• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Sunny but very chilly in my portion of the nest today

Hello & welcome to stella, VS & Rups!
    (Just thought I'd mention th echicken in my picture is named Stella :H )

Glad you are here with us! If you haven't already be sure to download the MWO book from the Health store here on the site. It is full of good info for you.
    You also need to make a good plan for yourselves. Look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for lots of great ideas!
    Stay close to the nest, report in everyday & let us know how you are doing. Please ask if you have any questions - we're here to help

Irie, noodle & anyone who has fallen out of the nest - strap yourself back in & keep trying. Just don't ever stop trying, OK? Sorting out why you continue to fall & adjusting your plan to keep from making the same mistake needs to be a priority, right?

Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Sunday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Newbsters!

Just checking in at the end of day 17. The girls, work, cleaning and cooking are keeping me insanely busy. I wish I could go to sleep right now but the girls are playing wii and I?m sleeping on the couch. It?s been ok having them here so far. I work with kids (5- 15 years old) everyday, so I wasn?t worried about them so much as I was pissed that I wasn?t asked if they could stay with me for the week. But we are having fun and I get to eat lots of candy and chocolate! :happyheart:

Belle- We?ve all been where you are. It?s a stepping stone to your ultimate goal. Learn from it. This is not exactly an emergency plan, but someone I know once wrote down all the things they hated about alcohol. She brought that little piece of paper with her everywhere. Anytime she wanted to drink or had a craving, she would look at it and it helped her through many tough situations.

SH- I am not a doctor at all, but I also think that it is allergies. Just to be safe, I would go to the doc. How are you doing btw?

Lolab- Sorry about your mom. How are you doing? Hugs :l

Daisy- You are doing amazing! I so envy you that you could quit both vices at the same time. I am not nearly strong enough for that. Keep up the great work!

UW- I posted this in the Jammers section already but congrats on 60+ days! Truly remarkable! So proud of you!:thumbs:

MWOL- 10 years! :shocked: Holy shit! And what a huge lesson to all of us! It literally only takes 1 drink. You are so strong and if you did it before you can definitely do this again! Stay strong!

Snuf- Welcome to the nest! I am only 3 years younger than you so I know exactly how you feel! You definitely came to the right place. This site is filled with loving people, support, encouragement and inspiration. Read, ask questions, post, post, post. Good luck!

Vintage and Stella- Welcome to the nest!

Available- Welcome back! Try to get 7 days under your belt. It seems a tad bit easier after that.

Irie- I already posted this in the Jammers thread, but remember that this is a lesson. A stepping stone towards your ultimate goal. Don?t feel bad about it, but learn from it, and get right back to where you were.

Noodle- Hi! Welcome back!

Enjoy the rest of your weekends!!!
      "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
      Goal 1- 3 days al free
      Goal 2- 7 days al free
      Goal 3- 1 month al free
      Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rups Daisy Avende an Canadial Gal thank you so much for such a warm welcome, still finding my feet with this site, I met with a lady yesterday who is 2yrs AF and she said this site save her life, positive recomendation indeed, I seem to be able to get to three weeks, not easily but do manage and its then I seem to tumble, saying that I am an incredible binge drinker with many HOURS of blackouts etc. I'm so grateful she recommended this forum I can feel the love already.

Good to meet you all well done everyone xx
        Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone,

It's a beautiful, sunny, cool Sunday and with a clear head I intend to make the most of it. Hope everyone is moving forward in only positive ways! There is no substitute for sober.
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stella, welcome! You get yourself to 3 weeks, and we will personally walk you the rest of the way to 30 days...that's when you get a HAT! Then we'll push you to 60 days, then 100 and so it goes. You've found a wonderful place and I owe my sobriety solely on the help of these people here.
            I just saw a commercial about Nicorette gum, this guy's in a bar with a buddy watching a football game and the buddy asks him if he wants to take a smoke break, he declines, and while he's sitting there, this tiny band is playing on the table 'Ain't no mountain high enough'. That's the way I feel about this nest...like Windy said once, that little group of people is a big blue thing that winks, A chicken, a stylish 50's lady, a little worm, a little dog, a bunch of lemons, ...you get it...all the avatars here are on that table cheering for me! It's a powerful group. Welcome to all newbies...take it in small bites, do whatever it takes to get you thru the next 15 minutes...Keep busy, and stay close. Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

You know, I really hesitated to say that I had been sober for 10 years before I fell, because I did not want to discourage anyone. But the thing is, it really hit home to me that this thing called alcoholism really is a disease - NOT A CHARACTER FLAW, OR A MORAL LAPSE.

