Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey all, been so busy and had hardly any time to drop in.

Got caught a bit off guard earlier. It was almost as if I had "forgot" that I had quit drinking. The thought of coming home, closing my door and drinking wine alone tonight entered my head and I got a rush of excitement. Then I was like "oh shit, that's right...I don't do that any more" and I'm not gonna lie, a sense of disappointment/sadness/anger came over me! Managed to curb the feelings by reminding myself that I dont drink by repeating it over and over again in my head and by also switching my thoughts to the nasty side of it and how horrible my life had became because of it.

I had been feeling so strong and confident with it all too. Them WHAM! I suddenly felt very vulnerable. Scared me tbh- what if I had been having a bad or stressful day - would I have been able to control those thoughts? :-/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, Almost Free. I'm off to the dentist, but the other person I know with schizonphrenia just posted she is hearing voices and she is on Clozapine 500 mg. Has your son ever taken that one? Any experience to relay my way? I've passed on the niacin research to her mom, but wondered if I could pick your brain a little bit. I know you are very busy. I'll check back later.

I hope you are having a better day.

Love,

Slay
      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd Love

I'd also like to chime in for Byrd - a saver of may lives around here. Thank you SO much for reaching out when I needed it.
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dang, Yall! I am almost speechless all the kind words!! I'm not dying or anything am I? No...all good. Thank you so much, that's the positive reinforcement that keeps peeps like me in bidness!

Jingles, those thoughts come outta nowhere and are STRONG! This is Dick's last gasp! He hits you hard thinking he can knock you off balance. This is to keep you humble...(and mindful). They still happen to me, too, but we are armed and ready. They are ONLY thoughts. You are giving yourself THE best Christmas present ever!

Protect your quits like a box of gold! Hugs to all and thank you! B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady you are truly one of the great ones!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all! I'm already ridiculously happy today but in a message from a dear friend (you know who you are) she mentioned that the worst is over. She's right!!! The worst is definitely over. So for all the newbies hang in there. The shakes, the nausea, the sleepless nights, the anxiety, depression, cravings, brain fog and so much more... the worst of all these things will be over for you too. I am so glad that I don't drink anymore.
              xoxo
              ~n
              :notes:
              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

nurdl;1426463 wrote: Hey all! I'm already ridiculously happy today but in a message from a dear friend (you know who you are) she mentioned that the worst is over. She's right!!! The worst is definitely over. So for all the newbies hang in there. The shakes, the nausea, the sleepless nights, the anxiety, depression, cravings, brain fog and so much more... the worst of all these things will be over for you too. I am so glad that I don't drink anymore.
                xoxo
                ~n
                Good post. Short, sweet and fills me with inspiration.

Love it.

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Very quiet on the boards this afternoon or evening or whatever time it is for everyone. Maybe it's just that my mind is lighting up like a Christmas tree today that makes everything else around me appear quiet.

Zap...zap, zap....ZAP!
                  Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya, if you don't mind me asking, does your 23 year old still live with you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Food for thought.

One of my valuable lessons in life has been to learn to laugh at myself and some things that really aren't as serious as we try to make them. It helps to keep you on a sane footing. FWIW

When we begin to take our failures non-seriously, it means we are ceasing to be afraid of them. It is immense importance to learn to laugh at ourselves.

Katherine Mansfield

If I were given the opportunity to present a gift to the next generation, it would be the ability for each individual to learn to laugh at himself.

Charles M Schulz

It is of immense importance to learn to laugh at ourselves.

Katherine Mansfield

If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.

Jimmy Buffett

The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Signed,

Vamp

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just popping in quickly before I start the dinner prep....with my cranberry juice/orange juice and soda ........
                        Back a couple of pages, Byrdie mentioned the fact that there's not a lot of opportunity to be praised for going 7 days AF other than here......I was EXACTLY what I had been thinking of yesterday when I was completing 7 days. No one at home here would even take notice of how many days I've been AF, although I know they have noticed I haven't been drinking but no one has said ANYTHING to me! They have no idea of the effort it has taken....they just don't drink during the week, and only just my son-in-law drinks a lot when he's with the guys. My daughter will on occasion have a night of drinking, but hasn't done that very often since she had the baby because she was breast feeding up until a couple of weeks ago and would have to pump and throw her milk out for a day.
                        They've also all been sick with a cold, so drinking isn't even on their radar!

That's why I feel so grateful to have this site to come to.... Day 8....yeah!:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Exactly ND! You will get the recognition you deserve here because we all know how hard it is to quit and stay quit. I have to remind my husband and even then it doesn't register and anything really significant. So we have to take care of ourselves. You've done really well!!! 8 days is nothing to sneeze at and 8 times getting through that witching hour is amazing. So enjoy your cran/oj/soda drink and I'll raise my glass of diet coke and lime to you for doing so well! cheers!
                          ~n
                          :notes:
                          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep my husband so does not get it...last time I got to 45 days and he was totally oblivious to what i felt was a huge accomplishment...so I will just have to be proud of myself and appreciate the kudos we all get here...
                            Dottie
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all nesters,

Lovely vibes today!

Slay, my son and his girlfriend actually moved back for a year for my first (quit) it was only going to be six months but they stayed a year. He had hoped it would motivate him to get a job but it didn't. It was fine with them here, in fact, the only low point was when I fell off the wagon and he hit the roof. His reasoning was alcohol is more harmful and I am older and NEED to quit. He doesn't see his pot as a major problem as he still doesn't associate it with his lack of motivation. They have moved out and live near. I see him most days and all is good. He is still unemployed and struggles to live but he survives. I do not carry him any more, if he borrows money it gets repaid the same week. He IS maturing but it is slow because of the pot. He is kind and loving, funny and generous, intelligent and insightful. He has also turned laziness into an art form and should be given a public grant !! :H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'ld like to join you all. Today is day 2 with the help of Antabuse. I'm so excited to be starting my journey AF. My husband still drinks, alot, but will be very supportive of me, when I tell him.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Working...
                                X