• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Well done k9 and good advice MWO!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MWO - You're right...Antabuse IS my crutch...and that is OKAY! Nothing to be ashamed of, and I'm not "cheating" by using it. In fact, I'm only cheating if I DON'T take it...cheating myself of sobriety and self-esteem.

Nursie - Loved what you said: Antabuse = Peace, No Antabuse = War.
      That is so simple, and so DEAD ON.

:thanks:
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back K9 - just a nice little attitude adjustment and all calm again, you will get past this hurdle nice, safe and warm in the nest! So looking forward to congratulating you after day 40!:l:l
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow - so much going on since yesterday!

K9 - Excellent that you had such a great talk with your doctor today. It's so hard to find a really good doctor that we trust and feel good about. Glad you made the decision to take the Antabuse - takes the the choice away - huh?

Mrsg. - so sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage between my son and daughter and it can really take a toll on you emotionally. Turning to AL definitely will not help you heal and you need to be able to mourn your loss in your own way without AL. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

K9 - also had to tell you how much I can relate to not drinking Saturday night because of church on Sunday morning. Going to church for me now has such a deeper meaning and I get so much more out of it without having the horrible feelings of guilt to contend with cause I drank the night before. Church for me starts at 8:00 a.m. - have no idea how I ever used to make it when I was drinking.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi neighbor Jolie

K9, I am so happy to hear your report - great doc visit, good for you!
            Now I can smoothe down my ruffled feathers & relax this evening :H
            Seriously, I was afraid you were listening to the monkey mind - don't ever do that!!!

Lots of nest activity today which is just great
            Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to reign it in K9. Props!!
              I have been considering Antabuse for awhile now, but haven't gone and gotten a script.
              Why ativan instead of the Xanax? I take Xanax and I sure don't want to get hooked on that or anything else!!
              Day 1 again 11/5/19
              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters, been on here reading all night... so much support in our shared pain of AL and the struggle to remain AF. I've been watching "Intervention" and "Hoarders" shows most of the evening (in Canada on A&E Mondays nights) as well which helps. It is really nice to know I'm not alone and really appreciate you all out there.

Good luck for rest of tonight and for an AF Tuesday to everyone here at MWO.

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning everyone!!

K9, so glad to hear you sounding strong! your doctor sounds amazing--so smart of you to go and visit her this week. i wish i was already coming upon 40 days--quite an accomplishment!

i need positive vibes headed my way today. have an important day at work, which icludes being on my feet for at least 12 hours-- and nice wine in the vicinity. my plan is to drink lots of water and herbal tea to stay hydrated and not cafein buzzed, to eat, to step out for a little stretching break if i need to --and most importantly to leave as early as i possibly can. i would also love to go to a yoga class after. we'll see. then as soon as i get home i will start a bath, make a tea and sign on here.
                  sounds good, eh??

wishing you all well--
                  see you later.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone :l

First of all, MrsG - you and your family are already in my thoughts and prayers today. Remember that we are all here for you any time you need us on any way :l

K9. I tried to send a group trophy but it didn't work but I am sure someone on the group will be able to send one. You are definitely making the right decision to go back on the Antabuse. We all knew how brilliant you are .

L C. Sending positive vibes your way dear. Sounds like a plan to me. Just keep your self and your needs above all else today and do WIT to escape the beast today. Day 11 for you and magic 13 is within your reach, love.
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:grouptrophy: There ya go Star That's for you K9! Way to go!

Sorry for the short post - I have to finish up a volunteer task today that took all day yesterday too....and I still need time to work on painting my kitchen and planning my dinner party...don't these people know I'm trying to be a domestic diva???:H

Stay strong everyone - I know a few are coming up on some important landmarks...Irie, I think you said that you usually don't make it past this mark - Keep it up girl! And pssssttt.....JOLIE's got 30 days today!!!!!!!!!!:cheering:

I wish I could say hi to everyone but it will have to wait. I'm thinking of you all and Janey...I am seriously giving thought your questions about how my life has improved. Obviously sobriety hasn't helped my ability to quickly put my thoughts into words or I'd have had a reply by now....but I'll have some answers for you soon...:H
                      lola
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gooood Morning!
                        Sober Tuesday Nesties! Let's have a good day!

Ya know what I noticed? That I NOTICE more than ever how bad other peoples drinking problems are. The girl that smelled like vodka the other day, the one that looked hung over at work, the couple that seems to have it all but they drink quite a bit...and furthermore justify it!

Yeah. We are not alone. We have made changes to become free and healthy and everyone has to do that in their own time. Or not! But I sure as hell am!
                        Day 1 again 11/5/19
                        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Tuesday morning Nesters!

Thinking of you today Mrsg, please let us know how you are doing when you can.

CONGRATS to Jolie on 30 AF days :yay:
                          Keep going neighbor, it's worth the work!

lifechange, your plan sounds good. Now practice saying 'No thanks'

Lola, Today, nursie, Star, Jane & everyone - wishing you a fantastic AF Tuesday!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Looks like some seriously positive energy around here today. Everyone seems to be plowing through and showing the demons who's boss. Lifechange, sounds like you have the day all mapped out for success and K9 is kicking some ass on the 40 day hurdle. Nursie, Jane, and I well on our way to 30 and Jolie's already there! Have a great day everyone.
                            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! I'm happily waking up to say 11 AF!

MrsG, you've been on my mind and I will be thinking of you today. I'm so sorry.

LifeChange- I will be thinking of you as well. Typically we all wake up full of confidence which can erode as the day progresses. When you wake up knowing that it's going to be a tough day and requires a special plan...that's nothing to take lightly in our early days! I'll be watching for you to log in tonight or tomorrow to let us know how well you did. I KNOW how hard it is, but you can do it! Stay tough!
                              ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                              -----------------------------------
                              Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest

We are putting some big wins in the right column!!!! Jolie, my precious nest mate...here is YOUR HAT!!!!!!!!!!!:bday3: I am so happy for you!!! Getting that dam monkey off our backs is the best grooming we ever did!! Well done!
                                Jane I am very impressed with you...look at all the 'DONE's' down your achievement wall! As you get more invested and out there, you will quickly pick up on the folks that have a serious problem and think they are hiding it...just like I did. I didn't think you could smell vodka, but boy was I wrong! Oh God, the things I did...I went to church like that.....
                                Small steps lead to big victories...and that's what we have here!!! Thanks everyone, have a wonderful day! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X