Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

thank you all so much for all the encouragement. I can't wait to get to a place where I am the one encouraging others all the time!! I try to do that, but I am being somewhat selfish in order to get sober. I read all of the posts. They make me laugh, cry, worry, empathize and think....think hard about what we are all doing. It is so wonderful....I am on a pink cloud today
    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1456130 wrote: thank you all so much for all the encouragement. I can't wait to get to a place where I am the one encouraging others all the time!! I try to do that, but I am being somewhat selfish in order to get sober. I read all of the posts. They make me laugh, cry, worry, empathize and think....think hard about what we are all doing. It is so wonderful....I am on a pink cloud today
      Hi Jenni we have to be selfish in order to beat this beast x We have to make being AF our first priority. You do whatever it takes.

So happy that you are on a pink cloud today

Keep strong:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

moni;1455974 wrote: I'm sad. I'm sad because I've discovered that some of the overwhelming emotions I've experienced over the years were not due to alcohol. Despite being over 80 days AF, I find myself completely overwhelmed with sadness, despair, loneliness, feeling useless and insecure. I had thought my new AF life would be a new chapter in my life, I had hoped but I haven't found that peace.

Ah Moni:l:l

Im really sorry to hear you're feeling like this. Are you still going to the counseller?

Over 80 days AF is brilliant, i hope you know drink wont make these emotions disappear or easier to deal-with but i think you do x

Wish i could be of more help to you but feel outa my depth, just know im thinking of you and sending you strength:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Tess-2
          Recently found this site. Happy to be here. Tend to be a bit of a loner, but realize that I need support to walk away from the bottle. Been addicted for five years, and have lost so much. Determined to make 2013 better. I need to become familiar with MWO. Looking for daily accountability, maybe? I am amazed by all of you!!

Hey Jen, I went back and found my first post on 12/31/12. A lot can happen in a month or two! Your day will come to support others. I wanted to give support right from the start. Once in a while I attempt to support others but I usually fall flat. Flat on my face. Fact is, I need to heal, to allow others to help me, to learn from those who have gone before me - before I am going to be of much help to anyone. So go ahead and be "selfish." That is: take care of yourself. Let others tend to your wounds. I highly recommend it. In the beginning of our sobriety it's like being in the Intensive Care Unit: we do not provide care for the nurses. We are barely hanging on. You, Jen, will walk out of the ICU, head lifted high, and will be a role model for others. Trust this precious process...
          Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
          pointed the way
          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, Jennie, once I got through my first 7 days I saw people come to the forum in such obvious pain and scared to death. The best I could and can do is to tell them what worked for me for those first few days and to repeat the advice the long-timers told me and others that I read and re-read over those first 7 days. The same will happen to you. You will get to a place where you start to feel stronger and happier and then someone will come into the forums and be so obviously in need of some warm words. But for now, you just be selfish and protect your quit.
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening friends,

Hi Moni, I am continually finding that the issues that I had drunk are still there sober, except all the alcohol related issues obviously. Also, my main way of dealing with them (drinking) is gone too. This can leave us adrift for a while. I'm so glad that you got 80 days AF! Please give yourself some time. You can now really begin to look at your own issues, without the crippling effects of drinking. Take a look at your plan. If you haven't found the peace, maybe you can make some peace. I really have to agree with Starfish here. I had some difficulty around that time too, maybe the "game" changing from more physical to more mental, or recurrance of drinking thoughts that I had believed were gone.

Jimmydama, welcome! Please tell us a bit about yourself and get comfortable.

Tess thanks for the chuckle about you being a "loner." I'm just not seeing it .
              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters! It looks like a pretty quiet day in the nest today. Maybe some folks are in Superbowl mode or just shut down Sunday. Not Slay. No sports and it's been another productive day! Feels good to not have AL leaving me in a vegetative state and depressed. The clarity of mind is so much better than the continual fog and confusion.

Hang tough, troops. It's worth it! Celebrate the ups with productivity and joy and push through the downs. If you need to close out for a bit and rest, do it! Things will wait until you come back alive.

Love,

Slay
                Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

I've walked by the Super Bowl on TV a few times Slay ~ that's about as close as I get to watching sports :H
                  Glad you had a good day, make it happen again tomorrow

It's 9:30 pm & I'm just going to read for a while then call it a day.
                  Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1456408 wrote: Good evening Nesters!

