Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I just got my power back last night and now a snow storm??? Sheesh! Enough already.
    :notes:
    we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was sick on my sofa the other night, that was the turning point, enough is enough! 33 years old no boyfriend etc etc the reason is wine ! Get a life wineglugger, wine is not a life ! I can do it !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wineglugger... You're right! You can!! I also glugged the wine and drank an average of 3 bottles a day. With the help of this site, lots of Kudzu and l glutamine, and the book 'quit drinking the easy way' I've been AF for 9 days. This may not sound like much, but for me it is a miracle! I use valerian root, melatonin, and/or the calms forte from this site to help me sleep. Insomnia was definitely the worst side effect but I'm pretty much through it now. Hang in there!
        http://baclofentreatment.com/
        http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org
        http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick 30 days is fantastic - maith th? leat f?in! (a few more Irish words of congratulations)
          Stick at it Wineglugger, I?m at day 5 here and beginning to feel better already. Keep reading posts on this site I?m finding it a great support. Bx
          :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick! On behalf of the entire Newbi's Nest, please accept this major award: :bday3: Isn't it amazing to think that one month ago, you wandered into the nest with a great burden, and 30 days later, you are giving advice on how to stop drinking!!!! Who would have thought???? I know you are a man of few words, but would you have some hopeful inspiration to those who follow in your footsteps? You are a shining example of what can be accomplished! Well done, indeed!!! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the Support, did you get any tension headaches at all? trying to figure out if it's a symptom or I am just over tired and paraniod ! thanks xx:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wineglugger: I get headaches for the first three or so days. It's more of a dull ache but from what I've read that is a symptom of AL withdrawal.
                One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

wineglugger;1407256 wrote: Thanks for the Support, did you get any tension headaches at all? trying to figure out if it's a symptom or I am just over tired and paraniod ! thanks xx:thanks:
                  Wineglugger;
                  I had headache one day 2 but went away day 3. I thought it was due to the supplements but it could be due to not drinking too.
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                  A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations, Patrick!!:goodjob:

:welcome: Winelugger- We are so happy to have you in the nest. You have come to the right spot for support and wisdom. If you have not already done so, take a peak at the toolbox (you can get there from the link at the bottom of my post). There you will find lots and lots of good ideas to help you stay Alcohol free. Also, I really like the advice of paying attention to triggers such as hunger, anger, loneliness and being tired (H.A.L.T. is any easy way to remember). If you have a craving, be sure any of these triggers are taken care of instead of caving in.

Great job on sticking with us Nanette and Bennii- you two are doing great!

Daisy- Just look at you. I am so proud of you! :l

Oh Nurdle- Here, get under my wing. It's warm and dry under here. I will keep the wind and snow off, I promise :l

Hey Dottie- hope you warm up soon. Seems like it's cold all over the place this past week! You are doing great!

Fin- sounds like you have a plan! Please check in with us every once in a while!

Mornin' Lav, Lola and Byrdie and all others who wander in today.

I am feeling great! Just snowed under with work and some family business, so not able to post as much as I'd like- but am keeping up with everyone as much as I can and sending hugs and love!

xoxo, Star
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DotFree, that is such a beautiful poem, I'm going to write it out on a sticky note and put it up on my bulletin board. First sober election for me, too. You have come such a long way in a short amount of time...stay the course and you will never regret it!

Wineglugger! A hearty welcome from me, too! You will be amazed at how your spirits will lift in just a few short days of being AF. Headaches are a common complaint...I had flu like symptoms the first 2 weeks....this is a small price to pay to get out from under the burdens of AL (in my opinion). A week of inconvenience for a lifetime of freedom? I'll take that any day...WELCOME!!

Nurdl...congrats on your electricity...but I'm sorry about the upcoming storm..it just left us yesterday. I will be thinking of you.

Well done, nesters! If this old drunk can get her act together....I KNOW you can do it!!! B
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wineglugger to be honest I expected to be bouncing around full of energy after 5 days. I'm not. I've had headaches and a decidedly fuzzy head. But I feel a hell of a lot better then I would have done after 5 days drinking 2 bottles of wine a night. Then I'd have headaches, fuzzy head, shakes, the fear, guilt and more besides. I'm tired and sleeping lots but then I'm going through a hugely emotional process, it's only natural that I'm tired. I just keep reminding myself of how I felt after a night on wine and I certainly feel a hundred times better than that. Our bounce will come back in time Bx
                        :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks guys much appreciated (think I might also turn the heating down ....

It is great to know I am not the the only quitting wino out there !

Lets do it ROAAAAAAAR *beats chest*

xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

had a Reiki session yesterday and had the best sleep I've had in ages - highly recommend it, x
                            Honour Thyself

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have to say it is so good to see such positivity on the boards again....supportive, light-hearted and understanding; this is great!!!!
                              Well today I got my first 50 lengths in about 3 weeks - it was great. As soon as I get in the water I am so thankful; I feel a relief. I know the exercise will not only keep my weight and shape in check, but a much deeper thing is that it helps with my moods and how I feel.
                              I set my alarm early this morning and intend to from now on; the earlier you rise, the more productive your day and genuine tiredness takes over at night. For anyone dealing with insomnia, I would recommend it.
                              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATULATIONS, PATRICK ON 30 DAYS!

Thanks for the humor and support!

Cat
                                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X