Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

just started am on day 2 antabuse and day 3 af. Nice to wake without a hangover for a change.
    I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Birdlings!

Had a good night, then? Well done!

Fig... yikes... double vision is no good for driving... please listen to Lav and Tranq. Like I mentioned before, this weekend will be a bit of a challenge for me as well, but I'm planning on simply saying... "I don't drink. It just doesn't agree with me anymore."

Well, I hope to be getting some serious work done.. I've got this doozie of a job (which I wish I hadn't taken on) and it's been an uphill battle. Let's see if I can get somewhere with it today

Have a grand AF Thursday, everyone!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Since it's so quiet this evening - I'm closing up this end of the nest!
        Made a bit of progress in my jungle garden today, so much more to do. Finally getting around to harvesting & freezing the basil. Love the smell of fresh basil

Raven.joy hope day 2 was good for you.

Sunni, hope you got some work done today too

Have a safe night everyone!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! What a great night I had. On my way home from the school open house I considered picking up a bottle of wine but then I thought about what someone said on one of these forums about how we have two paths in front of us. One is easy and familiar and the other is like scaling a very steep and rocky mountain. Since I am somewhat competitive I decided to challenge myself and take the climb. Besides, it was 8:15 pm and I was exhaused from laying on the couch all yesterday crying (just basic emotional feeling sorry of oneself stuff, blah, blah, blah). Anyway, it was SO NICE to get home to visit with the kids and goof around with them. By 9:00 PM I had my jammies on and we were all in our beds reading by 9:30. Now THAT'S my goal in life! I slept well, until around 4:30 or 5:00 when I woke up and tossed & turned, but I can handle that. Ohhhhhhhh it feel's good to have a clear head in the am!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah Fig! I love the mountain climbing metaphor -- you can do this!!! I was awake at 4:30am today and tried to convince myself to get up and go to the gym, but I lost that argument, rolled over and fell asleep again. So not a morning person.

Hi Raven. Good job on day 3 af. Keep it going.

Good luck on your project Sunni.

I had some internet troubles while posting last night - hope you all have a great day!

TW
            Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday morning Nesters!

Another beautiful morning in this end of the nest. Just loving this weather, it energizes me

Fig & Raven, you both sound great! Keep up the good work, you'll never be sorry, things will keep getting better & better for both of you.

Tranq, I freak when my internet access is less than perfect! I depend on it for everything including my home based business.

Sunni, how's the work going?

Have a great AF day everyone, I'll be back later
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

TGIF!

Morning fluffy ones!

Sorry I didn't check in last night anymore... wasn't really in the mood for much.
                My mom is back in ICU - and they really don't know what's wrong. It seems as if oxygen to the brain gets cut off. Not good. My dad wanted to fly her home (Germany) but she's not stable enough.

On the upside, that monster of a job FINALLY got propelled in the right direction yesterday - been struggling with that for over a month. I was at it from 10am until 9:30pm with a 45minute break to go to the store and about another 1/2 hour making/eating dinner. So, my brain was just fried by the end of the day.

But... it couldn't have been done, had I not been AF - so there

I won't be checking in for a few days; we're heading out on the boat tonight until Monday (long weekend here) - so behave yourselves and take good care!

:l to all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok, gang, I'm heading out... won't be around for a few days.

Just got off the phone with my dad... mom is in induced coma... there are heart and lung problems :upset:

Wishing better news and a nice weekend on you guys!

Comment

Newbies Nest

:l Sunni...so sorry to hear your mom is still in poor health. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time. :l

Hello to all other Nesters. I have finally made it through all the funerals for my family. Now, I can come and be a regular part of the nest. I have certainly missed you all!

Talk to you all real soon

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

My thoughts & prayers are with Sunni tonight, tough situation with her Mom.stay with us!

Chops, glad you are though your tough times, you have been in my thoughts as well. Brighter days are ahead.........

To our newest nesters Raven & Fig, hope your day went smoothly.

Tranq, I imagine you'll check in at some point......afterall you have been a regular. Hope your day was good too

I'm calling it a night here, have lots to do tomorrow.
                      Hope everyone has a safe night and a terrific AF long weekend.
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Monring the Nest!

How is everyone? Hello to our Newbies!
                        Apologies for being a bit absent of late, things going on at home! But all is ok and I am still AF..which is a wonderful feeling!

Sunni- I am so sorry to hear about your Mum! Are they doing further investigations? Hope that things improve, and wishing you a nice boating weekend..try to relax if you can!
                        Chops- glad you are ok! Good to see you back and still AF! :goodjob:
                        Lav- how often do you get to have your 'little man' Grandson? What adventures are you getting up to this weekend?
                        Tranq- I used to watch AFL, but have not since having the kids! Plus my team West Coast Eagles have not done much in the last 5 years, so although I am still a devoted fan...I observe their progress from a distance now!Hope all is good with you?
                        Fig and Raven- are you using the drinktracker? I am finding it a great device to see my progress and also to be able to notice any patterns in the use of AL. So far September has been AF for me...and I love filling in those zeros!!!!!!Satisfaction plus!!!!
                        To all the rest, have a good one and stay strong and determined in whatver you do!
                        This little Chook has to go take her 4 yr old swimming now..urgh! But hey, it's all exercise I am thinking!
                        Will check in later!
                        *cluck*
                        Chicken

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning nesters, sorry I've been missing - I slipped from my branch to do a bit of celebrating with my daughter who's just passed a big exam but I'm back in the tree now and safe in the nest.
                          Hope everyone is doing well and keeping strong. Sunni hope you have a good weekend sailing and that there's some positive news about your mum soon.
                          Take care all. Back later xxxxxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning to all my fine feathered friends!

Managed well last night -- had a pizza and A glass of wine with a lady friend. A pleasant evening. Wedding tonight - a challenge to maintain control, but I'm hoping to stick to my plan.

Chicken and everyone, glad to hear you're doing well - AF-ly that is... Sunni, we're thiinking about you and praying for mom again.

Take care!
                            Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters,

How's everyone this morning? Looking at another dry, sunny day here, love it

Chicken, you sound good - keep on clucking!!

Sooty, you are in the driver's seat, right??

Tranq, you sound like a guy in control, good for you. Enjoy the wedding today, remember your plan, you'll do OK!

I'm dog sitting the 'Insanity Twins' just for the day, cooking outside (burgers, chicken) (sorry Chicken!!) and crawling around after a 9 month old. The little man is very fast on his hands & knees these days

Fig & Raven, how are you?

Wishing everyone a safe AF Saturday, will check in later.
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav, no more weather reports till it starts raining with you ok? lol ... its so grey and cold here you'd think it was the middle of winter.
                                I'm driving the bus and we're playing beatles music today - any requests?

Comment

Working...
                                X