I've walked by the Super Bowl on TV a few times Slay ~ that's about as close as I get to watching sports :H
                    Glad you had a good day, make it happen again tomorrow

It's 9:30 pm & I'm just going to read for a while then call it a day.
                    Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest.
                    Lav
                    Goodnight, Lav. You are loved. Enjoy your read. I'm going to curl up with a book too. ~ :lilheart:

The man pulling radishes
                    pointed the way
                    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodnight nest!!
                      Thanks for giving me permission to be selfish for a little bit!! So, today my day 7 is over....feeling good about that but a bit scared about the future. I know I still have a lot of fight still to come but I think I am ready to tackle it this time!!

I am curling up with a book myself!! I am reading The Paris Wife....pretty good!! A novel about a woman and her relationship with Ernest Hemingway....I love novels that are sort of based on real life...i love memoirs too...
                      anyway, goodnight!!:h
                      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jen - It's alright to be a bit nervous about the future. We will hold you close to our hearts and life won't seem so scary. Everything looks better in the morning light. Enjoy your book. It sounds great. ~

Byrdie - Goodnight blessings to you. You are a gem! Thank you for holding me tight when I feel afraid, which is quite often.

Goodnight to All in The Nest. We are huddled together in Safety and Peace and Love. :soothe:

The man pulling radishes
                        pointed the way
                        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slaythefear;1456380 wrote: Evening Nesters! It looks like a pretty quiet day in the nest today. Maybe some folks are in Superbowl mode or just shut down Sunday. Not Slay. No sports and it's been another productive day! Feels good to not have AL leaving me in a vegetative state and depressed. The clarity of mind is so much better than the continual fog and confusion.

Hang tough, troops. It's worth it! Celebrate the ups with productivity and joy and push through the downs. If you need to close out for a bit and rest, do it! Things will wait until you come back alive.

Love,

Slay
                          Goodnight, Slay. You are a warrior who inspires All in The Nest. Sweet Dreams. ~ :chick:

The man pulling radishes
                          pointed the way
                          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello fellow nesters. Chances are everyone is in bed already. I always seem to miss the "posting hour".

I am happy that so many people who found the nest around the same time as I did are still hanging in the nest. I missed posting that on Feb. 2nd was three months for me. Ground Hog day! I am doing quite well.

I actually experiencing days where I don't think of Al at all other than to think, "Hey I didn't have an Al battle today." There is hope. Do I have the magic answer to anyone who is struggling? Nope. Other than, I was ready! I found MWO website and I told people! I can't stress this enough. Telling people keeps you accountable. Other times that I quit I didn't tell people, just in case I wanted to drink again. Not telling people keeps the door open. At first I just told people who I could trust with my feelings. Slowly I have told more people.

Tomorrow will be Monday for me. I have decided that before I go to be I am going to make a mental picture of what I want the day to look like, feel like and how I will feel when the day has come to an end. I am going to make Monday what I want it to be! Every decision I make will lead me to this vision of my good day. I will let you know how it worked.

Good night.
                            AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yawn...g'nite fellow nest buddies...wanted to write more, but the super bowl tuckered me out! least it was a sober one and tomorrow is day 10! wooo-hooo! I will catch up on what's been going on once morning comes...until then, xoxoxo.:h
                              "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All. I wanted to post to keep myself accountable. I have been hating myself so much in the past few days that I can't stand it! My brain will just not shut up and I feel as if I'm not living anymore. As I walk my dog in the countryside I am composing "goodbye" letters to my family. I don't think I would actually have the guts to do anything because I would never want to hurt my parents or my brother, but I still think about it. So instead I've been drinking. Hiding the AL from my husband. But he figures it out soon enough and finds it. He even took a bottle of my vodka to his parents house so that I would not drink it, but of course I found it over there and brought it home. I know I am using the AL to cover up my depression. I just need to be more accountable for my actions. Does anyone else keep a journal of accountability on MWO? Where should I start? This just might help, especially if I can go back and read posts like this one. Feeling like crap today because of the vodka. :upset:
                                Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Working...
                                X