Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Kaizen!
    This is a great place to check in daily, share your experiences, rant, rave, bitch or cry Seriously, it's a great group of people and we are super supportive of each other. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and sharing your journey. Let's get past that 3 week marker, eh? Stay strong!
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1287111 wrote: Let's get past that 3 week marker, eh?
      I am all aboard for that :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kaizen, Day 3 is huge doings!!! This is when all the AL is out of your system and you are operating on full K-power! This site is a challenge to navigate, at least for me...I was here 2 weeks before I figured out how to reply! (and I haven't stopped since!)Settle on in and I would suggest reading back a few weeks and get to know us. If you are serious about getting AL out of your life, this is the place to be cause we are sick of it! Just take it 15 minutes at a time, until you've got another day in. When you get a craving, try to distract yourself or eat something..drink water and stay hydrated. Do whatever you have to do to ride it out, IT WILL PASS...do not give in no matter what and no matter who...next goal is 7 days...that will be a full week..and at that point, you will get a horn toot for a job well done. If you've gone the last 3 days without AL, you can go the next 3. The worst is behind you...keep it that way! Keep posting and stay close to us...so glad you are here. Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdlady, good advice on going back a few and catching up here. You are correct also that 3 days is where I feel like most of the toxins have left, and the next 2 days things mentally start to clear up. I have had soo many weeklong sobrieties’ I know right where things start to click and that’s when I will start it all over again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Kaizen!
            The Nest is the best place for newbies & some of us oldbies as well
            Congrats on your 3 AF days, great start!
            Now to ensure your success & meet your goals you need to make a plan. Plan ahead of time what you are going to do in your new found 'spare time', how you are going to handle social situations, stressful situations, happy ones ~ anything really where AL was involved. Here's our https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html, use the ideas in there to help yuo write your plan.
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just want to apologize to Honeysoup. I called you Honeywell in another thread, and now I'm not sure which one, lol. And, I have no idea why i did that. I'm not drunk. hahaha!:H

Evening Nestie Besties!! Still hanging out and posting away on here, for the past few hours. God I have an eventful life! Thinking about watching that movie again, When a man loves a woman that someone mentioned. I've seen it, but don't remember much about it really. I know I didn't think it pertained to me at all at the time.

Hope everyone is well.

"I like people too much or not at all."
              Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've never seen that movie & don't think it pertains to me either
                I'd rather watch NCIS reruns :H

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1286441 wrote: Oh geez you guys - thanks! Lav I posted in your other thread this morning...(actually I got up to pee at 12:05 last night and thought about posting to you, but didn't feel like waiting to turn my phone on... but the thought was there!:H)

Thanks for remembering Jane :l

Sometimes, it all seems like just words on the computer screen...."it gets easier" "you have to want to NOT drink more than you want TO drink..." ...all the little things I've heard and sometimes even rolled my eyes at... it really is true. I used to struggle so much to come home without vodka. I would sometimes even drive back up to the liquor store and wrestle with myself all over again...and then feel that little excitement in my stomach when I got home with it....told myself, this bottle, I'll just have a little here and there and not over do it...but I'd open it up right when I got home and start in.

To learn to live without it all day every day - at the point that I had gotten - is one thing....that part was going to kill me - and soon. But the "other" learning - to live without drinking to cope with stress and anger - and in social situations - is another story. And one that up until very VERY recently - I doubted that I would ever get comfortable with. I still do sometimes. I'm not perfect - I was a mess...and now some might think I've gotten obsessive about other things (just got back from container shopping to "organize" stuff) - but at this point I"m not surprised by anything.

i've gone through so many "phases" in this process, that every weird thing I start to do, or every shitty way I start to feel, I just try to chalk it up to yet another "phase" which will have a beginning and an end. I can't keep organizing forever - at SOME point Ill have to be done, won't I? :H

So if anyone out there's contemplating quitting, I think the 26th is a pretty great day to start, don't you Lav?
                  Jeeez Lolab, I am on the back of every single thing you have to say....I did'nt quite make it for my day one to be Lav's anniversary day but.......day 1 for me is 28th of March 2012! HERE I GO!
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, the film was cool. Very very sad, I cried a lot. I actually was never that bad - I don't drink spirits, never kept AL in the house (just picked it up whenever) and never hid bottles - but that's not to say I wouldn't have got to that stage if I'd carried on. I just felt so sorry for everyone in it, so many parallels with my own life too. A DH who works long hours, him trying to do everything to 'help' me, feeling the pressure of every day life .... Oh man! I highly recommend it to anyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad you watched it Willow and that you thought it worthwhile. I found it very sad and could relate to it a lot, the pressure of a the mum looking after a young family, having her own job, husband working a way, oldest child trying to do her homework and mother shouting at her ( when she actually had come to tell her she'd done it) oldest girl not sure why mum is behaving like that " mommy are you sick?" it then goes on to get a lot lot worse than that but I don't want to give the story away......

It really upsets me more to watch it now, my oldest is about same age as older girl in film and latterly I knew she was more aware of me drinking ( I was a daily wine drinker) than when I quit before 4 yrs ago and she was only 4.

The title is rubbish " when a man lives a woman" I think that would put people off, you would think they could have come up with a better title. Anyone with young children who has a drink problem I strongly suggest you watch it. If I'm feeling weak now, and experiencing cravings, I sometimes put the film on and fast forward to the homework bit ( and it puts me off drinking immediately).

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah, the bit just before she goes in the shower and shouts etc at her daughter really really upset me. DD is just coming up to 5 and DS is 3 in July so still quite young but even they've seen me throw up in the mornings from a hangover and sat rubbing my back. It's no way for them to live.

Day 10 today though guys! Haven't got to double figures since I was pregnant with DS in 2009! Hope everyone's ok this morning, another gorgeous day here!

Comment

Newbies Nest

i only have 2 shakes to write this morning. but i wanted to congratulate Lav for 3 years!! and Lolab for those 6 months. a couple of days belated. you're both very important to me on this sometimes very difficult journey. i finally managed to make it through day 1 yesterday--and in a very different frame of mind than before.
                          i have a lot to read back on and am looking forward to doing that this afternoon.
                          hugs to you all!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters, I think I congratted in another place but congrats to Lavande for 3 years and Lolab 6 months, that’s awesome places to be.

I will have to try and watch the movie you guys are talking about, back then I hated movies like that but I think I might like it now. "Leaving Las Vegas" with Nicolas Cage was a moving watch for me.

Have a good day

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kaizen, that's another one I need to get hold of. I've never seen it but my DH says its good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Humpday

In a rush to get going right now but I will be back, of course.

Congrats Lifechange, please be strong & hang in there with us. Nothing to be afraid of, you won't regret your decision to say goodbye to AL!

Wishing a great AF Wednesday for all!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X