X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

On to day 2 AF

Hi Everyone

Completed Day 1 AF?wasn?t bad?wasn?t great either?.used a couple extra doses of L-Glut for a couple of strong cravings that reared their ugly heads. Had a little of brain fog going on?probably due to the Topamax, but otherwise it was an OK day?still working on finding a replacement beverage?had grapefruit juice ,diet tonic with lime?plain water lot of it?water with lemon slice?can?t decide. I?ve always been a big water drinker anyway. This morning is pretty much like most mornings, as I have never been plagued much by hangovers, fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it. My biggest motivation for moderating is to be able get some weight off. Awful hard to lose weight?or not to gain weight truth be told if you are consuming 5 or 6 quarts of wine plus a week(White Zin, my 1st drug of choice)! The plus being my other drug of choice which is a liqueur?or going out for Presidente & Nachos at our local Chili?s. Second , third and fourth motivating factors are( there are probably other I haven?t thought of yet), in no particular order is to get rid of my GERD, lousy sleep patterns and take back my evenings. Like a lot of folks on these boards we try to limit our drinking & driving?so that has kind of limited our evening activities to coach potatoing!

Anya?thanks for checking in on me! That was sweet!

Boobie?like Lavande I use Benadryl?I was trying to do without it to see if the Calm Forte in the supp would do the trick, but it doesn?t seem to. If your looking for an herbal remedy Valerian or a Valerian/Skullcap combo is a possibility as is chamomile tea?.warm milk with butter & cinnamon is a tried and true remedy for some. Limiting caffeine is important?even chocolate can keep me up.

Here a link to Dr Weil?s solutions :

DrWeil.com - Official Website of Andrew Weil, M.D.

Rejuve

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone.

Nice day here in these parts. Sunny 60f's - a little windy. S'posed to be a nice weekend too. Rejuv - h2o is best replacement for me. When I'm out I like ice tea and lemonade (an arnold palmer) or san pellegrino with cran and twist. Congrats on day one - wishing you many more. I too like having my evenings back - and my weekend mornings too. I never really had hangovers either per se - what I call a hangover is really more like waking up still a little (or sometimes alot) drunk, lifeless and lacking any desire to do anything involving movement of any kind. Now I get up at like 6am on Sat and Sunday and get some exercise, and have plenty of time for fun and othe stuff.

Find I'm the same way with reading in bed... not even one paragraph and I'm gone.

But Lav reminded me that I would often do the hypnotic cds right before bedtime. Late in the evening they would almost always knock me out - then I'd stumble to bed and put on the sleep cd.

Okay. Gotta get some food going... Take care all!
      tw
      Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chilly in this part of the nest kids!

32 degrees by 7:30 pm Brrrr! The woodstove is warming the lower level, I'm thinking about lighting a fire up here too

Congrats on Day 1 Rejuve, hope day 2 went well!

I'll be plugging the CDs in early tonight I think..........
        Have a safe night everyone!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sooty, haven’t had the H1N1 flu shot, hope it the side effects aren’t too bad for you.

Lav, I only had one “drinkin’ dream” so far – what a head trip that was! Hope the smoking dreams fall by the way side for you. Inspired, I threw together some veggie soup with a healthy dose of broccoli.

Rejuve, it seemed like it took forever for the weight to come off, but after a little over a month I’ve definitely noticed a difference!!! It’s a big plus for me for not drinking as I didn’t diet at all other than just to eat more regularly. I think our body’s metabolism does so much better without the booze and with regular healthy meals. Congratulations on getting through the day.

As usual, I’m draggin’ by the end of the work week. Looking forward to a little me time this weekend.

Have a good evening all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

@days AF

Lavande;752253 wrote: Chilly in this part of the nest kids!

32 degrees by 7:30 pm Brrrr! The woodstove is warming the lower level, I'm thinking about lighting a fire up here too

Lav
            We had record heat today...or was that yesterday...brain fog...darn Topamax, anyway it's be unseasonably warm can't complain when it's sunny & 70's in November.
            Completed Day 2 AF?used a couple extra doses of L-Glut for a couple of strong cravings that reared their ugly heads...but otherwise it was an OK couple of days. Thanks for asking!

Rejuve

Comment

Newbies Nest

2 days AF

Lavande;752253 wrote: Chilly in this part of the nest kids!

Lav
              We had record heat today...or was that yesterday...brain fog...darn Topamax, anyway it's be unseasonably warm can't complain when it's sunny & 70's in November.
              Completed Day 2 AF?used a couple extra doses of L-Glut for a couple of strong cravings that reared their ugly heads...but otherwise it was an OK couple of days. Thanks for asking!

