Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

good morning nesters!

just checking in...today is my big 40. Can't believe it. Kind of overwhelmed with good feelings --- so thankful for the gift of sobriety. Was out with friends at a popular restuarant/pizzareia a few days ago, and I watched so many people drinking: young guys with their giant drafts, a couple with a bottle of wine, etc, and I was genuinely happy watching them without regrets or feeling like I was "missing out." I've probably put away enough booze for 3 lifetimes so I'm happy with my iced tea, with a life without shame, with good health and the promise of a future not destroyed by alcohol.

Sending all of you positive vibes for another day AF! all aboard!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am finding that there is a little rough edge at the beginning of 'things' where i used to drink...(um, heavily)...work conventions, vacations, hell, weeknights.... once you get over that period where you STARTED, the edge smoothes out and you are ok. Then it's funny (sad, really) to see the other people get trashed and you'd be right there too...complete with the roadmap eyes and throbbing head in the morning. All you have to do get get over that little rough edge.....then it's smooth sailing! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've come to realise lately I don't belong here - I'm sure most of those here have grown tired of seeing my name, knowing I post, I contribute, but in all reality I shouldn't be here. I am not AF, I haven't been for a long time. I'm not trying to give up - I don't want to. I want to want to - but I'm not there yet. I want to thank you all for the amazing support you have given me, if it wasn't for the nest i woudl never have made 45 days, never got to know a little of what my life could be without AL - but it's time for me to admit defeat and go - for the good of all of you. I am here not to help others or myself, I am here as a spectator, and as somebody who posts about their struggles, shares their troubles but that is all I do - I share the weight of my life with you all without considering that perhaps this isn't the place. I need this place, but I haven't earned the right to be here - not yet. Hopefully one day I can return, a bigger person, ready to face this demon, but not today. This site has become part of my denial. I will miss you all - hearing about your progress, watchign people come here broken and then seeing them grow and find themselves - I will miss the wisdom of those who stay in the nest to help people like me. I just wanted to say thank you, and goodbye

XiC
        I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Still 88 degrees at 8 pm ~ yuck!

IC, if you want to stay here, please do so! You're not ready to jump on the wagon but mabe, just maybe we'll slowly change your mind Please stay safe & drop in to let us know how yuo are doing.

FlyAway - my Sistah in Frizz :H
          It's been a lifelong battle for me & I'm now wearing my hair super short but still a PIA :H

life take2 - Congrats on your big 4 0 AF days!!!!
          You sound happy, grateful & resigned to living a sober life - wondeful for you

Byrdie, so happy for you as well

More extreme heat & humidity on the way tomorrrow. Not like we really get a choice :H
          I would really hate dealing with a hangover in this heat!!!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

InChains--I'm sorry that you feel you must leave. I for one am not tired of seeing your name and I doubt anyone else feels that way either. As for earning the right to be here, we all have the right to be here. Drinking, non-drinking, trying to abstain, trying to moderate, drinking but thinking about possibly quitting, etc. If you feel that you get something out of this site and chatting with us all then please stay. If you feel that you must move on, I wish you peace and hope to see you back here when you're ready. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checkin in on Day 19 AF ...

Feeling good physically and mentally ...

Hang in there - it's worth it !!
              AF July 4th 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in as well, 13th day AF so far, everything as fine as can be expected, IC I wish you the best and congratulate you on your 45 days, good luck.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings

:new: Hi everyone - I am on day 8 AF; this is my longest dry period since returning from rehab in early Feb. Beyond feeling tired, I am not sure how I feel. Certainly glad to be sober and guilt free (no bottles hidden in the house; no pretending I am not drinking). Well, just wanted to introduce myself and I am benefiting greatly from all you share.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Everyone! It is Day 14 for me! If I make it through, it will be 2 whole weeks since I had a drink. I took the day off from work, and have lots of plans to keep busy and get some things accomplished. I won't be able to use a stressful work day as an excuse to drink tonight, that's for sure. I had planned to leave town for the weekend which is why I requested this day off, it actually was not related to quitting drinking. And now, even though I'm staying in town, it feels good to have a nice long weekend ahead. Day 14, here I come!

Comment

Newbies Nest

How Day 10 Became Day 1

Hello Nesters...I probably don't need to tell you that I've been MIA from the nest because I fell off the wagon and hard. Days 8 and 9 were super stressful and LONG... 12 hours one day and 13 the next, and on the 9th day my car was acting up and when I was FINALLY done with work I had to get my car car charged 3x just to make it home which took nearly an hour an a half and the thought came...I "deserve" a beer (or I need a beer, or want a beer...anyway, I had the thought!) and I did not even fight it, I just went to the store, got some beer and drank them until I was drunk. I then had 4 AF days during the next week, then drank again for a few days. Now back on day 4 again.
                      The good thing was that I did make it through 8 days without a drink and that's the longest I've been in about three years.
                      Where I went really wrong was in not having a good plan - not only was I not following the 4 parts of MWO - no hypnotherapy and no meds, I didn't have a plan for what to do when the urge came - so I simply caved into the craving.
                      I did see my doctor two days ago and he will not prescribe off-label, even though he is a DO, but referred me to a psych who treats addiction and when I called them they said they would not do it either.
                      Yesterday, before going to work, I ordered my CD's and ordered Topomax online. I plan on hanging around in here alot for the next ten days, waiting on the other components of my plan to arrive. I do plan on not using the missing parts as an excuse, and I will come here and read and post should I get the urge in the meantime.
                      It took me 3 hours to read all the nest posts from where I left off 2 weeks ago. It's wonderful to have this site and all the support from both the newbies and the long-termers.
                      There is just so many things to experience and enjoy in life, I don't want to just piddle away 4 or 5 hours every day on sitting around getting stupid and fat anymore. My family deserves better, I deserve better.
                      Thanks for listening - I had to share. LuvY'all!
                      -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Greetings FlyAway, RemorseBeGone & Clockwatcher! Congrats to all of you for your successful AF time. It' the best, isn't it?

Hello & welcome Mandy! Glad you found us
                        Good for you deciding to take control of your life now & congrats on your 8 AF days!
                        It's true, when we get honest with ourselves our goals become attainable! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Clover, awesome work on 14 AF days - sounds great to me

Great to see you again gregorino! Sorry you fell out of the Nest but use that as a learning experience & move on, OK? Arm yourself with a solid plan......use the ideas in the tool box! That & the Hypno CDs did it for me I didn't use any meds myself, I tend to have side effects with most anything I take & didn't want to deal with that. The CDs really, really helped me so much. Learning to relax without AL is big! Changing your thinking about AL is big! Use the Nest belts provided here & post everyday - especially if the stinking thinking start again, OK ? Congrats on your 4 AF days!

AL will not be a part of my life today _ I have to much to do
                        I love my freedom & my guilt-free days!
                        Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav - You Rock!
                          -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

clover....congrats on 14 days. I remember that moment. never thought I could do it but I made it!

mandy, your fatigue is your body being able to rest after having spent so much time working like crazy to process and get rid of alcohol toxins from your system. let your body rest....it gets better.

always good to hear from you Lavande...so faithful in posting, so full of encouragement and wisdom.

getting ready for another day AF ---- so much to do with a clear head and energy!

peace and best wishes

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clover... Amazing job hitting two weeks! I am proud of you!

Enough!

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in with the rest of the group... Today is lucky 13 for me and staying strong after a super challenging few days!

Best to everyone,
                                Enough!
                                Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X