X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Gooood Morning Nest!
    55 days today, feeling good.
    Allswell, what a way to celebrate your 55! I had no idea you were a runner! I love to run too and I have a race in June. Tell me about how you train? I'm just getting back on track. (pun intended)

Today my kids and I are putting out some more bird feeders and playing in the snow a bit.
    I love getting an early start!
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Great to see everyone checking in

allswell, good luck with the race - awesome!

SH, it's true......without AL we are so much more focused & can get a lot done. I'm sure your kids are enjoying their new & improved Mom

I have a long list of things to do today so I'll get to them.
      Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Saturday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Willow....glad you have your energy back...and I CAN tell you exactly how long it will last! Until you drink again..... I never drank harder than the year I tried to moderate. Now that AL is off the table completely..a calm peace has settled in. There will always be conflict in your mind as long as there is hope alive that you can have a reasonable relationship with AL. I can say that, because I have lived it. It is a hard thought to finally accept....but the voices in my head are now at peace with it.
        Just my opinion...(trust me, nobody fought it harder than I did) Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

sugarbeat....I'm concentrating on the power of now to finding it a great help
          laveande....good idea forgot about the tool box thanks xx
          Byrdlady...great to hear about your tablets so far I have reduced my AD considerably and like you am
          noticing a huge difference Planning reducing my lower dose from 20mg to 10 next week, doing it
          gradually not that brave to go cold turkey
          Sausage...your doing fantastic keep it up, the magic really does happen, I read jason Vale to and thought it was a great help
          Hypernova...like you i could never have got myself off meds while drinking well done to us
          Canadian girl...Loving the S for sisters lol
          nursie....55 days FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!
          Have a great weekend everyone xxxx
          Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning and afternoon Nesters!

Feeling great today after getting a nice long restful sleep. What a difference just a simple thing as sleeping and being sober does to your mental health. Day 4 AF and looking forward to a sober weekend getting some meetings and laying out a recovery plan. Have a great day everyone!
            Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.

Have just bumped up a thread in the My Story section, which is absolutely inspirational ( originally for followers of the "physical Changes after quitting alcohol" thread) but then I thought any nesters struggling might benefit from it too.

For those of you who are not familiar with it, take a look at Doggy Girl's "my new story starts here" thread and look at her before and after pictures taken a few months after she went AF. She posts them in Jan 2009 mid way through the thread. If they don't inspire you, nothing will !

Keep going - as someone said on here last night, " don't quit before the miracles start happening".

Sausage x
              Day 9 *********

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello brave and kind souls. I"m still here, 20 days AF and feeling much betterr. I' m connected to y'all everyday for moral support and want to thank you. Apologies for not posting much but it's like in the airplane when they tell you that in case of emergency, put your oxygen mask in place first and then you can help your neighbor.

Whose post was this?
                SAUSAGE;1272816 wrote: I had that one little drink at a special occasion - 3 YEARS later I've only just got the strength to come back!!!
                It reminds of one of yours great motto "first the man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man". . . . So don't take that drink!
                Just Do It !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nursie, good to hear from another runner! Yes, I'm in it big time. I always ran, even while drinking but then it was more to sweat out all the toxic shit I poured down the day before. Now I'm back to running for time. Finished today in the top 12% with 7:45 pace. I usually run 40 - 50 miles a week. I'd like to hear about your race in June.
                  2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here goes.... I am back admitting defeat. I am so ashamed that I have to do this - got it into my head that I could go for it alone, only to find myself in the worst state I have been in since joining here in October 2010. I will count tomorrow 4 March as my Day 1. Enough said - will check in tomorrow.
                    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Daisy! Welcome back!

AL is nasty and I had a scare myself today... Don't be ashamed. It could easily happen to any of us. See you tomorrow.:l
                      12-20-2012 AF
                      Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening guys! End of day 2. Been fine today - went out for dinner with DH and the kids. Completely didn't crave AL at all, so weird isn't it. Sat in a restaurant surrounded by people drinking and absolutely fine. Just shows how cooking dinner at home sets me off cos I'd really be fighting it usually (although it's probably cos it's only day 2 so cravings wouldn't have set in yet for me anyway).

Hope everyone's had a great Saturday! Take care x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back daisy

Been quite round here today, had an up and down day

Its the thinkin not the drinking at the moment,

Trying to swing myself over to the positive more

How's everyone else, I've nearly 12 days done by da way
                          "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job Nesters piling up all those AF days

Welcome back Daisy!
                            Stick around now ~ yuo know the routine.

Had an unexpected visit from my daughter & grandaughter this afternoon - I'm happy
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

My first day. Not really sure I want to be here, just know I have to do something different. I am ordering the book and reading a lot of post. Thinking about talking to my doctor.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey nesters. So many posts since I last came on mid week. Sorry I can't go back but want to say I have read some and definitely thi king of you all and I'm on day 102! The old 100 snuck past as I've been back at work. Hope I can stick this out though. Will post more soon. Hope strength and an Al free night to All x

Comment

Working...
                                X