Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome Sunny...I recognize your pretty face! AL is a b___ buster isn't it....I swear, it makes me so mad to know what it does to people. But here we are...all we can do is make the best of this day.
    Boozer, so proud of you for 4 big days!!! You are da bomb!!! Keep up the most excellent work.
    Strength to all, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for the warm welcome back, birdlings
      Congrats on day 4, Boozer!!! In the early days that was one of my toughest one to conquer!
      Welcome, fun2run... make yourself at home here... read, post, ask questions, vent.. and repeat
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks to all

Thank you all for your support! I am eager to get myself sorted. There was a delivery today that I can pick up tomorrow - hoping its the CDs etc. Hubby leaves Thursday nite - the subliminal CD would make him crazy if he were here - so I will have some time with it before he returns.

:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

All I can say is I messed up! Again! Just finished an hour ago.... poured last of wine down sink. Pissed off with ME! What more can I say........
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chin up, daisy :l
            I did, too.. last Saturday.
            Let's pick ourselves up and revise our plan. Chuck what hasn't worked and put in place new measures. We CAN and WILL succeed, this time!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

What happened daisy? What made you decide to drink again?
              We need to examine our triggers & plan ahead to keep from repeating the same old patterns. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

boozer, very nice work - 4 days AF!

Byrdie - you have to help me keep an eye on Sunni......she gets away from time to time but I'm happy to have her back today

ImHereNow, I loved the CDs, think they helped rewire my wine soaked brain. Push yourself to use them as instructed & see what happens

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - use the nest belts & butt velcro!!!!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have made a decision to mod for now.

I have got past the withdrawl and seem to be OK with drinking 2x/week. This is about the rate when my blood pressure dropped, and that was my main goal.

If this fails I will likely be back. But, for now this is my decision.

Ellen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, I know where I went wrong. I have CDs and supplements, but wasn't using them. I felt like I was on a roll. Done so well because I was so determined. I missed out on 2 days exercise and could feel things slipping right there. I need my fitness fix.
                  Out of the blue, someone suggested alcohol and away I went. Not only did I buy wine, but was mad enough to drink a bottle then go out at midnight to the pub. I have no recollection of any time there past the first hour - don't know how I got home. I was with family but don't want to ask for fear of what they might say. So I am just waiting for time to pass so I can put it behind me. I went on to drink on Sunday and Monday night.
                  I was so happy last week and proud of myself. AND I am sick, sick, sick of having to come back here time and time again and have to admit I messed up.
                  Part of my problem as well, is that everyone around me drinks too much as well and are forever telling me I'm ok, I worry too much, don't have a problem.......
                  I know I do so I have to be stronger and stop using what they say as an excuse.
                  The CDs are coming out today, and vitamins and L-glut. I will do 50 lengths at lunchtime. So here I go again.......and thank you all for just listening and being there.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rise and shine Nestlings!

Good Tuesday morning, fluffy ones.
                    Daisy, so glad you're getting back on track. And apparently, you've learned something very valuable... namely what exactly derailed you. That's huge. So be on the lookout the next time!

TxEllen... I wish you much success. Let us know how you get on with modding... have you hopped over to the Mods section of the board yet? There are a few real success stories!

Hello to Lav, Byrdie, Boozer, and all to follow :hallo:
                    Let's make it a great day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Raining over my portion of the nest - oh well!

Ellen, have you read the MWO book?
                      There's info in it about why you should gather some good AF time (30 days) before you try drinking moderately. Think about that please, wishing you well.

daisy, it is hard to be around heavy drinkers when you're trying to stop. Is there any way you can avoid them for a while until you get stronger in your commitment? Glad to hear you've thought thru what happened & have revised you plan

Hello Sunni, hope you are well today? How's your biz going? Mine is still quite slow but I've been making myself useful babysitting & that's a lot more fun

Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday! Where's greg??

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Lav

Business is picking up again.. as it does every year around this time. Kinda hard to get back into the swing of things after pretty much having been lolligagging around all summer! :H

I will hopefully go see grand baby #2 (KTAB suggested Hazelnut!) on Thursday and Peanut will be here for our Thanksgiving in 2 weeks

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, Everyone! It's been a while since I checked in, but amazingly enough, things are going well. I finally took a look at the calendar and counted my AF days - today is 74! Incredible. The strange thing is that the last couple of months have been very, very stressful and lots of crazy sh*t has happened. I just feel so fortunate that I did not drink through any of it. Life doesn't get any easier, that's for sure; but it gets a whole lot better! Of course, the usual benefits are no hangovers, no missed work, no blackouts, etc. But one of the nicest and most unexpected things is that I am not depressed anymore! Oh, I have my anxious moments, my worrisome situations, my sad times .... but not that deep, oppressive, black depression. That was probably a matter of just getting the damned chemical/depressant know as alcohol out of my system. Anyway, I am very grateful to everyone here and I will try to post more often. I do check in every day and read, but have gotten lazy about posting. I wish you all a very nice sober evening!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clover, really well done! So pleased for you.
                            Hot on your heels on Day 1!!! Haha! I wish...........

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunni, I didn't realize you have a 2nd grandbaby - congrats granny :H
                              It was totally unplanned but all 3 of mine ended up here today & they were all in bad moods :H
                              I should be wtaching the 2 boys right now but the oldest was carrying on so bad my DIL decided to skip her Karate class tonight He's just started a pre-nursery school (one day/week) & I think iy has him ramped up!

Clover great to see you & congrats on your 74 AF days :yay:
                              You're right, life does not get easier but navigating through it with a clear head is the way to go

daisy, hope your day went well!!!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awesome job, Clover!!!!!! You sound good and strong!

Lav, Peanut is rather cranky these days, too... poor lil munchkin got 2 teeth and then nothing for over 6 months.. now, they're all coming in at once.

Well, I better head into the tub... 90% of the dirt I got off my horse I somehow managed to get on me I look like a chimney sweep! :H However, I had a great lesson and I'm right knackered out now. Bath, cup of tea, and maybe some TV in bed... that's it, that's all for me tonight!

Night night, Nestlings... sleep tight and don't fall off yer perches!

Comment

Working...
                                X