11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I'd bake a cake for you Nursie but I can't eat any :H
      Lost 2 lbs last week & want to keep the momentum going

Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Tuesday!
      Will be back later.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All!

I haven't checked in for a few days, but I am still here, and still AF! Made it through the dreaded 40, guess I'm at 43 now? I have to check my phone but too lazy to get up. LOL

Had a big weekend. My 18 year old nephew moved in with me. He's looking for independence but can't afford his own place, so I am renting him a room. He's a good kid, full time job, in school, etc. I know he was just looking for a little break from his mom, and trying to spread his wings...so...we will see how this goes! It's another good reason to be AF, I would hate to be setting a bad example by drinking every night, or giving him the impression that he can have his friends over to party. Instead he knows I am an early bird and usually asleep before he gets home. He's been very respectful so far. He is the oldest of 6 boys...so I wonder if I'll ever get that room back? LOL

Ok, just stopping in real quick...now it's time to catch up on reading the threads.

Hope everyone is well!

K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

OH, I wanted to add one more thing. I finally got my new tires that I've been talking about forever...everyone around me is tired of hearing about them. LOL

BUT, they discovered about $2,000 worth of work that needs to be done...everything from the whole front end to cracked belts to needing all new shocks. *SIGH* Guess what my first thought was? "I'm having a really bad day, I'm going to grab a 12 pack on the way home". Well 2 things, 1) I'm on Antabuse so that's not possible, 2) My sober brain told me getting drunk won't help a darn thing, I'll still need work on the car when I "come to" tomorrow and will then have to deal with reality with a hangover. So of course I made it through sober, but I like to think that even without the Antabuse I would have talked myself out of this one...I consider that progress. Whew, just had to vent!
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey guys, day 2 today, not doign good, really really strong desire to dirnk pretty much since i woke up that is just refusing to go away, more details in my thread but really suffering for my 7 month long binge and struggling to hold it together...
            I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

jane, could most likely just be a viral thing going around....
              take care of yourself, I'm sure it will pass in a day or so

K9, congrats on the tires but I would definitely get a second opinion on the rest of the work. You just never know Congrats on your AF time - stay with the plan!

IC, you know the first three days are the hardest with this process. Do anything you can to take your mind off AL - anything!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

i just want something to tide me over so i can cope with work tomorrow...

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

InChains....you must get control of your mind. I don't know how much you've been around the Newbie's Nest, but I call a bad craving 'The Rabbit Hole'. All you can think about is how nice it would be, right? Who cares, anyway? What do I owe THESE people? What does it matter how much I drink? What the ___! I know these voices and they are strong!! You must get thru today no matter what...recite the Pledge of Allegience, or whatever you have in Enlgand. Say The Lord's Prayer....name the 7 Dwarfs or Dwarves...google whether it's Dwarfs or Dwarves! Do whatever it takes to keep you out of that rabbit hole. Well wait a minute. Why don't we go down there together shall we? You go out and buy not one, but 2 bottles of whatever it is you drink. One 'to get there' and some for insurance. Let's see,if you're like me, you drink until you can't drink anymore, that will take, 3 hours or so? You feel like the biggest loser there is...you suck, the world sucks. You drink until you can't feel or think anything at all...pass out on the couch or bed. Wednesday morning, rinse and repeat.....what's the use? I can't do it...and so what if I can't. I'll try later, right now, I'm _______ (I don't care what's in that blank, it's different for all of us, but the result is the same). Wednesday you drink...next thing you know it's the weekend, there's _____ going on. The point is, there is always going to be something going on that justifies TO US that we deserve a drink. ALWAYS. It's the way we are wired up. Every time you give in to The Voice it gets harder to beat. There comes a time that you have to tell it, NO, HELL NO!! I WILL NOT GIVE IN! No one is going to pour that drink down your throat, it is YOUR choice. You must not go in the rabbit hole. Instead...you have the thoughts and they are strong...get on the phone and call someone...go to a vending machine and get a cookie, do whatever you can do to get thru it. IT IS HARD, but you are stronger than the VOICE! You get over it and finally it's time for bed, go to bed early if you have to. You wake up Wednesday morning with 3 big days under your belt (drinking joke). I tell you, 3 days is big!! This is when AL is out of your bloodstream and you are operating on full InChains power!! Then we will push you to 7 days...you don't get a hat yet, but you'll have conquered all the days of the week and survived. There's nothing the week can throw you that you haven't handled. Then comes big Day #13. I don't know what it is, but on this day something switches in your head....and you come to realize that this really IS something you can do!!! From then til day 30, you won't have a stronger team than this nest behind you. Please ride out this feeling of desperation, it is only temporary. It will only be repeated if you give in. Days 1 and 2 are the hardest....you know that. Please stay with us....you can do it. Don't give up your quit no matter what and no matter who!! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

i need my job i cannot function at work around other people if i'm like this tomorrow, and I'll be worse than this tomorrow, i know i will.

