Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello & welcome Docgeorgia!
    Glad you dropped in, please make yourself comfy. Have you tried quitting on your own, how did you do? I started here by downloading the MWO book right from the Health Store here. It's full of good info for you. If you truly feel the need to go go rehab, I wish you the best. Come back & let us know how you are doing.

Hi Belle & Jolie - nice out today. I'm not listening to weather reports about possible snow - that's just dumb.....
    Glad you are both staying busy, doing well

SL, I always thought Erma Bombeck was the voice of reason, loved her teachings.

Hi UW & Byrdie!
    Hope you guys are having a great day too!

I spent the afternoon scooping out the chicken house (ugly job).
    The girls now have fresh, clean quarters
    Even the most mundane jobs are simpler without a hangover - believe me!!!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

Back here once again (countless) on day 1. this time i feels different though. i have always questioned whether or not i have a problem which always got me started drinking again. now i realise i actually am powerless. hope this makes a difference. i have my big book and im comitted to changing. tried cutting down and didnt work. im actually pretty depressed and spaced out right now (from the pot another bad habit). its nice to just read all ur posts and feels good to write this down somewhere. i'll try and stick around this time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening lil feathered friends. Hope you are safe and warm in the nest tonight :l:l
        :welcome: doc, satz, and new beginning. I am new here too and could not be happier that I have found mwo. You are in the right place to absolutely turn your life around. Just listen to our nest moms, lav and Byrdie and old pros like Lolab and hill and all of the other wise advice you get from those that are racking up the AF days and you can't go wrong. Read posts here as often as you can and post yourself. There is always someone here to support you!
        thanks to all who have posted this weekend and congrats to all of you on making or through another weekend. Today was the perfect 10 for me!

Jane I am so tired of being told I must go to aa I could just scream! Mwo is much better for me. I do Not need the social interacting and I develop spiritually just fine without the benefit of aa. I know many people get a great deal from aa meetings but not all people are the same

I' m just sayin ' !!!
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome John. Please stick around. This is a great site and you will be Better in no time with the support you get from mwo :welcome:

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Howdy Nesties,
            Welcome Satz and Doc, pull up a twig!
            Nice to see you Hill, thanks for stopping on in,
            Hope everyone had a great week end, I know I did.

I had two sober events, church, cleaning, a walk with the family and dance party 3 on the wii. I was sober, I was fun, I was reliable, I was accountable. I HAD fun!!

Jane, get off the iPad so you can talk to us! Lol

Back to work tomorrow, unhung! Lol
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Welcome back Jon, glad you stopped in the nest!
              Sounds like you have your hands full right now. Do yourself a big favor & make a good plan for yourself. Read thru the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html, you'll find lots of good ideas there. A strong commitment to quit along with a good plan will get you to your goals!

Starfish, nursie & everyone - wishing you all a safe night in the nest. I'm happy to see so many had a good weekend

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, star and others I have to say that it feels a little strange to feel like an old pro in the group! When I look at the big picture, this has all happened so fast. My life has changed drastically ? just by staying AF ? in a really short period of time. Halloween, I was barely over my 30 day mark and still feeling quite vulnerable?and isolating myself. The holidays were hard. I won?t deny that. And Nursie ? that friend you bumped into that smelled like vodka? That would have been me. Not even half a year ago?that would have been me ? on any given day?.and it wouldn?t have been from the night before. So to now be helping anyone else believe that they can do it too ? is really quite humbling to me?because the memories of the days of struggling and thinking I couldn?t do it are still really fresh?

Timpin, and Hillside ? thanks for checking in and inspiring all of us!!!

Lifechange what a beautiful story about the snow?see what I mean? How quickly things can be turned around the way you want them?..

