Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

morning all, day 3 for me this time round. Determined to be AF this weekend, got the grandkids coming to stay on Sunday and want to be alert and fit to have loads of fun.
    Weather not looking good though so we might be bowling and going to the cinema. Very miserable for UK summer though - typical.
    Anyway busy Friday ahead of me, have a good day everyone.
    Talk later
    Sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone - sorry I haven't been able to be here. Hope that everyone is doing ok and hanging in there. I am - yesterday it was by the my fingernails but today was better. :H Kids will be going home tomorrow so I know that I'll be lonely. So prepare yourselves for some long winded ummm I mean interesting remarks.
      Almost midnight....I must go to bed. Welcome to all the new nesters. This is the best nest you could have ever landed in. Everyone will be taking you under their wings and helping you learn to fly. :welcome:
      Talk to you all tomorrow!!!!!!
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evenin' Nesters!

It's only 8:30pm here but I am cactus! Kids kept me up alot last night and then work kept me running today...have only just got the kids to bed too. So am going to add this post,maybe watch 10mins of TV to chill out and then seek my lovely bed (ah bliss!)

Had a bit of a shocker day at work,so had a random thought of a drink, but was so tired that couldn't even be bothered with that!plus just kept thnking about the busy day ahead tomorrow and how I don't want to be hungover to deal with it.

NoraC...how are you going?:l I am still feeling a little fragile, but you good people are great reinforcment with twigs and kind words!And be as long winded as you like..cause I certainly am :H

Sooty hope your time with the Grandkids goes well and that the weather holds out!

Tranq weekends are hard for me too..cause that is when hubby has a few drinks and we try to relax!But he rarely get's hungover or sick from it (ex-navy)

Saving- please be careful!I am worried for your health and am hoping you will get some medical supervision if you get any worse!

Lav-hope the granddog-sitting is fun and in no way painful! Now that will require some energy I'm sure!

How goes it Chops, Sea ,Prancy and Sunny? :h

Girlhero-what are you feeling? Are you doing better now or still anxious? Keep 'peeping' to us! We are listening!

bar- willpower.....?????If you find some can you send some my way
        Hope I haven't forgotten anyone!
        Have a good weekend Nest dwellers!
        Chicken

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Hope everyone was comfortable enough in the nest overnight

Saving Grace, hope you are well this morning. Hang in there, the insomnia will ease up as time goes on. It took quite a while for me to develop a decent sleep pattern after going AF.

Wow TranqWilly, 10 days for you, WTG! Keep yourself as busy as possible this weekend. Try to find places to go where AL is not a big focus

Chicken Sooty & NoraC, hope you are feeling strong today and determined. Check back in frequently over the weekend if you need support. I practically lived on this site for the first few weeks. I still check in frequently regardless of the way I'm feeling. I always know I can get or give a little support.

Wishing you all a great AF day!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning nesters....this really is a good comfortable place to come and just hang out. It's such an inspiration to watch everyone on their own journey.

I went to the doctor yesterday....just wansn't feeling right....couldn't sleep well and just haven't been myself for awhile. In a depressed lethargic mode. I blamed it on quittting smoking which could be one factor but I also quit drinking right before that. So she changed my meds some and told me to take Melatonin for sleep and it really did help. I have been so sensitive to wake up at any little noise...haven't slept with hubby in a long time. So I"m feeling hopeful things will get better...I just don't want to give up when I have came this far. I also started taking L-glutamine because I started craving sugar and starches more. So much changed for me chemically when I gave up those bad habits. But since I have drank and smoked for 30+ years I kind of expect something.
            Lavande...didn't realize you were dealing with insomnia too. Have you tried the Melatonin? Thanks for the strength you have shown and given me.
            For all you that are struggling....hang in there and don't give up...it can be done ...one day at a time.
            Wishing you all a great AF weekend...

Sunnydaz
            quit date: AF since Feb.6, 2009
            NF since March 23, 2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm back...I've made zero, if not negative progress since I was last here, so not much to report. Sleep deprived, hung over, fat - the usual. Slept in my contact lenses, which are not that kind. And my underwire bra, slept being my euphemism for 'passed out.' Need to CRANK out some work today or I am F-ed.

I don't think anyone answered my question about the CD's - are the apparently-newer abstinence ones better than the originals? Thanks
              ~%~%~%~ :new:
              It's never too late to be what you could have been
              check out what I'm up to when I'm not drunk: http://mangosteenjewelry.etsy.com

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Sunny,

I've used Melatonin off & on for years. This past winter, when I was beginning my journey here, I moved on to a product called Mellodyn. It's a combination product with melatonin, lemon balm, valerian, passion flower & chamomile - works great!! I buy it online, they have a good website: MELLODYN | Natural Sleep Remedy | Herbal Insomnia Cure
                I highly recommend it, no hangovers

Have a good weekend one and all!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fernanda,

Welcome back!
                  I believe I did respond to your previous question. I've used the original set of CDs and am now 4+ months AF.
                  If you truely have a desire to quit drinking, I believe either set will help you.

Best wishes.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Lav! Sorry I missed your reply.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Peeps! 'Just doing a quick fly-by to say hello. I haven't visited the nest in a while and it's good to see my old twig-mates, Choppers, Lavande, Sunshine, Sea, and everyone, and WOW it's great to see all the newbies. I;ve read through some of your posts, and you're doing SO well. Fernanda, I took a quick hop to your web site, and your jewelry is gorgeous! Good luck to all, and hi to Pops & G if you're still around!
                      "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow.
                        Thanks guys. Your thoughts, acknowledgments and existence means alot!
                        I am now in a good space, better known as the calm before the storm....
                        Happy, excited for life, and gee, wouldn't a glass of wine be so cozy and nice.
                        GAH!!
                        So much is happening every day it is hard to keep track.
                        I'm shockingly productive, but also surprised I don't get even more done. (am I not superhuman when sober??)
                        My mood has balanced and my mind is clear, but that usually leads to an itch for excitement.
                        My fiance (SO/partner/man of my dreams) seems to be less frantically worried and more proud of me now... so really, what would be better then to have a few..oops, go through a whole weekend AF?
                        fingers crossed!!!
                        :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks!

Thanks, lil bit! I would make more of it if I wasn't getting drunk every night. :teeter:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have missed you LilBit, how have you been?

girlhero, you sound good but don't lose sight of your goal, OK? You & your fiance stay proud

Fernanda, I love your jewelry, looks like you've done well on Etsy. Love the Team picture too
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello fellow nesters
                              Sorry that I have not been around much. I have been very busy. I also have a new BF who is keeping me busy.lol. Where has Papa Renewal been? Nice to see you Lilbit. I hope that all are well. If I take the Travel Nursing job out in Dallas, I will here alot. I do not know anyone out there. I am still interviewing here in NH, so have not signed on the dotted line yet. Sending strength to all.
                              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Lavande!

Comment

Working...
                                X