byrdie: I'm not completely goign af just yet, i'm still plannign to drink socially... i'm a student, it's kinda what we do i guess. i just cannot see past how bad i feel right now, i am really, really low. i need something to drag me through tomorrow, and right now hellfires lookign mighty warm compared to how i feel today...

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1257653 wrote: OH, I wanted to add one more thing. I finally got my new tires that I've been talking about forever...everyone around me is tired of hearing about them. LOL

BUT, they discovered about $2,000 worth of work that needs to be done...everything from the whole front end to cracked belts to needing all new shocks. *SIGH* Guess what my first thought was? "I'm having a really bad day, I'm going to grab a 12 pack on the way home". Well 2 things, 1) I'm on Antabuse so that's not possible, 2) My sober brain told me getting drunk won't help a darn thing, I'll still need work on the car when I "come to" tomorrow and will then have to deal with reality with a hangover. So of course I made it through sober, but I like to think that even without the Antabuse I would have talked myself out of this one...I consider that progress. Whew, just had to vent!
                      hey K9, good job, yes that would have been allot for me to handle as well. but you did it,

caper
                      caper
                      AF since Sept 2013...
                      :alf:

Comment

Newbies Nest

InChains...I wasted a precious year of my life trying to modify my drinking. I never drank harder. I drank out of panic that someone was going to take it away. You've been at this a while, trying to make it fit....maybe the better fit is to make it go away. I know it's what students do, I did it...but for you it is different...isn't it? Isn't trying to make it work in your life just exhausting? AL ALWAYS WINS. Day 3 is better...I promise. Give us 30 days AF...and then see how great you feel? You have NOTHING to lose, but this desperate feeling of depression, isolation, anxiety. It's the AL doing that. You will feel 100% better tomorrow, and trust me, you CAN operate at your job better sober than you feel right now. That's how strong a hold AL has on us, it makes us think we can't live without it. I didn't think I could...but I have for a YEAR! I never said it was easy...but it's so worth it. THAT'S all I'm going to say, cause I don't want to run you out of the nest!!! Yikes, the last thing I want to do...but I know how hard it is....B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

my day 3 is always the worst, i would not have felt better tomorrow. i'll be back in the nest with work out the way, promise

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to share a milestone

But first... a word for In Chains...please IC, think before you drink (if that is what you are planning to do). Nothing good EVER comes from drinking, does it? Please stop and think of some other way to cope with the way you are feeling now. Do something nice for yourself today to make yourself feel better. Be positive and lose the negative thoughts, please IC. Work is actually much easier when you have not been drinking. We are here to listen and help you through it. Whatever it takes. We need you in the nest IC.

Now for the milestone I wanted to share and I have to attribute this to MWO and my getting past magic day 13!

This afternoon, 2 hours after I get off work, I have a meeting. I will not be going home in between work and my meeting which means I will have 2 whole hours to "entertain" myself. I will not have to report in at home, I have no obligations with the kids and DH is out of town. Now back in my drinkin days, this would have been the perfect set up for me (no accountability for hours). I would have spent the 2 hours before my appt. drinking (not eating a bite), then would have gone to the appt (drunk) and then taken the long way home (drinkin all the while). BUT, this morning, as I was thinking about my day, it never once crossed my mind to drink during this time. Can ya believe it? I was just thinking about going shopping for a baby shower gift, going by the craft store and having a nice, leisurely meal (yes, food and lemon water). This just goes to show the difference in the booze brain (before) and the starfish thinking (now)... I like the starfish thoughts
                            Thanks for listening :h:h
                            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sounds like the perfect plan Starfish - enjoy

IC, caving in now is exactly what your booze brain wants!
                              A mere two days ago you stated that you had to stop drinking entirely.
                              Your choice now ~ what's it going to be?
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nice post starfish
                                45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
                                New day 1- 9 January !
                                Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Working...
                                X