Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone, it's my first post here,I havee benn writing on the other thread's tho, I have had 2 AF night's so far and I am still waking up with a thumping headache, any suggestion#s anyone? I have a lovely and rare day of me time today so I am going to make load's of chutney and some fresh bread,maybe even manage some yoga, I have to go to town tho and I am worried I will end up buying a bottle , I really don't want to, sound's so easy doesn't, just don't do it, but it is SO HARD.
    Queen, you are having a hard time, I was 50 2 year's ago and like you thought there was only old age anf death to look forward to, I still get really scared an depressed sometimes, but then I see people like Joanna Lumley and think maybe it's not so bad, I don't feel or look 52 so what does it matter,sorry if I am waffling, and also posting almost the same thing on different thread's but it's so nice to tell people how I really fell about everything, hope ypu all ahve a peaceful day, will remember you all when I go to town and try to sat strong, love to all Tawny.
    Twitch

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just wanted to drop in an' say hello. This 'nest' seems to me to be a place I can relax for a moment. I have been struggling with alcohol misuse and abuse for years now. Recently, I thought I was gaining control in my struggle, only to spiral out of cotrol again.

Already, in just browsing for a little while, I have found some strength and hope as well as some info that I didn't know. I might just stick around for a while..
      I am not a cucumber!

Comment

Newbies Nest

just read thru my last posting here, how many typo's are there? I was not 502 year's ago, tho it feel's like it sometimes, lol, my rare day of peace has not happened, child number 6 has just appeared with a very sore throat,at least it mean's I won't get into town today so no temptation to buy a bottle, I will really need one tonight tho after a day of nursing!!
        Twitch

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning tawny and prpl, :welcome: make yourselves comfortable in the nest, lots of friendship and support here. I'm in a big hurry so gotta dash hope to see you later
          love to lav, sunni and all to come
          sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcomerpl

make yourself comfy,nestle in,have a good read around the posts. Lovely safe place you've found here.

Tawny, like most mothers here we all worship at the shrine of the inventor of Calpol.

Love Jackie xxx
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

you know ,one of the saddest thing's was when I realised I had to buy calpol 6 plus, my babies were all growing up!
              Twitch

Comment

Newbies Nest

saddest time was when I took the child locks off and removed the stair gates.

they were 19 & 20.

J x
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters!
                  Tired lil chook here, but happy and all! Been busy foraging for party food..found some good scraps at my 2 yr old's Playgroup end of term party today!!! Will save them for you okay!
                  Welcome all Newbies! This Nest rocks!
                  Tawny &Jackie- we've only just sold the cot and change table...baby has moved into a big girl's bed *sob sob* this summer we toilet train *whimper*, oh where has that little baby gone?
                  Luv Ya's
                  Chicken

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Waking up to some fog but it should clear up. I have been really enjoying the pre-Fall weather here!

Welcome Tawnywitch, glad to see you here. Pull up a comfy twig & settle in with us. Hope your youngster is feeling better soon - do you really have 6 kids??? Wow, that's a handful! Looks like you have many, many good reasons to not pick up that bottle today.

Welcome to Prpl as well! Have you read the MWO book yet and made your plan?

Tawnywitch & Prpl - take a look in the Tool Box in the Monthly Abstinence section. It's full of good ideas to help you make your plan.

Hi To Sooty & JC! Good to see you as always!
                    Somehow over the weekend I became a Senior Member Wasn't even paying attention when I went over 1000 posts! I just remain to be happy, AF & moving forward!

Wishing everyone a great Monday, will check in later.
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Chicken,
                      We cross posted
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi lav- guess what this is day 30!
                        Chicken

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nestlings!

Raiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnn here (wow, buckets!) but we actually really needed it.
                          Tawny and Prpl.. welcome! Do make yourselves at home and relax for a bit!

Ummm... ladies.. pardon my ignorance.. but what's Calpol??? Suppose I could google it....
                          Mr. Wonderful and I were talking Saturday night by the campfire... and I mentioned just how eventful and emotional this past year has been... one of the happenings being my 18year old daughter moving out and off to college. I'm really not quite ok with that yet. I'm proud and happy for her, but I miss her and it somehow just don't seem right yet.

Congrats, Lav.. you're now officially a chatter box! :H I was thinking of you this morning as I was cutting down some spent plants in the garden... "Lav's been cleaning up her garden... she would be disgusted to see this!" LOL

Sooty, our trusted driver... all is well with you???

JC.. :H they were 19 and 20????

Chickiedoo... don't whimper please! They do grow up too fast, though... I agree.

Ok, I better get my rear end in motion (not true, actually... just need to plant it here and focus on WORK) - will check back with all of you later!

Have a great AF day - hugs to all!
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

x-post Chicken

:wd: 30 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:
                            Bloody well done, my fine feathered friend!!!!
                            :l
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ta Sunni! Much appreciated! Quietly stoked here !
                              Chicken

Comment

Newbies Nest

calpol is junior paracetamol in the uk, well done getting to 30 day's, the future seem's to spread out too far sometimes and I panic big time, but then I go back to the odat and feel grounded again, thank's to everyone here it is so nice to drop in and chat,
                                Twitch

Comment

Working...
                                X