Do you think I became immoral all of a sudden after 10 years? Or did my character become bad after 10 years?

NO, by gosh, but my body was just waiting for that one (or two) glasses of bubbly wine to get hooked again. And I did get hooked again. Researchers call this the deprivation effect. The receptors in the brain are just waiting for that booze to hit - we get the high and we're off to the races!! That's what The Sinclair Method is all about. Some people take Naltrexone one hour before they drink and it blocks the high in the brain. So after months of this the high is not there and they stop drinking. I tried it and it did not work in the long term for me. I found that I had psychological issues that just stopping the high in the brain was not able to overcome.

I had to STOP putting the alcohol in my brain AT ALL. And I've begun working on those psychological issues. That's THE QUIT.

I'm happy with that now. And now that I've found the support on this fabulous board I feel finally I can to this.

Anyway, you lovely people, please don't be discouraged by my story of the relapse after 10 years of sobriety. I just didn't do it right :upset: I'm on the right path now. So watch my dust :H:H
              Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
              (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all!

It's a beautiful Sunday morning and I just took a long walk in the sunshine feeling GREAT not to be hungover. I gave a little prayer of thanks this morning as well.

MWO - I appreciate your honesty - I grew up with an Alcoholic, so I completely know that people can fall off the wagon at any point in their sobriety - I think it's an important thing for people to know so that they keep up their guard even after years.

I see it's a busy nest today - CG - good job keeping up with the teens!

Great to see and hear from all the new folks who've found the nest. This is a wonderful site with so much support. Stick around!

Have a fantastic AF Sunday all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, everyone! Today will be my day one. I really, really, really hope that I will be able to manage the whole day. I think the key to my success will be to keep busy and not allow myself to think about my habits. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and thanks for all your support!
                  Snufdizzle :h

Good things come to good people that work hard at being good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wise words byrdlady its a deal xxx
                    Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Sunday all you Nesters!
                      Welcome new nesters, pull up a twig and some butt velcro and settle in.
                      Irie, I was where you are last week. Sunday night I made an incredible fool of myself at a family gathering. Today I have 7 days sober.
                      Daisy it's me and you on 7 lady!

MWO, my mom had a fall after ten years as well. I think everybody needs to know that we are not cured with time, no matter how much we would like to be. Seriously, despite what the book says about moderating, it is not in the cards for us.
                      Day 1 again 11/5/19
                      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

stella123;1245049 wrote: I met with a lady yesterday who is 2yrs AF and she said this site save her life, positive recomendation indeed
                        Lady! :H I guess that must be me then..... :yougo:

SO happy you decided to join us, this place did indeed save my life and I will be eternally grateful,
                        its a Godsend full of the most amazing people who Im very proud to call my friends.

Stick with us through the good and the bad and it WILL change your life too!
                        You are a fab person and deserve this gift to yourself, look forward to seeing you again :l
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Newbies Nest

MWO, I think what you shared with us is one of the most important things I have seen posted here. Thank you for coming forward and having the courage to tell us your story.
                          BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree Belle. MWO it took a set of em to tell us that. But this is what is so powerful about this place...to listen to others who have gone before us and learn. No matter how much time you have under your belt, you must remain vigilant. I'm so glad you told us, I think we all believe at one time or another there is a cure...that time heals all the wounds and we can have the relationship with AL we all dream of...I'm glad to know I'm not trying to fool myself anymore. Thank you. Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I really hesitated to say that I had been sober for 10 years before I fell, because I did not want to discourage anyone
                              MWOL - I'm actually glad you posted this. It reminds me of the imperative to be wary and never say just one because the whole cycle will start again.

Welcome Noodle, Clare & Stella:welcome: You've come to a wonderful place full of supportive people. There is just something about reading and posting here that helps -- hope it does the trick for you too. Obviously you have to have other things in place, but just having people who know what you're going through is invaluable.

Snuf - keep it going!

Allswell - welcome back.

Sending everyone in the nest peace and strength.:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

And where the heck is Steady?
                                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...