Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Sooty,

Now go wash your mouth out with soap. and don't let on what a shag pile is.

J x
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Humpday is just Wednesday here Sooty - the middle of the work week!
      I'm afraid there's nothing more too it. You obviously were thinking of something else??????
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well you learn something everyday! I never heard of humpday before - I shall use it from now on whenever I get the opportunity ... oops whatever I say now seems to have double meanings!!
        Anyway I had a good humpday, hope you all had a good one too!
        Sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.

Good one Jackie - but soap washing isn't necessary until we can google up what 'shag pile' means.

Sooty, the hump is in the middle of the week. Once you get over the hump it's all downhill to the weekend. That's the origin I think. But I agree with Grateful - it's a good day to have sex too.

T's, like Lav said we all deal with that loneliness aspect when we give up the brews. For me it is very difficult to avoid the old gang, or cut out early to avoid the excess. It is great to know that there are others who feel the same way and understand the way I think about a lot of things. Your being at this for four months with just two 'blips' is fantastic. You really shouldn't get too stressed about those blips - think about all the good you have done for yourself! Great job. Hope you'll stick around a while.

Take care everyone.
          tw
          Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening everyone,

Hmmm, shag pile. I know what shag is, so I'm guessing...orgy? Do tell JC.

Just wanted to stop by and say hi and hope it was a good day for everyone.

Have a good evening.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nesters, Nesters, Nesters,

My apologies for getting us off topic today - it really was an accident
              JC, I Googled shag pile - eeewww.....

Anyway, hope you all had a good day, I did!
              Tomorrow is the middle of the month already, can you believe it?
              I think we've had some serious success here with our newest fledglings, they rock

I'm closing up my end of the nest, feeling weary & a bit chilly.
              I'll leave the night light on as usual.
              Have a safe night one & all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings, Nestlings!

As I'm rolling up to my end of the nest (belated Thanksgiving dinner on smaller scale - but still, I ate more than I would in a week) I hope you all had a great hump day. Whatever activity you chose I got next to nothing done work wise with cooking and baking and whatnot - oh well, tomorrow is another day, I suppose.

Night night, birdies... I need a serious nap - like an 8 hour nap. Chirp at ya in the morning
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I, too, am curling up with my coziest twig. Went to an AA mtg tonight and found it quite good, maybe with the support here and there, I just might make it past day 2. Cripes!! hope all the birdies stay warm and sleep well.
                  Talk to you tomorrow.
                  P
                  Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Feeling real tired and sleepy today, don't know why, maybe been have some sleepless nights or maybe just because i stop smoking today. Whatever it is, i will not give up.
                    AF today

Comment

Newbies Nest

Speaking of Shag-pile!

I went to a place once and they had vivid green shag-pile carpets on their walls!
                      How biazarre!
                      Chicken

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Thursday morning Nesters,

Ugh, looking at several days of rain & high winds in these parts for the next few days! I don't like being cold & wet - better plug in a space heater for some warmth in the nest.

Hi Chicken, good to see you! We're not going to do anymore dirty talking today. I'm still smoothing my feathers from yesterday, ha ha!

Milly, glad to see you hanging in. I hope your AA meeting was helpful to you.

lovemylife, good to see you as well. The sleepless nights & tiredness will pass. Be sure that you are eating well, taking a good multi-vit - it helps, hang in there

Sunni, hope you have deflated from your holiday meal! It's hard to get airborne on a full stomach & we're due down at chicken's place pretty soon
                        I'm sending you all kinds of hope, faith & strength to help you deal with everything going on right now! I'm pretty darn sure that you will come thru it all unscathed because you are a strong bird. Stay close, we are with you!

Well, I'm wishing everyone a great Thursday, I'll check in later.
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Lav!

Okay then *chook blushes* I shall be a good,well behaved chicken!

It's getting hot and windy here,anyone care to join the beach party in WA? Howabout all those Newbies? Are you guys heading south? Like I said, just bring some worms and slugs and maybe some seed!
                          Sunni! How you doing girl? Hope all is well?
                          Sooty- luv ya!
                          Beag's-where you at girl?
                          Tranq- how come you don't flirt with me? urgh ;( (hehe)
                          Finding- are you still diving?how are things?
                          Newbies- one and all- this wee Chook is somehwat sporadic lately so please forgive me! But please know that I am here in spirit and heart!
                          Luv Chicken
                          *clucking like mad*

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok if wednesday is humpday is Oct 15 humpmonth? Have I got the right idea yet??
                            Chicken lovely to see you - glad that you're behaving yourself, doesn't do to upset grandma :H
                            Sunni you've got lots on your plate right now, keep strong my friend I'm sure things will come right soon.
                            Milly I'm glad you enjoyed the AA meeting - if it helps do it that's my philosophy!
                            Lovemylife, Beags, Tranq,Finding, hope you're all doing ok
                            And Lav - what would we do without you? Just keep being yourself.
                            See you later
                            Sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sooty!

You rock as always!

Can I request some Fleetwood Mac on the bus please?
                              Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning birdies,

Sooty - humpmonth - thanks for the first laugh of the day!

Chicken - still diving. You got me started on my first 3 pearls and today is day 20!!

Milly - glad you are getting good support through AA, too. Keep plugging away with us.

lovemylife - looks like big plans ahead. Good luck and get lots of sleep if that's what your body wants.

Lav - stay warm and dry - it's looking a bit gloomy here too.

Tranq, Sunni, JC, BBBB(where are you?), and everyone have a wonderful day.

I'm off to work shortly, will check in later peeps.

Comment

Working...
                                X