Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Playland, it's great that you are sticking with us. You'll know when you are ready to go AF but it helps to come here anyways to get aquainted with everyone and learn as well as share your experiences. Best of luck through the holiday week and keep us posted with how you're doing!
    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
    :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Blond, yes I am nestling in for the duration, and yes it does help so much reading about what other people are going thru, I've just felt really "alone" until now. The most interesting thing is that I just read something on another thread that I so connected with and tried to give some encouragement, it was nice to feel that I had something to offer. I'll be thinking of everyone this holiday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters

This looks like a good spot.

I am going to make today my sober day ...stick to it. 1 is at least better than 0 sober days so far!

21/11/2011 is my sobriety day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well said sobafun, I'll join you soon.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nestlings!
            Soba, yesterday is my new date too.
            I did 30 days and then toyed with modding. I don't like modding and would rather be drunk! And I got plenty drunk. It just didn't work for me, as so many of us have found.
            So I'm back in the Nest with my supps and a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving season!
            Day 1 done.
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes. I also toyed with moding after 2 years of abstinence...and I really had a few months of hell. Its been awful...to keep trying again and fail again.
              So for a happy healthy future....less guilt...more energy...
              Soba

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Soba & Inthelight (makes it sound like I've been around here forever, I haven't). I found it helps not to think you are giving up for good, but just getting through today with no AL. At times I've said 'I'm going to get through the next 15 minutes'. It helps, it really does. And I promise it gets easier. You're in great company. Thanks to all you fabulous people, you are literally saving my life. One of my biggest motivations is that I'll come out of this stronger & be able to help other people living the same nightmare out the other side.
                AL free since 24 October 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters. Had a al weekend. 4 glasses Sat night and 4 last night with a good measure if vodka. Dont want it to be a regular thing so back to D1 for me. Off out to a girls day in the spa and dinner so hopin I am AL free tonight. Am on iPhone so excse typos. Vale book will be waiting at home if amazon have delivered. Lol. Looking forward to getting into the book and adding to my motivation. Um trying to not beat myself up about my weekend slip. I really wanted to have a drink with my sister. But I noticed she can stop at two and not ve bothered whereas I'm already thinkinb about the next one. Of course i moderates for my normal standard this weekend but I want be indifferent to AL. Heres to D1. I'm sorry I've not had a chance to read past posts!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya all
                    Well it was a Al weekend too, I hadn't planned it, in fact I had pulled out of a social event on Friday night because I didn't want to be tempted... Well the dunb thing was I went out and bought a bottle of wine anyway and drank it alone??? Madness I know!! I had 4 AF days last week, 4 the week before and 3 the week before that

After 1 750ml bottle of red on Friday night, I felt OK on Saturday.. no hangover, a bit fuzzy but nothing too untoward. If I had knocked it on the head then it would have been ok but I didnt.. Saturday and Sunday were the same and today (Monday) I felt hungover and shaky.....
                    So back to Day 1 and will plan something for the weekend that will help me avoid the temptation.

So silly.. I was starting to feel really good last week

Take Care all and keep punching that fist in the air

Patrice

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 11 AF!

Hi there!

MinStar - you got me worried...Are you ok? I admire how you handle AF and baby + partner. I watched mine for 5 days in a row and thought I was going crazy!! Very happy to leave them with their dad for a few nights....

Sobufun & Nursie - Would like to know how your day 1 went & welcome!

Inthelight - I should've kept hangover diaries....on day 11 you tend to forget!! Know it is stupid, but my booze brain says "You'll be more patient with the kidz if you drink & You'll have more in common with your loved ones if you drink..."

I'm still going strong. Just not feeling as great. Also had a sleepless night like Herbie...

Playland - I said it for the past 3 years "I WILL quit drinking and smoking, but I am not there yet." I read one of Mario's threads where he explains the stages of alcoholism. I now realize that I was in stage 1 for a very long time and then rapidly progressed into stage 2 and soon after to stage 3 as the stress in my life suddenly increased. And it is only in stage 3 where I could feel myself slipping, that I seriously considered quitting and reaching out for help. It scares me to think that one is so far gone in a disease process before you realise it. I just want to inspire you to make the change sooner rather than later. I laugh my head off for some of these member's drunken stories....but we all know the hell to LIVE it!!

