X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Rained heavily overnight, woke up to temps in the 40's -
    Hoping to see a little sunshine at some point!

4me - where there's chickens there's tons of chicken poop - no getting around that :H
    I have up to 30 of them at any given time & they happily reside in an Amish built shed which has a hatch door installed so they can go in & out when they want into their fenced yard. Lots of predators in the area so I can't let them roam loose. I have 4 nest boxes installed inside for easy egg removal.

Barbara, congrats to your on your continued success! See? I told you the CDs work :H

Daisy, thinking of you :l
    Just keep trying because you deserve the freedom & happiness of an AF life too!

Windy, this absolutely is the right place
    The blue eggs are exactly the same on the inside ~ only the shell color is different. Some people like getting them & others are freaked out at the thought......

mylife, enjoy the cool air - I love it after such a long, hot summer!
    The CDs are priceless, aren't they??
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

I haven't posted in awhile but have continued to read the older and new posts to keep up.

I hope everyone having AF weekend. I am sorting through clothing I have in 4-5 garbage bags, everything from casual to formal wear, sizes 8 to 16! It is amazingly cathartic and is cleaning out my space too

I made it past my birthday last week sober, and had a few nice dinners with friends and family. I can't say how much it means to me to have an AF bday.

Congrats on all your successes, too many to list right now. We can do this, we are doing this!

Lav, the chickens are cute, I would love the blue eggs!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav!! You and those chickens!!...I'd love to see you in action with 'the girls'!! I'm sorry, I'd be one of the folks with issues about the blue eggs. They ARE lovely to look at tho! What a statement amongst the brown ones.
        Barbara! I wondered where you flew off to! So glad to see that success followed you out of the nest and into the world. Fly in often...you make me smile!
        Windy, thank you for the kind words. I, too, would have loved to keep a journal but I come from a mother who read all my stuff, listened on my phone calls and generally peeped into every private corner I tried to have. So I have issues (see above). However, I testify on this forum quite frequently... and when I'm having a challenging day or feeling sorry for myself, I go back and read my own posts. They help me help myself!! It's nuts!! I sometimes think, gosh, that's good advice! Duh! But it's like I'm giving it to me??? So this forum does more than just day to day, 'getting stuff off your chest'...it's actual therapy, at least for me. Maybe I will listen to someone who has walked in my shoes....ME! I wish I'd kicked myself in the tailfeathers early on, and I'd have saved myself a whole lotta trouble. Oh well. But I'm here today, and so are you. That's all I need, is to get thru this day.
        My married name is Byrd ....some people at work call me Byrdlady...(I'm a girl) I do love birds, but am just a 'hack' at watching them. I know some are red and some are blue and that's as far as it goes!!! I am fascinated when I take the time to watch them tho. During the last tropical storm we had, Irene, I wondered where the birds go during such awful winds and rain...where do they hunker down and protect themselves and their families...I should google that. If you take the time to really look at anything...even ants, you can find beauty and admire them for using what they have and do. (unless said ants are in your kitchen, or worse, in your cookies!!).
        It has been a beautiful day in this part of the nest today!! We are in for a string of them, according to the weatherman. Lav, I hope you get some of it where you are. Your end of the nest has gotten a sorry deal the past 6 months. You and the girls should move south!!! Bah!
        Peace of mind to all today!! xo, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Today & Happy belated birthday! AF birthdays, holidays, anydays really rock :H

Byrdie, my pretty chickens are really stinky when they get wet :H
          30" of rain here during August & September is ENOUGH!!!
          Honestly, there is mildew growing on the screen doors, etc - yuck

It down to 46 degrees & it's only 7 pm. Something is changing around here but it still rained today.
          If I show upi at your house with the 'girls' can we stay for a few days? :H
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well it was a gorgeous day in my corner of the world. I was outside all day with my husband walking through the marina - having fish and chips and just enjoying the glorious weather.

I think it was in the 50's here this morning Lav, but as you said after a long hot summer I was loving it!

