Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey All, some really good postings over the weekend! So happy to see the successes!
    TexE, It was I who posted about liver readings. As I was coming up to the end of my drinking career, I was drinking at least a bottle and a half per night..a little more when I could....if I had some in my cup right before I went to bed, I gulped it down. I wonder why I did that??? It was like I was pushing myself beyond the limits?? I can't even explain it, I knew I was about to go to bed, why'd I drink it? Not like I was going to enjoy the buzz....AL is just wicked that way I guess. So I hope that helps..I honestly don't see how a body could drink more than that....cause I tried.

I was doing some reading over the posts this weekend. On some of them, not only here but in other threads on this site, (I only post here) I hear the resignation in people's voices....the fear of starting something without our best friend...the loss and sense of hopelessness in their voices. May I post this to YOU....look at me. You don't have anything to be afraid of...from this day forward you are going to do better than you have done in years and years! YOU ARE NOT GIVING UP ANYTHING, you are GETTING something back that cannot be measured!! You are getting your SELF back. And you will be surprised who this person is....You can face the truth...you can TELL the truth, you can cope and make decisions. You are going to really like this person I promise. AL blinds us to everything and everybody. Your fear is understandable, and I was scared too, but you take the first steps without that bastard AL you will just see just what a wonderful person was hiding inside you. So if I could have talked to someone in those very early days when I was on here...I would have told them I was scared to be on my own...and it would have meant the world if someone could have looked me in the eyes and said, don't be afraid, it is the best thing you will ever do...and the more you do it, the stronger you will be and the better you will get. Every single day you can put between you and AL is a GOOD day. You are getting much more than you are giving up. I promise! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello again folks, back after a lapse at the weekend, got 6 days under my belt last week but failed to have any AF days since so today is day 1 again :blush: onward and upward...
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie...Byrdie...Byrdie.. I could feel you looking me right in the eyes. What a great post. It ALMOST made me cry.

Mauri -- Onward and upward!!!! Every day is a new day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon all!

The sun finally showed up & it's quite nice out now

lolab & windy - I too had to figure out who I was going to be as a non-drinking, non-smoking adult & at the age of 50+ it seems like a scarey experience but in reality it was really a very cool experience. You can be whoever you want to be now. A totally free, calmer, healthier adult with extra $$ in your pocket I was just stepping into my new role as a grandma so the timimg for me was just perfect! I have complete access to my grandkids (which I certainly wouldn't have had) & I get to spoil them with my extra $$. Ideal situation all the way around!

MtnMomma, you must be nearer the west coast as there is no snow over this side of the country. Hope you have a fun day & congrats on your progress!

Byrdie, I now only push the limits in my exercise class

Mauri, what are you going to do differently this week to prevent another fall from the Nest?
          You really don't want to keep repeating the same pattern, you want to move forward, right? Let us know how you are going to improve your plan.

Speaking of grandkids I was called for emergency babysitting this morning so I'm just now getting to my work at 2 pm I think it's going to be a long day.....
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I don't know what plans to make, my head is so all over the place atm I can't think straight, feeling hopeless and helpless again (but not drinking) :upset:
            Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

You've got the a case of the twins: Hopeless and Helpless. They are a sorry bunch to deal with.
              I have a post #12,852...Greg calls it my "I have a Plan" speech. But you know what?? You KNOW what to do...you've done it. You can do it again...You've got to get control of your mind and stop it from taking you down the rabbit hole, NO MATTER WHAT. As soon as that thinking starts, STOP it! STOP it...or it will continue on down the path and take you down the hole. Am I right? You don't have to think of never drinking again...that's not the mindset today. Just get your head around "I am not going to let this bastard win today". No one can make you drink. It is your WILL and yours alone. Get your head into it...if you are like most of the rest of us, you are in the fight of your life. You can do this...you have done it...you just need to keep doing it. Now get yourself up and dust yourself off...I'm going to be up on your right shoulder...I will be right there for you...to say HELL NO! Let's leave this pity party (we've all stayed long enough) and get this show underway. Shall we? Byrdie
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Neters, Byrdie and Lav you guys are the strong twigs that hold the nest together! I have made so much more progress on this thread,its a great way for Newbies to get started. I dont think about what AF day I am on,but every now and then I look back to see how far I have come. About 12 mths agoI used to drink 1 to 1.5 bottles of wine a day.I have been able to gradually reduce it to 1 to 2 bottles a week. In the last 10 days I have had 1 bottle celebrating a family success! For me,its about having a plan when AL comes knocking and spend lots of time on MWO. Its a learning process, cant wait to get ""kick the drink"" book. I try to build on the good wonderful AF days and not get to hungup on a slips. If you are stringing together more and more AF days over a period of time then surely the cravings must start and subside to the point where you can say "that it my friend,enough,no more, now I am going to destroyyou forever! Its a nice day here,sun shining and I am so looking fwd to a great day. Hope everyone in the nest is kicking goals.:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters, Byrdie and Lav you guys are the strong twigs that hold the nest together! I have made so much more progress on this thread,its a great way for Newbies to get started. I dont think about what AF day I am on,but every now and then I look back to see how far I have come. About 12 mths agoI used to drink 1 to 1.5 bottles of wine a day.I have been able to gradually reduce it to 1 to 2 bottles a week. In the last 10 days I have had 1 bottle celebrating a family success! For me,its about having a plan when AL comes knocking and spend lots of time on MWO. Its a learning process, cant wait to get ""kick the drink"" book. I try to build on the good wonderful AF days and not get to hungup on a slips. If you are stringing together more and more AF days over a period of time then surely the cravings must start and subside to the point where you can say "that it my friend,enough,no more, now I am going to destroyyou forever! Its a nice day here,sun shining and I am so looking fwd to a great day. Hope everyone in the nest is kicking goals.:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whooooops!!!!:H:H:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Boozer, you made it a double!!! ehehe..
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah, To inpatient to read what the PC is telling me HA HA!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey did you guys ever figure out the two windows thing???
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Um...no....it ain't workin for me! The flying window to the left...and the pointy thing over by the question mark, right? It doesn't do anything at all.
                            Signed, Lost in Space
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, not sure what you guys are talking about......
                              if you minimize the screen you are looking at you can open another browser or as many as you like.
                              I do that all the time if I want to refer back & forth......
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, LoLab says you can do window in a window...which sounds even cooler than minimizing...she instructed us to hit the windows button at the bottom and at the same time the little sideways v's (< and >) but mine doesn't do anything when i do that.
                                By the way, I USED to TRY and sell my beaded jewelry. I am a salesperson by trade, so I thought it'd be easy to sell my stuff....but I'm too emotionally connected to it to let it go....some pieces, sure. But it really chaps my hide when somebody says, can you redo this and make it longer/shorter/brighter/darker/cheaper??? Well, NO, I can't. It is what it is! I couldn't take it! You really cannot please everyone sometimes you can't please anyone! I sat under those tents at festivals til I was blue in the face. I just do it now for me...oh, and for friends. If you have a picture of something, odds are pretty good I can reproduce it. I think you said your daughters bead...so I'm sure you all know how personal it can get! I'm a recreational beader now...and that works for me. Hope you had a clear sunny day!!! xo, Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X