Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Oh, Dottie- I am sending strength and prayers your way. I know you have enough to put up with at work without having that additional burden from your poor dad and his situation :l
    I hope the sun is still shining and you still have your dinner plans that you were looking so forward to! Just try to focus on the good for a few minutes. It looks like you have done all you can now, by talking to the nurses station and setting up a conference. Good Job!

I'm glad you like my new avatar, Alley- I just got dressed up for Christmas!

Yes, Pinecone, for me, accountability to folks who care about you AND who understand enough to offer applicable support and no-nonsense direction is absolutely key. When I was drinking, I kept disappointing myself and my family because I don't think any of us really believed in me enough. I had so many mess ups that we all expected me to mess up AGAIN. Here, I have friends who really believe in me, support me and will kick me arse if i mess up again. That's what it takes for me!

XOXO Star

Thanks for the hats my Byrdie- I wear them with much pride!
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Catbuddy and Star!!! :wd: :yay:

2 Months AF!!! Well done! Your hard work gives us all something to celebrate!

:happy: :happy: :happy:

~nurdl
      :notes:
      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

STAR!

:woot: :woot: :woot:

congrats on your 2 months. yer inspiring us

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yahoooo out to CAT and STAR! Two months is simply AWESOME. Thank you so much for your commitment and leadership. Those behind you really need these strong showings so again, thank you-thank you!!

Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
          Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

A BIG CONGRATS TO CAT AND STAR

IT HAS BEEN AN HONOUR TO SERVE WITH YOU!

Cos remember folks, this is a war and each of these folks won major battles

Comment

Newbies Nest

well put Kuya, this is a war!
              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats cat and star!!!
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hellos fellow nesters,
                  Many thanks bed, lavande, starfish and kuya for your comments and well wishes.
                  Hope those new to the nest are making themselves comfy. This really is the place to be. I'm not posting much but am lurking ladies :-)

Can't recall the poster but something about starting just beforethe holidays. There is NO time like now. Why waste another few weeks for the sake of a holiday that can be enjoyed without AL? Start with the right frame of mind and say you won't be drinking. I kept saying to myself ( and others) that I DON'T drink- be it for a vow, few weeks or what ever. Mentally getting that into my head helped. I also keep reminding myself where I was when I came to this site. I go back and read these posts and force myself to think about the way I felt after drinking, guilt, shame, hiding bottles, the money, the smell... All of it.

Why wait and waste another day?

MinStar

Comment

Newbies Nest

MinStar;1418562 wrote: Hellos fellow nesters,
                    Many thanks bed, lavande, starfish and kuya for your comments and well wishes.
                    Hope those new to the nest are making themselves comfy. This really is the place to be. I'm not posting much but am lurking ladies :-)

Can't recall the poster but something about starting just beforethe holidays. There is NO time like now. Why waste another few weeks for the sake of a holiday that can be enjoyed without AL? Start with the right frame of mind and say you won't be drinking. I kept saying to myself ( and others) that I DON'T drink- be it for a vow, few weeks or what ever. Mentally getting that into my head helped. I also keep reminding myself where I was when I came to this site. I go back and read these posts and force myself to think about the way I felt after drinking, guilt, shame, hiding bottles, the money, the smell... All of it.

Why wait and waste another day?

MinStar
                    Well said Min...... To those starting....try and imagine STILL being AF in the new year ?

HOW FECKING AWESOME WILL YOU FEEL ??! :H:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Awesome day for Cat & Star - CONGRATS to both of you
                      Stay strong you guys & you'll be starting the new year off right!!!

Dottie, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's continued outbursts. No, that should not be happening. Maybe it's time for the Eval we talked about for him so he can get settled down. You certainly don't need any more worries or pressure on you.

I am finally finished in my shop for the day - it's nearly 8:30 pm. Grateful for the business but man am I tired :H

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest. Don't let the full moon bother you
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

How were all the birthday celebrations, Lav?? Did everyone get his propers? Gosh, you have been one busy Mimi lately!!
                        A full moon....the lottery ......see, it's all a sign that I'm gonna win! :fingers: Fin, you'll be gettin a bigger boat, Cat and Dottie can quit their jobs...RC will be get bigger monitors than Allan......maybe I can get some union labor in the hat closet! Everyone is doing so well!
                        MinStar, great to see you posting!! Hugs to all....B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie - when I win I'll build you a really nice bathroom with TV, and a library right next to the throne, and a computer on the other side so you can check in while you're distracting yourself from cravings in the loo.

bwa-hahaha!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nurdl, you are just too good to me! You think of everything!! (cept I'ma win!) XO, B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Help a newbie choose hypnotherapy disks!

Hello everyone!
                              Tree23 here. Wondering if any of you can give me some advice as to which set of hypnotherapy cds I should purchase: The original set or total abstinence? I would like to think that I could have A drink after I have been sober for a while, but that is not what I have heard from other people/substance abuse counselors but I have gotten a different understanding from some members here. If I got the original set would it stop me from abstinence?

I am on day two AF. Not a big accomplishment but something at least. I have ordered the book and the supplements just not sure on the hypnotherapy. I should probably wait to jump in until I have finished the book and have everything but this just feels right. Its an amazing feeling to have something (a program) and someone (you members) to give me support and keep me involved. I live in a very small (drinking) town and have not felt comfortable due to my position in the community to go to AA although I have had months of sobriety throughout my limited number of drinking years. :thanks:
                              :earth: Tree23

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tree23:
                                I actually never bought the book or the hypno cd so couldn't advise you. I've downloaded several hypno quit alcohol apps from apple store before that didn't work but the ones here people say are better.

I just use the supplements and have great results and I figure if I need the help, I'll then get the book and CD afterwards.

Just a thought. .
                                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Working...
                                X