Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I'm with b1, you gotta do what you gotta do! Those remarks HURT like hell, but prove him wrong and he will see what you are made of. A month from now you will be amazed at how much smoother all of the waters are. Perception is everything...you may be technically right, but you can win the battle and lose the war....just be sober and that will be that. Do not let someone else derail you...dam them (finger pointing to the heavens!) When my hubs digs up something from the past and throws it at me, it hurts like hell...but what can I say, he is right. I did embarrass him at parties and fall down the stairs. I still may, but it isn't because I'm drinking. Let it pass, and move on....Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow,
      Please don't let his shitty attitude destroy your focus
      Not all husbands have the ability to be emotionally supportive. I do know that from first hand experience
      Stick with us, you will be OK!

I have not made a habit of broadcasting my quits either because it's really no one's damn business but mine. If they like the new me fine - if they don't, tough :H
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow23;1270280 wrote: Morning guys!

Wow, day 7 for me! Fates have conspired and ruined my plan for today - DH has to go out for a work meeting so no gym for me and DS has an upset tummy, so no swimming. But I AM going shoe shopping, dammit!

x
        Did I hear someone is going SHOE SHOPPING ???????

:happy::yay::yay:

take me with you ...

Seriously, I hope the anger of the later posts has died down, I was pretty crancky too for a while.

To the Jamericans - Irie, Blondie, Nursie - count me in too - I was in Negril some year ago ... haven't forgotten that long stretch of beach.
        workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening? (8 pm UK here!) all

Just checking into the nest for the first time today as I work long hours on a Tues, - first opportunity I've had all day!

Just to recap, this is Day 5 for me.

Well I woke bright and fresh and felt a lot better , much more upbeat (last night I felt emotional and low) and really well in myself - feel less bloated, more energy etc etc. Thought, this is really paying off - good postiive start to the day.

Today has been a difficult day at work but I've coped well I think (better than if I'd been drinking, much more alert, more energy, less anxious, less stressed if you see what I mean) I didn't even get mad tonight when my 7 yr old tipped half a carton of chocolate milk all over the table, cushions, floor etc!

Into my witching hour, finding things a bit tricky right now, - haven't had the opportunity to eat yet which doesn't help.. Just poured a none alcoholic drink....will be back later

Take care all x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sausage, eat something, hungry at Witching hour is a bad bad bad idea.
            workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Newbies Nest

Am ok, just warming up some soup and having a ginger beer .....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys. I've calmed down now. We've had a bit of a talk and he said he feels like he's walking on eggshells at the minute - so I reiterated (again) that's just how it has to be if he's really on board with this. I've come up to bed now, he's downstairs working - let's hope tomorrow is easier ....

Shueaddict - yeah, I got two pairs of ballet flats, some perfume and a pair of jeans. The jeans have to go back but otherwise, pretty good haul! I got my DD some new nightdresses too so she was thrilled to see those when she got in from school. Poor DS got nothing but he's only 2 so he doesn't mind as much!

Sausage - you're doing great. You sound a lot like me in that you can wake up feeling pretty good but in the evening (well, late afternoon for me) it all gets a bit much. Today I just told myself that it was only a few hours til it passed, and since I'd done it the last 6 days, I could do it again today.

Sleep well everyone x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nite Willow, on day 6 with you. I will be going into my witching hour(s) soon too, and for some damn reason the better I feel the more I feel like drinking. I won't though. No time for hangovers and guilt anymore!

"I like people too much or not at all."
                  Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well survived day 5 - just having a cup of tea and then bed. Kids still awake !
                    Sometimes I think I am wishing my life away getting an early night to get the evening over with , but if that's what it takes in the early days, thats what it takes. Am sure it won't be like this forever.
                    Night night all and I'll check in tomorrow after work.
                    Sausage x
                    Day 5 *****

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow and LoLab! Thanks for your posts. I feel really alone at the moment and want to drink. the thought has come into my mind several times this evening. I have not acted on it but my they do come on strong. I have to use more willpower tonight. Reminds me of the time closest to my quitting. So close to 100. I spent so much of the past few days not thinking about how many days and all of a sudden it has become really noticeable and important!
                      Anyway, thanks again! Hope you're both having a lovely AF day :hugs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am feeling alone too, and angry as hell! I had scheduled a repairman to come to my house today, and my bf was supposed to be here and take care of it. He wouldn't put the dogs up so the man could come in the house, and the man left and was pissed off, and rightly so, and probably won't come back. He was the most affordable person I could hire, and I am so fucking mad at my bf I could scream!

I want a drink so bad, my whole body is buzzing.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well hello there nesters!

Seriously this place is just so darn busy - it's great! Took me a while to read back through the posts - seems some are struggling but managing to ride out those cravings with lots of help from some very special people here.

Day 58 for me - feeling strong but I won't lie that the occasional thought of having a nice glass of wine doesn't cross my mind - only problem is it wouldn't be just one nice glass - it would be 4+

Physically feeling better than I have in a very long time - sleep is the best part of being sober for me. To all the newbies who are in the early days/weeks - sleep will get better - it was crappy for me at first too.

Wishing everyone (long-timers, short-timers, in-between-timers), a great night!
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Let that occasional thought cross your mind Jolie & keep going :H
                            I'm looking at 3 years AF next month & I have a very occasional thought about a glass too but I KNOW better now & will not go there again Congrats on your 58 days, nice!
                            Glad we only have rain to deal with tomorrow!!!

Hope everyone stays focused on their goals & a safe night in the nest

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon all

Just "staying in touch" as its Day 7

I am enjoying reading this thread, and its a big learning experience.

My husband and I love each other to bits, but we have some fundamental issues to sort out.

I am positive that at least part of my drinking was to "dull" things so I would not have to tackle them - I definetely learnt to "settle" for second best.

I am over being the only one committed to making things work, and I'm not taking crap anymore.

Interestingly my husband is learning that if he doesn't make an effort nothing happens anymore - its only taken 10 years.

I sound so negative, I'm not just noticing how things are changing in my life. This is good.

That and I have rediscovered I like herbal tea.
                              :wings: "Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."

Comment

Newbies Nest

Herbal tea here for hubby & me as I surf MWO & he reads Kick the Drink easily. Getting our drink on .... Day 7 for him, 8 for me! Thank all for the welcome & for the support of everyone here :thanks:
                                Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                                Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                                10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                                2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                                Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                                AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                                Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X