Rejuve

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chook Blowing in!

HHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOO NEESSSTTTEERRRSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep I have returned,blown in,arrived,descended or just generally re-appeared from my time in 'the roost!"

How goes it? How are all the Nesters? Is my twig still free?

I am doing okay. Am travelling okay and plodding as usual! The Beach Party is still a-goer people,but am just waiting for these gawd-awful Easterly winds to die down before I light the bon-fire!!!!!! Shocking,hot,dry wind that burns your nose-hairs!!!!!!!
                We've had 37 degree temps here lately,but today is quite nice, a wee bit stormy in fact!
                Summer storms are SO awesome,lots of lightning,thunder humidity and amazing cloud formations!

When I lived up North of WA they would have "Cyclone Parties". Basically when you went on alert for an immenent cyclone,everyone would go buy 'your favorite beverage' and bunker down at someones house to ride out the storm!!!Needless to say, not too many people would turn up for work the next day,but then quite often, work wasn't there anymore anyways!!!

Don't get cyclones in the mid-west much, just the tail ends, but when it comes in over the ocean, it is very impressive!

So on this note, what is the most awesome weather-system/pattern/thingie Nesters have seen???

Chook *still clucking strong*:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!!!!

I thought I was dreamming........I awoke to loud clucking sounds, lo & behold it was Chook!!!! Welcome back sweetie, you have been missed Your twig has been empty, waiting for your return!

We, on the East coast are happy to see the end of Hurricane season soon. Had no hurricanes blow thru here this year but we did have plenty of rain! Temps are dropping below freezing at night so we're keeping the fires lit for warmth! Now is when we really starting dreaming about a trip down South for a few days Be careful of your nose hairs out there - I didn't even know chickens had nose hairs Stay well & stick around, OK?

Sooty, there is no H1N1 vaccine available in these parts.........kind of pathetic, huh?

Finding, you can be my soup Buddy! I love, love, love soup! I could live on nothing but soup - well, almost!

Rejuve, you're doing great. Everything gets better after those first few days!

I'm on my way out to do some investigating in the chicken coop. I've been finding empty egg shells in the nest boxes.............hmm, I think I smell a rat! A few rat traps will probably take care of that problem, eeeewwww!

Wishing everyone a great Saturday, do something fun
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well I had the jab - arm very painful now and I dont know if its psychological or what but I am aching all over - couldn't get warm last night and ended up in bed with an aforementioned wheat bag at 9 p.m.
                    Apart from that I'm absolutely great!! Weather pretty horrid here today so I'm lying low and being lazy.
                    Big rugby game on at 5.15 so that's another excuse to just sit!
                    Hope everyone is having a fantabulous weekend, see you all later
                    love Sooty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quiet Nest tonight.........
                      I'm nursing a case of the sniffles so I'm turning the lights down & heading off to bed.
                      I'll leave the night light on in case anyone flies in

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav & Sooty!
                        Hope you are both feeling better soon!
                        Big hugs
                        Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Hi Chook, hope you are clucking away
                          It's been a very quiet nest lately..........have been out trying to recruit new fledglings but no one is taking the worm, ha ha.

I think I just dealing with an ordinary head cold - first one I've had in a few years actually. I really shouldn't complain!!

Sooty, hope your sore arm feels better today

Looking at another sunny morning here, better get outside & enjoy it!
                          Wishing everyone a great day!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 4

:waving:

3 days AF, starting day 4. We went to the theatre yesterday(matinee), saw an awesome production entitled the Second Tosca. Went to Lunch first. We usually do a meal either before or after. We have season passes to two different theater groups , so during season; usually go once or twice a month. Usually we drink with dinner & at intermission. Didn't really miss it.

:teeter:
                            When the booze brain hit was when we got home....couldn't hardly get it to shut up...but I won...we both did ( I think I've mentioned hubby & I are doing this together)
                            Anyway...did the hypno tape when I went to bed...much better today:happy:

Rejuve

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lavande! I remember you too... nice to see your still here!

Thanks for the advice. Sleep finally arrived Friday night and had good luck last night as well.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.

Glad you got some sleep boobie. Rejuve you guys are doing great with your plan too.

Find and Lav - I love soup too. Wish I knew how to make more varieties. I don't like any of the canned or mixes. Hmmm. I used to make a decent beef barley with veggies. I might have to try that one.

Lav, Sooty hope you guys are getting better. I've been out enjoying the weather - it was near 70 again today. I golfed.

Take care!
                                tw
                                Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Working...
                                X