Hope you all have a fantastic evening. So far no cravings here - maybe those hypno CD's are working and maybe it's the shot - who knows, but I'll take it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

what a beautiful surprise to have a blue egg in a bowl of brown ones! Thanks for the smile.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! Well, I have sucessfully completed my first totally AF weeked in I don't know how long! It has been the best weekend in forever as well. Nothing unusual, my grandaughter soccer game, work, church and shopping for the work week. It's amazing how a normal weekend can be so much more joyful without AL. Onward and upward!

Lav, love the blue egg, one of natures miracles. My husband and I were just talking about that this morning, what a miracle it is that a living bird comes from those eggs. We were having that as we discussion as we were eating our eggs, sorry chickens.

Today, congrats on your AF birthday.

Windy, Gardengal, IHN, Daisy, Byrdie, Life and anyone I missed, Happy Sunday!

Hope everyone is well and having a good weekend!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow!

What a great bunch on Newbies......doing so well!
                  That just make the Nest Mums proud

Daisy, hope to hear from you soon :l
                  Come back & join us, we'll all help!

I have a busy week ahead so I should think about getting some sleep. Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats, 4me!!!! Glad you enjoyed your first AF weekend

Hello Nestlings... and good night! :H
                    The weather was great today (that's code for 'I was working on the barn all day') and now I am pooped and ready for bed

Hope you all enjoyed a wonderful AF weekend (I sure did!).

Night night!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, I haven't been here in months but it's good to be back and see many of the same people. I haven't done horrible but I haven't stayed sober either. I believe it is getting harder to stay sober. I'm not sure what I should do or how to stop drinking completely. Ugh
                      :hitme:
                      Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mimi - WELCOME BACK!

I remember you and we missed you! I too had a stretch of being MIA from MWO and was welcomed back with open arms. We will all help you get back on track and while you say you haven't been done horrible, that means there must have been some improvement right? I myself cannot moderate so getting al the AL out of the house is so very important for me to fight this damn battle. Hang in there and please stick around - you are in good company
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Monday morning Nesters!

Waiting for some sun to take the chill off

Sunni, I am praying for you & your barn :H

mimi, glad to see you back!
                          Don't waste anymore time.........sounds like drinking is not making you happy so why continue?
                          Get your plan out, make some revisions, get all the wine out of your house, give yourself a fighting chance :l

Jolie, hope to hear about your weekend

I have to get right to work, there's no room in my life for AL today
                          Wishing everyone a great AFMonday.

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Another chilly, rainy day here. Ugh. The sun came out for a few seconds yesterday, and I felt my spirits soar.

Made it another day AF. It's so nice to wake up feeling good, even though daily details are sometimes enough to put one in a foul mood.

Busy weekend, but my house is clean, laundry's done, and paperwork is caught up. Today is the dr and car appts. One day I WILL have day to myself.

Need to get back to seeing to my elderly peeps, too. Things to do for them.

Ah, life.

My best to everyone!:l
                            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters, HAPPY MONDAY! It's going to be a beautiful day here in CA. I think the heat wave may finally be over. 83 degrees here today, a real cool wave for us. I love fall here, even though it is short lived. I am sending all you rainy nesters some warm sunshine vibes! Hope you get dried out soon!

Mimi, Welcome Back!

Have a great day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Doggoneit! I was posting and stepped back for reference and LOST IT!
                                Mimi....I was replying to your note. You've been here a while, like I have. I guess there's just one question to ask yourself....are you ready to be sober from here on out? I tried the moderating thing until I was blue in the face (ALMOST LITERALLY). God knows I gave it an honest shot (actually, several hundred shots). Most of us have....you are either sober or you are not. I've said in the past, it's like trying to be a moderate child molester....(being a moderate alcoholic). If you have reached the place where there's no where else to go and are ready to commit to quit drinking...it isn't a scary place...it's the best place you could be. To give up that crazy 'hope' that you can be 'one of the lucky ones' and realize once and for all, that AL has no place in your healthy life...is the best start you can have. I'm going on 10 months sober, and if I can do it you can do it. I'm closing in on a whole year!!! I drank heavy for 25 years, half my life...and nobody hates a lifestyle change more than I do. But it's the best thing I've ever done for myself, my husband and everything I've work so hard for all these years. I was on the brink of losing it all. ALL!! Never give up...as long as you have a breath left, never give up. You CAN DO THIS....all you gotta do is get thru this day. Holler out, if you need us. Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X