Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Great post TJAF!! Your view of the world when drinking and not is so true. Life is grand as you say and we all deserve the opportunity to see and experience that. I look forward to viewing the fog from a distance. I will probably feel the same way as about the fact that I ever smoked cigarettes. After being nicotine free for 25 years I truly have no idea of why I ever smoked. Guess it seemed like a good idea at the time. Thanks for the encouraging post. Enjoy your grand life!!! You deserve it as well as a huge congratulations for your achievements ~~ all the best to you ~ Hyper

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, TJAF, great post and congratulations on your AF time. The AF world is a better place to be. Gratitude is such a powerful thing. Kudos to you!
      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya, all. Still plugging away here - and as a longtime Douglas Adams fan I'm pretty stoked to be on Day 42. *chuckles*

I didn't plan it that way, but I'm alright with it being Day One of the cig quit as well. For those concerned about the ecigs, I'll mention that we do also have gum and patches here at the house now. If I've learned nothing else from this site it's been to be more open to listening to advice from others. I'll be careful and keep an open mind about other things that might help, is I think what I'm saying; and I appreciate the kind words of support.

Smokes are another thing that I know from last time I have to get them all out of the house to even start a quit though; so glad I ran out last night. Already a bit less coughy this morning - I was starting to smoke more than I liked as "compensation" for AL. Glad I'm trying to follow through on when I said I'd look at my smoking if/when that happened.

Tatahi - You've come to a wonderful place here in the Nest. I never could have stopped drinking if not for the support and advice I got here. My best advice is to 100% commit to quitting and then stay close here; read lots and post lots. The "old timers" have so much wisdom to share from having been through it themselves and from watching all us newer folks for so long. Glad you're here and sending support!

Kensho - Thanks so much - and it feels that way, yes. It sounds morbid, but it's like a part of me finally decided I'm not ok anymore with killing myself slowly. I'm not sure when the click happened since just a week or so ago I threw away a lot of my old quitting aids thinking "Well, may as well, I won't be quitting smoking anytime soon!" (Ooops! That's why I had to prepare some before starting this up.) I'm not always in the best mood lately, but at least I know I want to live. Also so glad your birthday went so well and you're also seeing some really nice changes in your life. I'm going to remember that "One day at a time" thing, too!

TJAF - Thanks for popping in with that wonderful post; and congrats to you!

Off to get some food and start doing the "post-cig" cleaning. (Getting rid of ashtrays, general cleaning so I can see how much nicer the place is without the smoke and ash sticking to everything, burn some incense etc.) Hope everyone has a great AF day!
        I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
        AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

test

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon!
            Now I see I have some red bars under my avatar, a mystery as to why??
            As if getting a new work computer and website here weren't enough, my personal email was hacked last night, so I am now dealing with changing my passwords! Dang, when it rains it pours on a girl!
            Tatahi, welcome aboard! Read and Post was the best advice I got when I came in. There is 7 years of history around here, even in this thread alone! We are glad you're here!
            LavB, good luck on your non smoking campaign!
            Hope everyone has an easy day, xo, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello fellow nesters, late day check from me but hope everyone is doing well….

LavB- Best wishes on the quitting smoking. I don’t/haven’t smoked before (besides a pretty decent brisket I will say) but have friends and family members who have tried quitting and I hear it is very hard, especially if you are giving up other things (AL) as well. It takes a very dedicated and strong person, but from what I have read from your posts…..you CAN do it (like Byrdie's avatar says).

Stay strong everyone
              “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just finished a long day painting the house outside in some glorious fall weather. Several times during the day beer came to mind. Have one when you're day is done. Well I'm done and glad I have 4 days almost under my belt b/c no freakin' way I'm reaching for a beer....... progress feels good!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Busy girl here but a sober one. Trying to catch up on things. One trick i have been doing is going to bed early. Once I brush my teeth and hop in and tell myself how great that coffee is going to taste. Sorry I am so bad at posting, kids are always looking over my shoulder. Whatcha doing???? My husband is controlling and never gives me a moment's peace when I am on the computer. Oh well. I will miss the kids when they are grown. Have a great sober night......but best of all that beautful hangover free morning!

Comment

Newbies Nest

So Byrd your bitch bar is rising too, good to see. i do wonder why we have it but after the week i am having mine should be off the radar.

TJAF great work on one year and a huge congratulations. Thanks for the memories and thank god that is what they are now. Waking up without a hangover is my "new normal".

Hyper, even now after 9 months i can be doing stuff and think "oh a wine would be nice" and then i think wtf did that come from. I only started listening to my "drinking music" a month or so ago. That was hard but all good now. One thing i have learnt is not to put pressure on myself and to take it one day at a time.

My week at work has been hell on wheels, no one here to do any work and thats quite difficult working in a hospital and providing a service to patients. Not my problem is what i think. I am here to do a job. Before i would have been stressing to the max and just tonguing for that wine after work as i deserved it after the day i had. Now i deserve a nice walk and a cold water and to enjoy life as it should be lived.
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ava, everything I have touched today has gone to he-- in a handbag! My email getting hacked was just icing on the cake!
                      I wish I could make my font bigger with my posts here. I check in while watching TV at night and it is hard to see these microscopic fonts!
                      All Ive done today is complain, SORRY! Now where's that LIKE button?
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;n2514266 wrote: Ava, everything I have touched today has gone to he-- in a handbag! My email getting hacked was just icing on the cake!
                        I wish I could make my font bigger with my posts here. I check in while watching TV at night and it is hard to see these microscopic fonts!
                        All Ive done today is complain, SORRY! Now where's that LIKE button?
                        Byrdie I'm not sure if you're on a Mac or a PC. I'm on a Mac. To make my font bigger I can press the Command key and the + key at the same time. I think you can do the same thing on a PC by typing the Control key and the + key at the same time, or it might be Shift and +. Give it a try. And whatever works, the same key and the - key will make it smaller again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Fly - I completely forgot about emptying the trash :H
                          I'll do that now, thanks!

Byrdie & Ava, what is it with those bitch bars anyway? I don't seem to have any

TJ, glad you stopped in to remind everyone why we want to travel this AF path

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest! Hang on in case the ride gets bumpy!!
                          I'm going to empty my trash now 7 see if I can get the PMs going again.

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am on an Ipad, Fly, what button do I 'mash' for that?
                            (the Clampets get online!).
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2 AF, I'm doing so well, a glass of wine sounds really great right now. groan. I got some things done even though the Topa makes me feel weird: tired/wired...? I think I will pick up some Glutamine tomorrow and start with the hypnotherapy tonight. On the bright side, the headache went away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, I was finally able to receive a PM but I couldn't figure out how to REPLY to it!? (I feel so stooopid).
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X