Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Halfway...that's Dick Head talking (Addiction Head)...remember he wants you to fail...so he can live on another day. Bolster your plan and maintain a Zero Tolerance Policy!! Take the choice to drink off the table...it makes it EASIER! One drink isn't going to do any of us any good....all it does is rob you of progress. So plan to succeed and you will!

Subscribers get bigger inbox's and you can do more stuff like conduct polls and such. I think you get an email newsletter from Roberta Jewel? I think I saved a message about it, I will PM it to you...

Remember life is going to go on all around us, there will never be a time you can quit and not have temptations and functions to attend. This is where you have to plan...get your story (excuse) down pat. There will always be an excuse to drink if you want to find one! Try and visualize yourself at the thing you have to go to, so you won't be caught off guard. Have a plan for when someone shoves a drink in your hand....NO THANKS, maybe later, I'm feeling GASSY!! Bahahah...whatever the reason, but find one. Miss PrissyPants is NOT a reason to fall. Be in charge of your own glass! That takes any discomfort away and gives you something to do. Don't be the first to arrive! EAT before you go....all of these things can help you get thru the events that often come up. You can't sit at home forever, there will be a first time for everything...but have your plan in place and you will get stronger every time. The muscles you use get stronger! If I can do it, I know other Nesters can!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar......you are so right. Thanks!
      Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
      [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys - dropping into the nest as (again) as I'm back from a long weekend in which a LOT of AL was consumed - by me - and I am sick of it !! I haven't been on MWO for a couple of weeks - and my word, do I regret that :-( I wish some of you could just sit on my shoulder and guide me when the voice kicks in but I know I'm going to have to fine that inner strength to do this for me :-)
        Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Holy cow! I just checked out the roll call. Lots of good numbers being posted there.

Jenni-so close to 60, hang in there.
          Blossoms-4 days from a hat. I still wear mine under the bag.
          Welcom to Jet city.
          Pretty Tuip-you're in double digits!
          Sweetpea-almost 90 days, WOW!

Have a great AF day everyone. And get out for a walk, will ya'?

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Miley;1483244 wrote: Checking in to the nest today. Yesterday didn't go too well for me. We found out our puppy who is 12 weeks old has a birth defect and we will more than likely have to put her down. So what did I do? Drown my sorrows in wine. I came to the realization this morning that there was no benefit to doing that. It only made thing worse. So I'm on day 1 again but determined to keep moving forward.
            Oh Miley I am so sorry about the situation with your puppy, I am a huge lover of dogs. As you found out for yourself there was, is, are,and will NEVER EVER be any benefits in "trying" to drown out your sorrows via alcohol. It does, and always will make things worse. Unfortunately many of us have found that out the hard way. . I find that I am able, and do handle and experience my emotions in a much healthier and more productive way without alcohol. You've got this I know you do.
            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
            ~Author Unknown
            AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Questy - will you be my quit buddy?
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DAYUM has 30 days today!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dayum;1483378 wrote:
                  Dayum - Day 30

Congratulations, Dayum

You did that so quietly - what a great surprise it was to see this in roll call! You should be PROUD!

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quest -

The times I've "slipped" also coincide with the times I withdrew from MWO...coming here A LOT will give you strength. You'll think of things you've read or posts you've made, and somehow it will just "stick". I know Lav's avatar of her chicken Stella always pops into my head. That chicken can be mean if you cross her...so don't cross her! LOL Pick yourself up and start over...we're here for you!
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dam, Dayum...you snuck that one right in on us....I knew you were getting close! On behalf of the entire Newbie's Nest, I hope you'll accept this Hat.

:goodtime:

Small and unassuming, it may be, but what this hat represents is HUGE. In our world, this is a real milestone. You came here, made a decision and stuck to the PLAN. The whole nest is a -buzz with joy for you.
                      Would you have a few words for our SuperNewbie's as to what you've learned and how you did it? Well done!! Byrdie
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

To our very own Lav....4 years today!!!
                        This is the first award of its kind...THE STELLA AWARD!!!

:chick:

This is for the Chick that has it going on!!! 4 years of not only getting sober herself, but helping countless others find his/her way, too. I'm one of them! This is for pecking sense into our thoughtless, tiny pointed heads...for scratching for words to help us out of the pen of addiction. Yes, in our world this is most eggscellent ...You are a shining example of what this forum is all about...getting help and giving it back. I am so happy for you...and can't wait until I get my STELLA!! I don't know anyone that I admire and respect more than you!! I'm scrambling for words.... XXOO, Byrdie
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H Scrambling for words :H-
                          ya done pretty good there, byrdie!

Wow, Lav, I think the Stella award is the cutest one we've got...and it definitely goes to a cute chick! Thanks again for all the support you give to us and Congrats on the four years!!! Amazing work!

Dayum, dayum, dayum!!!! Woot, woot, woot!!!
                          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congraulations, LAV!!!!
                            I am checking in because I am on Day 3 and that voice is starting to say, "Oh, how fun to have a beer (LMAO - yeah righ A beer) while you cook supper"
                            Help

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1483449 wrote: Congraulations, LAV!!!!
                              I am checking in because I am on Day 3 and that voice is starting to say, "Oh, how fun to have a beer (LMAO - yeah righ A beer) while you cook supper"
                              Help
                              Have a snack WHILE you are cooking......this period of the day was always my Achilles heel....my brain chose to drink rather than eat........habit ICAN, just habit !

Comment

Newbies Nest

And Dayum........well done, quietly done

Lav .....you are a star of so many stages today ....... I feel like paparazzi ! :H:H

Comment

Working...
                                X