the :rays: sunshine
                  Honestly, there is something seriously wrong with the weather patterns not just here but all over this country anymore. I just hope the devastating heat we had last summer doesn't return for an encore performance

Byrdie, I found that the people in my life (husband & kids) got tired of seeing me pickling myself & had no problem verbalizing that to me BUT not one of them have verbalized any congrats to me on quitting. Now my kids have shown me their appreciation by allowing me to be close to & care for the grandkids. That's big!!! My husband never got any happier about me or anything for that matter & left 13 months ago. I know better than to hold my breath waiting for a tidbit of appreciation from him. If you are able to find people willing to talk honestly about all this to you then good. But please don't feel disappointed if they don't come thru

Think I'll run out & gather eggs while the rain is on break :H
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

day 21
                    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you on 21 days IC!
                      Now go look for something that makes you happy!
                      The world is your oyster

Wishing everyone a good night!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone
                        Just breezing in quickly after reading the last few pages. I've had a few days of internet problems and once it was all sorted my teenagers wasted no time in using up the internet for the month. I refuse to pay to top up automatically. We buy a set amount each month and if they use it that's too bad - back to dial up speeds, or better still they go out into the natural light and talk to real people. :H However, it does mean I have to use the internet at work and be brief.

My family never give me much credit when I stop. My ex used to deliberately sabotage the plan by pouring me a drink, but that's in the past now. Amazingly, the kids often don't notice for a couple of weeks, but if I bring it to their attention they are encouraging.

Keep going Mimi. It can get discouraging if you keep thinking you are back to Day 1. Give yourself credit for the days you achieved out of the month and set a new goal. Remind yourself how good it feels to be AF. I know that feeling of wanting to reward yourself, but it really isn't a reward to feel like crap and have to start all over again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey there Nesters,
                          Hiya Byrd. Glad to see you popping in. I like the list idea, I might have to try it.
                          DO, hello there friend. My hubs got fed up with limited and got unlimited internet.
                          Lav, agreed about weird weather patterns.
                          IC, WTG with 21 days, even though you question the positives of it, it is still an a accomplishment.
                          Just hanging around my day off. Got soccer in a few hours. Another AF day down!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Been reading through this old thread, like it a lot... if anyone else wants to have a wander
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...-15-23467.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry one more post. I use to think when I was drinking in private (hiding it) that my hubs wouldn't know. When hubs had a night out with his friends and was a little drunk he went to bed when he got home. When I went in to bed a bit later, there was no mistaking the sweet sickly smell of the lingering AL. It was so STRONG and pungent, I don't know how I ever thought he didn't know. I wonder how many nights he must have smelled it when he came to bed, knowing he never saw me have a drink.
                              Just reflecting.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Monday morning Nesters!

Yep, another dark & damp start to the day!

dancingon, good to see you
                                It's been a long time since I've had teenagers around but I do remember them being very self-centered. A little time out in the real world usually resolves that problem

sunshine, there certainly is something new to learn everyday if you choose to do so. The more I read around here the stronger my resolve becomes to remain AF & FREE!

Wishing everyone a good Monday.

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X