Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Andrew from Ireland;1241775 wrote: Hi folks, Day 9 here...all going well. I did something different at the end of the last binge which I think is helping me this time - I left my empties in the wardrobe instead of throwing them away so I see them everytime I open it up and the sight of all those bottles, most full of horrible piles of cigarettes and ash, revolt me enough to just give me an extra little bit of a reminder of why I quit drinking! I think I need that because I'm feeling so good now, healthy and strong and "normal" that I've caught myself thinking about drinking almost absent-mindedly. Just the last few days. As many have said...gotta keep on our toes.

Greetings to all here, take care and stay strong.
    Hello All! Andrew, I have to agree keeping the memory fresh can be really important for maintaining sobriety. A friend of mine kept all the receipts from a horrible night of drinking in her jewelry box next to her wedding rings for a year to maintain her sobriety. It's easy to get lulled back into thinking it's okay to drink after a period of not.

Jolie - good to see you back! I'm finishing Day 9 today.

Hope everyone has a great AF evening.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello all

Belle I am around I just haven't posted as I embarrassed myself so much the other night vomiting my troubles all over the place... I was just so upset and just spilled it out... I normally would keep this all to myself... So to all thank you for your kind words and support/advise but I am so sorry for the dump...

Been working on taxes today plus other things... lots of work to do, and it is much easier without a hangover... so thanks to all at MWO for helping me stay AF

Thinking of you Unwasted. My dad was so special to me and I was able to see him almost once a month for several days at a time in the last year of his life, and I was there when he passed...he is always in heart

Congrats Byrdie on the 1700th post

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day one today. After continuous struggles over the past year I am back. I have had a good year in comparison to how things were before MWO but after each fall from the wagon the times in between have been getting shorter and I have to say I never quite got to the stage I am now at. I haven't done anything too shameful, but slowly digressed into my old life - so much so that I have rebuilt the tolerance to alcohol where the hangovers weren't so bad. Now because I have seen what AF looks like and feels like I am well aware of the poisoning that is taking place. I really don't look or feel great but I can handle that as I know that will change again as each AF day comes my way.
        I think maybe I had to get to this point again to remind me why I first came here and how desperate I was.......
        Enough said, here I go again...
        And, hello to you all. I will take the time to catch up in the next few days. Wishing you all the best.
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unwasted, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

K9Lover, I'm happy for you that you are quitting smoking!

I will be splitting my online time this month between here and a distance learning course about finding purpose in life. This is part of my plan to improve as a person. I will still try to check in and read here as much as possible!
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good luck with the latest challenge K9 - giving up the cig's too!
            Well done to all others chalking up the days.
            I am hanging in, but feeling different - different emotions, different feelings, different everything - I suppose it is to be expected after continual drinking after 30 years. I feel I am turning a corner, but no idea what the road ahead looks like - somewhat apprehensive - still committed to be AF, but wondering what that really looks like. I know it will be better, but change is always unsettling - and this is really a big change for all of us isn't it?
            42 days today I think...and so much new - divorce papers with the final date shoudl be home soon, starting to hear from teh IRS on my tax situation - one demand for $21,000 down to $4,000 supposedly, need the next one down. Put offer on a house today - hoping it is accepted. Maybe all will be sorted by the time I turn 50 later this year!
            UW - posted a message on your Jammin' thread - hope all is going smoothly for you and your dad...it is sad that things that cause us so much joy, gives us so much pain, but without love there is not loss.....ensure you take good care..of you!
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Glad to see you mylife & daisy! Stick around

Congrats Andrew, keep doing whatever you have to do
              Congrats to everyone while I'm at it!!!!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest! Dodged the snow where, nice!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Tuesday nesters, Im new to the nest, seems nice and cosy in here.
                I'm on day 4 of AF and this site has helped loads, i hear theres a hot tub here, or jacuzzi ? I have my towel just direct me to the bubbles, lol
                I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Newbies Nest

Piper, I feel like that all the time. I am always around drinkers living in a big city, always invited out, am single and have drinkers at home too. but I know I cant and I proved that also recently! its a weird thing inside I guess we are just unlucky if drinking is supossed to be lucky lol! get that nice swim in.

Lavande - i love ur chicken avatar, she looks like a lot of fun and wise too!

Windy - boy that is exactly where I lost it, i wnated the whole bottle, one is never enough, it feels worse to have one, and that has to mean none! yuck!

Unwasted - i hope ur time with your dad is really nice and you are having a good day.

MWO lady, good for you on getting thru a whole week and esp. a weekend

well done on the cigs issue K9 - good luck

Go steady hands! Yahoo, 60 days is awesome

And I hear you Byrd and K9 ? how great it is to go out at night and do normal stuff, like I went ot the market at 9pm, wow, for me that?s a never IN YEARS!

Herbie- That?s so OK about needing help, everyone does, don?t feel bad!

Belle ? the wine in cooking sounds dangerous, have you ever used verjuice/verjus? I find it works just as well, its like a vinegary grapejuice, sounds horrible but cooks deliciously like wine

Good advice IRIE

Pinecone - good job on the course, sounds enriching

Welcome back daisy!

Best wishes to all in this nest! And thank you
                  45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
                  New day 1- 9 January !
                  Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nest!!

I'm so impressed with people like Australia who can list and respond to everyone in this busy nest!! :goodjob:

I also just posted on another thread that I'm so impressed with those of you who are currently (K9!) or have already given up nicotine. I've heard it's one of the hardest addictions and I'm so grateful every day that I somehow avoided that one.

My husband and I met a guy over the weekend who does bike (bicycle) races around the US - and usually wins! He said he bikes 70 - 100 miles a day. I thought to myself at the time - well there's a healthy addiction! :H I wish I'd found that one instead!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day in the nest. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

my life- a healthy addiction would be nice!!! I was trying to get hooked on water, but instead its turned out to be TV! lol
                      45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
                      New day 1- 9 January !
                      Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

Australia;1241968 wrote: my life- a healthy addiction would be nice!!! I was trying to get hooked on water, but instead its turned out to be TV! lol
                        :H:H Unfortunately I can relate to that one, too! :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!
                          Day 2 of no more moderating. No more kidding myself. Just no more.
                          Happy to see everyone.
                          Does the nest have massage therapy too? I feel achy and sore. Maybe I will take a dip in the hot tub with you guys over there.
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie;1241999 wrote: Morning Nesters!
                            Day 2 of no more moderating. No more kidding myself. Just no more.
                            Nursie, my feelings exactly. With you on day 2. Today I have decided to go the whole hog and quit smoking. 3 cigs left and then Go Go Go!!!

Starting to feel a little better today after my gross over-indulgence, but thankfully feel stronger and more determined than I have been in a long time. I am not trying to stop drinking; I just don't drink because I love life without it too much.....
                            Positivity, positivity, positivity........

Hope you are all feeling good today. I am just so happy to be back!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just starting

First post for me. On day 10 and can't believe it. Have not gone 2 consecutive dyas without a drink since 1977 and had reached the 2 bottle a day stage, so this site is a potential life save for me. Happy New Year to you all

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good on you Minniemoo. You have made a great start!

Comment

Working...
                                X