I?m going to cut this short tonight?thinking of everyone out there and hoping everyone enjoyed a great weekend and ready to start a new positive week. I?m using the power of visualization to see all of you ? all over the world ? feeling stronger and stronger and more confident. :l Can you tell?
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in to say good night to the nest. Went out to dinner, and even though hubby drank a beer at the restaurant (and one at home before we left)...I was able to say "no thank you" to the waitress when she asked if I wanted to hear the list of beers. Beer was never my downfall...vodka and wine are my sins... When I felt that it was time to leave, hubby had a bit of beer left in his glass and I asked him "are you going to drink that?". He assumed I wanted to finish it...HA! "Nope", I said..."just want to know if you are ready to leave". Nice to be full after a good meal and not foggy!

Welcome (back) Jon. Please stick around...you won't be sorry.
                  BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning everybody!!
                    Scottish lass, thank you for posting the list from erma. it's true that it pertains to us as well. to everyone, really. let's not have those regrets!!

welcome new nesters and those stopping in.

i realized yesterday that i don't have my plan firm enough in hand. in fact i haven't even written it down yet. (my goal for tody!) i don't have my no, hell NO! running often enough through my brain. i think that's so important. to be ready at all times.
                    i almost lost it yesterday ---i felt like i just wanted to drink. i wasn't trying to fool myself with, "i'll just have a glass!" i just wanted to drink myself dumb!! even though i'm having such a great time not drinking. i don't understand WHY this has to be? i guess that's what i hate about being newly sober. will have to rant on nursies thread and then get over it.
                    anyway, like everyone says--the plan and thinking things through ahead of time are ESSENTIAL!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Monday morning Nesters,

lifechange - that's what the MWO Hypno CDs are for - to change that habitual stinkin drinkin thinking. Think about getting them, they worked wonders on me. I'm looking at my 3 year AF anni coming up in March. I no longer think about numbing myself ~ no need to

I have lots to do today & wish everyone a wonderful AF Monday!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone :l :l

I just had to check in first thing today to get my head on straight! Am feeling kind of grouchy already this morning and I realized just now, that it's just because I can FEEL anything...have been numb for so long.....

Have already said some prayers for all of us today. Thanks for all the good vibes you are all sending my way. Let's all stay strong today, for some of us it will be minute by minute and for some it will be a breeze, but we all will make it through another wonderful AF day - ya hear?

L.C. You are my runnin' budy...today is 11 for me and perfect 10 for you (right?)...Lets stick together - we will be so happy tomorrow.

Love you all so much!
                        Star

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lifechange...I hear what you are saying about drinking thoughts coming out of nowhere...not sure if you were around when I told this...but I had 12 big days going...12!!! It was 8 o'clock at night and I had the night beat, you know what I mean? Hubs went downstairs to check on something and I poured a mug of wine and gulped it all down. OUT OF NOWHERE I did this!!! It took me weeks to get back on track. That's when I came up with the NO, Hell NO thing. Dam, that made me mad at myself, this addiction and the horse it came in on. I didn't even taste the wine...that's part of what I was lamenting...the action of drinking it...the romance...it's BS to us, we have an addiction and when those thoughts come in out of nowhere have your NO, HELL NO!! ready. I still can't believe I did that (yet, sadly, I can....) Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are keeping well. As some of you know I found out I was pregnant in late Dec and unfortunately I just found out that I'm losing my baby. I'm devastated and numb, I'm getting a d&c tomorrow as the baby stopped growing 3 weeks ago. I've really wanted to drink to numb the pain but I haven't and I won't. Anyway I'll check in again soon xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

dammit mrsg....when I saw you had posted, I was repeating in my head and praying "please let everything be ok..." Leave it to someone who's been there to have that kind of anxiety over someone else's pregnancy...My heart is aching for you....:l

You take care of yourself and allow yourself to greive.....numbing that pain wouldn't have allowed you to recover so you have the right idea...thanks for letting us know though...as I remember that being one of the most difficult things...telling others who were also so happy - and feeling that I'd let them down too...
                              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Peeps, this thread is full of promise, hope and success! Let's keep it that way. I have always loved that Erma Bombeck essay. She really got it. We don't want to wait until it's too late to get it and thanks to all the support here and intelligent words we absorb, we don't have to.

Day 6 for me and GOING STRONG. Did caps by mistake but what the hell, leaving them in.
                                Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                                ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X