Lav - I am trying to clean out my part of the nest too...I have to get rid of all these bags of chips and liters of sweet soft drinks!! Thought my wine belly would be smaller by now, but its BIGGER! Just haven't stop eating...

Today I'll be stronger tahn AL!!:groupluv:
                      12-20-2012 AF
                      Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Steady Hands

Really like your name.. mine were less than steady today!! Good on you for day 11!!
                        And good on everyone else.. I'll be reading a lot tonight after my abysmal weekend back on the sauce

Patrice

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Just wanted to get the US east coast portion of the nest open for business

Hello & welcome back nursie! wondered what happened to you, glad you decided to come back

Congrats & welcome to a new week for those of you who stayed put in the nest!
                          Just a note to the serial slippers - it isn't going to get any easier. I've read each attempt to quit gets harder & harder so please give that some thought as you go through your day.

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Monday

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning!!
                            Thanks for asking how our first day was, Steady.
                            I was hung over with all the usual emotions. I was sick and shaky but I still went to church. I don't know if my family knows how drunk I was the night before. I wish I could be indifferent to alcohol too, an I think I was for maybe a day. So that gave me Tremendous encouragement to continue trying to drink normally and fool myself.

I slept horribly last night and I have a long day at work today.
                            I am relieved that I woke up not hungover and I don't have to do this to myself anymore.
                            It is truly insane, truly dangerous, and this insidious bitch Al has no place in my life anymore.

How is my partner Soba today?
                            Day 1 again 11/5/19
                            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone - the middle of the US is up and reporting for duty!

I am going to pre-warn everyone that I am going to be fragile today. There is crapola with the Ex coming to a head, an issue with the SO that I think is a sleep deprived fit of pique last night but he can be stubborn so maybe not - which given the content would normally send me to a bottle.

Plus - I may find out about the job today. And if I don't - it's just another day of agony.

Soooooooo - pretty much today is my biggest test of my will since I started. I cried a lot before I took some GABA to settle my nerves before bed (checked to see what was ok to use in in patient treatment centers for meltdowns and stayed under that) and played my new custom hypnos all night. Every time the voices stopped and it went to sleep learning - I went from Clearing to Hypno and then back to Clearing.

So - lack of solid sleep isn't going to help.

Today - to make it through this crap - without diving into Merlot/MALBEC which would be the normal response- I may need your help. I'll post as stuff changes and I am processing what's in front of me.

I appreciate whatever support you are able to eake out.

Tempted to just cry all over again.
                              That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                              Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                              AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin' all!

Lav-I'll join you in opening the East Coast part of the nest today...lol. You beat me to it lady! Slept very soundly and guess what, I had a dream that I was at Thanksgiving and made it through SOBER. Everyone else was drinking and making a fool out of themselves (especially my mother) and I stayed sober throughout the evening. In the end, I was like, wow, I didn't drink. So it seemed as though I were teetering back and forth whether or not I was going to take a drink but it was all over and I didn't. So that makes me feel good this morning.

Welcome Nurse and Inthelight and Soba! Glad to have you in the nest. Reach for that butt velcro and Nest straps when you need them...we have plenty to go around. Just stick with us!

I've read through the threads of those of you who "went back to the sauce" as Patrice put it. I am glad you found your way back here sooner than later and are having a good day beginning day one. As Lav said, it does getter harder to stay clean the more you slip, coming from experience myself. I had one hell of a time doing it this summer and just gave up for a while. Then something sparked in me 20 days ago and I am back on board for the long term. Being drunk scares me now...really. I used to think how nice it would be to get a good buzz, but it really F's up the way you think in no time and I so enjoy having a clear head that I don't want to jinx that. I think a hangover diary as one poster mentioned would be a great idea because we do tend to forget what brought us here in the first place. Remember...Fast Forward to Hangover. Remember how hard it is to start over. Remember how bad it is for your body, even just 2 drinks! Be well and be strong everyone!

Steady-I am very impressed with your progress...you sound so positive and strong. Hope the nights get more restful for you...hang in there....it does get better. Meanwhile, congrats on your 11 Days, that is awesome!

Herbie and Nollie, well done for you too! Keep racking up those AF days. Speaking of which...I'm at 20 today, whoo hooo!

Have a wonderful, safe and healthy day everyone. Be good to yourself!
                                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                                :h

Comment

Working...
                                X