Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Wow, it took me so long to do that last post, I missed the last few posts.

Slay, your first post sounded like you were better, but I see you are still dealing with a LOT of very difficult stuff. It's the seemingly never-ending ones that are the most draining. For every two steps forward, it seems there are always at least one and a half steps back. I almost wish that the Mayans were right. Darn, no easy way out. Guess we just have to keep struggling forward......

I have to admit, I was kind of hesitant to even post that bumper sticker. Superstitious. I may even go back and delete it. LOL

Hi K9. "You'll never regret not drinking" and "A craving never lasts as long as a hangover". True words of wisdom that I call upon when feeling weak.

Lolab, hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.
    AF since 12/2/12
    http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters!

Day 10 here, double digits. I went AF 2 years ago for 10 days, then twice about a month ago for 2 days. That's it! So, tomorrow I break a record. I don't think I'll check in on roll call every day anymore, I want this to be the norm, not attached to a number.

I'll have to go back and read everyone's posts so I can see what 's up.

Have a GREAT AF DAY! I sure am. I love it!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

I feel better now...... deleted that bumper sticker quote. I must admit, it has bothered me since I posted it, like, don't tempt God.....I guess I'm more superstitious than I thought. Don't want to be a 'smart ass' when it comes to God.
        AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Overit,

Congratulations on day 10. You sound great! Have a wonderful day.
          AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

overit ..well done you on 10 digits!!!!!
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Who the heck has 10 digits?? Those dam Mayans again????
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay...yes, my egg definately got nogged....whew!!!! I will easily be able to pass on that stuff this year. I have gained back the 3 pounds I lost which is a bummer. I guess I can only use the excuse that french fries have medicial purposes for so long...

Almost Free, AL is a lot like that stray cat....as long as you feed it or give it attention it will be yours!!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing so well. I'm very proud of you...I also noticed your words of wisdom on another thread, it is so heartwarming to see you reaching out to help others, even when things sometimes look so bleak. Well done, on all fronts.

Soldier on, Nesters!! It's Friday! Did I miss K9's Pep Squad??? Story of my life...a cheerleader with no rally to pep up! Well, I'll quote Lav, that's always fun....first you must raise your index finger to the heavens...and say breathlessly (as the camera pans out and violin music plays) Friday....is JUST anotha day! B
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hahaha Byrdy!!:H

Lola - Hope you feel better.
                  Overit - Big congrats on breaking your own record! That must feel good!

Day 2 coming to an end. Feel a bit crappy, but its waaay better than hungover crappy!
                  12-20-2012 AF
                  Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Byrdie,

Wise words........ about both the cat and the alcohol. Thanks so much for the words of praise. I certainly can use them today. Feeling a bit down today......they really gave me a boost. Thanks.

Steady hands, congratulations on Day 2. Well done!
                    AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit , nice to break your own record, isn't it? Good job!!!

SH, hang in there, each day will be better as you know

Lola, sending you get well soon wishes!!!!!

I need to get back to baking duties, yes
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeehaw!!! Today is a good day. I'm feeling better than I have in the last couple weeks.

:goodjob:Overit! You are hangin tough!

Steady Hands...putting one foot in front of the other and soon she'll be walkin out the do ooo or! Christmas spirit I guess...cartoon song.

Hope you feel better soon, Lola. La la la la lola...

Brydie...how about an ice cream shake instead? Since it was the end of the world yesterday and I was feeling ick and cut off from my internet, I said, "well looks like a big bowl of ice cream". What the heck happened? Now I have extra weight and I'm still here.

Almost Free, I'm actually feeling good today. I started laughing yesterday, splurged on calories (EOW and all), put together a fact report on the incident and decided I am in charge of my life here. I'm done letting someone else ruin it. I do have a choice and I AM MAKING IT!!! They'll be rough moments, but I'm doing my best to pull myself up by my bootstraps and move forward with a list I just made with all things good. We have to get our minds off all the bad. God knows there is enough of it around this world and in some of our lives if that's what we obsess on. Ups and downs...I'll grab an up and run with it. Bet I can beat RC and Allan...nah nah nah...

To everyone else. Get your bat out and give AL a wack in the head.

Slay
                        Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Almost-I’m just amazed at your willpower. I could not do it. Congratulations. You should be so proud of yourself. I’m kind of tired of lemons myself.
                          Kuya-just the fact you were around yesterday afternoon allowed me to sleep and not stress over what I didn’t have done to prepare for the end.

Lav-I would not like that pea soup for sure.

SH-Ya on day 2. Glad you couldn’t “do it one more day” That’s how I was when it finally came time. I just couldn’t go through one more day of the crappy life AL was handing me. Enough was Enough! I hope you enjoyed your walk, take a deep breath and look through those clear eyes at the world around you. It’s awesome huh?

Rooni-we’re so close to our first Christmas AF. I’m excited, how about you?

Hippy- here, here! I’m enjoying my life! Everyday, I can’t wait to get up and feel good. It’s actually making me nicer towards others too. WTF?

K9-Hi. Everytime I was worried I was going to be pulled over I would have to do a quick inventory of what was in my truck. (I fortunately was never pulled over while drinking, go figure) One time, my husband had used one of his beer cans as an ashtray and it was in the dash. I pulled up to a cop voluntarily to talk to him and halfway through the conversation with him standing at my drivers window I realized it was there. He never said a word. When I’m clean I feel like saying “come on, make my day” and pull me over! Then of course I go with the hair flipping, etc.

Byrd & Lolab-sounds like you might be recouping? Glad it’s almost over but please don’t share, OK? Byrd-I can’t say I’ve ever had a bad egg, and I eat a lot. Maybe that’s why, they don’t have time to go bad?

I have to go and get this day finished for my 4 days off. I wish everyone a Healthy, Happy, AF Holiday season. (I'm dancing a happy dance)

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit..you are sounding so happy. It is just amazing how in such a short period of time one's whole outlook on life can make a 180* turn! You and your bag have come a long way in a short amount of time. We will ALL be right by your side as we head into the deep water of the holidays! If you have a weak moment, take off your bag and call me. I will PM you my number, or you can text me. I WILL not let you fall.
                            Stay strong everyone! XXOO, Byrdie
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrd. I appreciat all of your wisdom. I can tell you this, if I did drink, I would be so sick I wouldn't be able to pick myself up off the floor, I'm sure. The beauty of AB! My little white angel.

I was thinking this AM that I keep calling it my little white pill. That's what we called "white crosses" when I was in school thinking I was a big cool druggie. HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1429373 wrote: Jingles, did you have to mention vomit twice in the same message? Just kidding...(not really).:eeew: I hope you have a wonderful time on your spa retreat! It is exhausting to think of all the energy and time it takes to make AL #1 in your life
                                haha, sorry - I guess I just v***ted a lot when I was drinking.

Had a great time away. Lots of relaxation and eating. Felt good not to have a hangover yesterday morning. Even visited my other half's parents on the way. That would never have happened before as I would have been too ill and riddled with alcohol-induced anxiety to face anyone.

Hope everyone is doing well xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X