X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters,

Just saying good night.
    Was called on for last minute babysitting tonight...........

Have a safe night everyone!
    Lav

PS: Sunni, be well
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello the Nest!

Have just read back over all your posts....feel......thankful for you all REALLY ALOT!

Finding & LadyJan..your words made me feel good when I didn't think it possible right now!
      Open,Lav,Tranq,Sunni,Sooty..everyone..I am still not back to where I was, but there is definately some processing happening here!

The worst thing about this whole feeling is that I can't put my finger on it..if I could I would know how to 'remove' it or fix it..but the melancholy is kind of....tranfixing!

In saying that, my wonderful friends, I AM okay...I will get back to being AF and also happy again..this is just a blip..another lesson to learn,another hill to climb..afterall.life is about the journey,not the end result!

I am a born worrier,a born empath and probably somewhat neurotic! Thus when things get me down, I slide for awhile! But the good thing is that I 'know' that I actually am strong enough. I am a very lucky person..and I know that! And dang it...after childbirth, near on anything is do-able!!!!!!

Thanks again,I am here,just licking a few wounds is all!:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Ms Chicken............you're not clucking yet but so happy you have returned
        I understand your statement about bein a born worrier, etc. - I am too! Haven't you noticed a lot of us like that in our chosen profession? We need to move YOU up to the front of that worry list, let everyone else be second in line! The care giver HAS to take care of herself first or she just burns out........right?

Well, the weather is somewhat overcast here, rain moving in later. Have some work to do this morning then ? for the afternoon..........maybe a nap

Have a great Friday one & all, I'll check in later.
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav!

I know you understand!

Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone and good to see you Chook - melancholy is a funny thing, don't know where it comes from or where it goes but go it most certainly will. Just hang on in there and talk to us cos we are the best!!
            Its cold and wet in my corner of the nest so its just me and the dog as Mr S at the pub watching sport, its nice to have the house to myself for a change!
            Have a good friday each, I'll see you tomorrow - take care all
            Sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.

Glad you're back Chicks - melancho-empath-neuro-transfixed-worry is one of my afflictions too. My doctors never told me though 'cause they can't pronounce it.

Seriously, you're not alone dear. I just wish I could transfix myself onto something other than al. But I def know that dark, blue, trance-like state, and like you, I keep trying to put my finger on it and fix it. Glad you're coming back around to your normal chook-ness.

Hi Lav, Sooty. Rainy and cold night here too. Probably gonna stay in for a quiet/cozy one for a change.

Take care.
              tw
              Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

Pretty quiet around here today..........

Hi Sooty & Tranq, we're still here, huh? It's cold, raining and pitch dark at 7 pm, suppose winter is almost here. Think I'll get a fire going, why not?
                Sure hope our friend gets her chook-ness back soon, I miss her......
                Mood swings suck, to be perfectly blunt! I've had my fair share of them but seem to be on much firmer ground these days

Hope some fledglings check in soon, I'll leave the night light on as usual
                Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest, stay warm & dry!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

Another work week done. One of those where I felt like I was chasing my tail around alot, but I made progress on things even if it was circular. Off to make some dinner and curl up on the couch with a book and think about what I want to do this weekend. A toasty fire sounds good Lav, enjoy.

See you all tomorrow! Take care.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Is it really morning? Hard to tell, still kinda dark, damp........
                    I guess everyone's sleeping in, that's OK!

I'll check back later, have a great Saturday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, Just joined a few minutes ago although I have been checking this site out for about a week. I have been trying to stop drinking for a very long time - seems the longest I can go is 3 days. About 10 years ago I stopped for several months - don't know why I ever started again. I am fed up with myself and what I feel like is my lack of willpower. I drink every day. I start out with wine and end up with whiskey. I used to joke that in my house we only drink things that start with w - water, wine and whiskey. It just isn't funny anymore. I am tired of losing entire days because I can't concentrate and feel like crap. I feel like I am killing myself and I'm sure I am. I chose "my song" as my name cause I felt like everyone here was "singing my song". (I was going to use "killing me softly" but that just sounded goofy). I ordered the book and the supplements and have spent the last week reading as much as I can about the meds. They kind of scare me but I think I am going to try them. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

:hello2::colorwelcome:

Hi My Song,

You've found a good safe place here.

Already sound as if you've got a good plan in place.

No advice at the moment just wanted to say HI and you're not alone.

Please keep coming back and let us know how you're doing. SHOUT out if you're struggling.

Love Jackie xxx

AF (alcohol free) since 7/7/2009
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nest Compradres!
                          Feeling good today--made it through last night with the help of MWO and so many of you wonderful people here--I sure hope today is not as hard, but I kinda think it might be.

Welcome MySong! Love your "handle" :welcome: Very glad you are here. Stay close and read as much as you can--if you haven't already, check out "The Swimming Pool"
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/jus7.htm
                          When I read it for the first time here, it gave me so much hope.

Been reading "Man's Search For Meaning" by Viktor Frankl--so powerful. I so recommend it to anyone seeking clarity, perspective, reflection. It is a punch to the heart and a wake up call all in one.

It's a beautiful day here, and I am looking forward to it--so different from when I am usually hungover and just want to crash and nurse my body.

Glad you're back Chookster--I get those melancholy times, too and all I want to do is curl up. When I'm in it, it's hard to remember it won't always be that way. When I get like that I recoil and withdraw--I can learn from you to reach out.

Hello to Lav, Tranq, Finding, Jackie, Sooty--and everyone else on this bus/boat/barge/caterpillar ride. "We are all in this together!"
                          :hOpenheart
                          "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters I hope you're all having a good Saturday. windy and wet here the leaves are hurtling from the trees now - I'm just off to check my lottery numbers .... wish me luck.
                            I'll share with you all if I've won!
                            See you all tomorrow as I'm out raving tonight (not really but am going to a friends birthday party!)
                            love Sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the welcome JackieClaire and OpenHeart. Still feeling rough from last night. Hate that. But feel like I have something to look forward to. This is usually the time of day that my cravings start and I start to look forward to the first drink of the day. Gonna try to beat it tonight!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey.

Welcome Song. btw- I think 'killing me softly' is one of the best songs ever written. Stick to your plan tonight - it mostly has to do with you wanting to do it. You already know you can do it if you've gone 3 days, just gotta stretch that out to 4, 5, 6... You're gonna feel great when you do!

Hi Open, Finding, Sooty, Lav, Jackie! Happy Saturday.

Open - you're right the swimming pool post is great!

Sounds like everyone's doing well. I'm going to see a concert tonight. Gotta get moving here.

Have a good evening. Enjoy!
                                tw
                                Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Working...
                                X