Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello Guys,

Great to hear everyone is safe and comfy in the Nest.

Hippy - Congratulations on your 100 days!! And thanks for the "shrinking brain" visual. Those things really help me, too.

Lav, great to hear from you as always!

Witchy, Byrd, Leave, Noodle and Inchy - great to her from you all. Inchy - you know you can do this. I agree with Byrd and Hippy, there is a reason you're still coming here, just like we all are.

Have a great AF day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lucky day 13 Shelley :H
      Keep going, you know you can

IC, hope the rest of your day has gone well. Glad you stopped in.

Byrdie & mylife - hot down in your area. It's a beautiful day here in the mid-Atlantic area, more heat & humidity on the way for the weekend though. Haven't even bothered to make any plans for the
      4th

Had to break down & admit to losing a pair of glasses this week. Last time I saw them was Tuesday afternoon & have been in complete denial. So, I just went & ordered a new pair because I haven't been able to read anything on paper......thank God for computers :H
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Struggling a lot - July is going to be a hell of a month. Not sure how well I will do. I am focusing towards August and ignoring July - not posting a lot, lurking though and will get thru this.
        loved this quote and wanted to share with all you amazing people...
        "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
        ~Roosevelt, Eleanor
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Eleanor Roosevelt said many wise things Scottish Lass
          Good to see you here. I hope July isn't as difficult for you as you predict! Keep checking in & share the communal strength.

Wishing all Nesters a safe night in the Nest. Would love to hear everyone's plans for surviving the weekend

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters
            Its Saturday morning here and guess what?............Drumroll please................I got through Friday night without drinking!!:bday3:
            I was soooo close it wasn't funny. Kids and I were in the supermarket at 5.30 and the bottle shop is right next door and my mind was saying..But its Friday, what about just a little bottle? Hmm?? Go on?? Or a big bottle and just have one glass (Yeah right) Then my kids started talking about what lollies they could have for movie night and so next thing I snapped myself into deciding which chocolate to buy instead:H And there was alot of it.

Hope everyones getting through Friday night fine wherever you are Chat later today

Comment

Newbies Nest

I got through Friday night too! Not sure how, but I can tell you it's the first alcohol free Friday night in a blue moon! Yippee!!!!!
              ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
              -----------------------------------
              Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Irie! Its a great feeling isn't it?

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's great to hear the alcohol monster is getting a fight with so many. My plans for this weekend involve avoiding all parties, running a 10k race early am on the fourth, and being there for my girlfriend who tragically lost her cat yesterday due to heart disease. Best to all today and keep up the fight!
                  2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, it is G.McFuzz! I'm up very, very early this morning, however, after not sleeping last night. Sorry to say my normal routine is to pass out after a heavy night of drinking and not stir until morning. Last night I couldn't fall asleep, or stay asleep. No big deal, just interesting.

I'm ready to take on today. I plan to spend time lurking on this site when I'm tempted to pull out the wine bottle. My problem is I associate a beautiful summer day working out in the garden with a nice bottle of wine. But who am I kidding... I associate most everything with a nice bottle of wine. It's going to be a challenge to pull off two weekend days in a row alcohol free, but I think I'm up for it. I have to be.
                    ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                    -----------------------------------
                    Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Gert & Irie - congrats for beating the AL demon last night Just keep doing that & remember, it does get easier, promise. I had sleep problems for a long time too but the MWO CDs helped a lot.

Hi allswell! Glad you dropped in too! Your plan sounds good, stick with it & you'll be OK
                      Sorry to hear about your GFs cat, pets are a real part of the family.

I've set myself up with several gallons of paint & plan to stat inside, in the cool AC painting my room this weekend

Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest!

I'm busy today doing housework and some painting like Lav - really just retouching - however I did paint my bedroom a few months ago Lav so I know how it feels! The funny thing is I decided on a completely new color scheme - hated it after it was about half done - and went back to a modified version of the original color scheme in the end. Double the work but it kept me busy!

Congratulations to everyone who successfully battled the monster last night. Fridays are the hardest for many of us.

Have a wonderful AF day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Got the first coat of paint done mylife & I still like the color, thank God :H :H
                          I'm way too lazy at this stage of the game to do things over
                          Think I'm going to go out & take a look at the garden, chickens, etc & leave the 2nd coat of paint for tomorrow.

Hope everyone is keeping up the fight
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,
                            Well I have made it to 27 days AF today!! It was really a battle on some days and I know it is not over. I really loved the quote, Scottish Lass. I am starting to see the bad days as just challenges that make me stronger next time. I am really having good and bad days emotionally right now. Just trying to stay very busy and take care of myself and all of the folks (and pets) in my life. It feels good to do what i need to do, for the most part. And the world seems to be full of nice, sober people the more I am getting out there to do stuff I need to. Just not really ready for a social event. I cancelled out on the one next weekend.... My social phobia really gets me wanting wine to relax.

Hello to Gertrude, Irie and Allswell, and anyone else I missed or who is just "lurking" and dear Lav of course!! This long weekend will be a challenge especially because it is so hot here now and there are booze filled barbeques everywhere.-- (which I am avoiding--but "fun times" are just in the air...I know better though. another AL lie. ). And I really want to drink when it is super hot weather, mostly to avoid feeling lousy, which is silly because I end up feeling worse, of course.

Ok, anyway, I am relearning how to have fun and how to handle stress at work without getting fired or something. I mean I am trying to be honest with my feelings, but some things are better left unsaid I am sure!! :nutso: The fun part is that I am looking for more ways to play that don't involve AL. I have started a list--local pools to swim in, the library (!), local coffee places with tables-- just to read and people watch, parks to explore, day hikes, movies to rent, new restaurants to try, bike rides in the evening,
                            playing with my dog (this is really fun, I am finding out!!) ....If you all have any other ideas out there, please let me know!

Have a wonderful evening Nesters! Hang in there 'cause the ride just keeps getting better!
                            No Alcohol Today I Live In Excellence!!! -- Natilie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry I don't mean to be writing a book! :H. I will try to keep my posts shorter!
                              Natilie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters wherever you may be this weekend.

Natilie, good for you for making big changes in your life & routine.
                                You will keep the AL demon out of your life for sure!!!

I have another day of painting planned for myself so I won't be getting into any trouble :H

Wishing everyone a good AF Sunday!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X