Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters,

Dark & gloomy in my end of the Nest this morning BUT I here again, hang over free! That's enough to make me smile

Hi Suzy, welcome to the Nest! Find yourself a comfy twig & settle in with us!
    If anyone is interested - there is an AA thread in the Monthly Abstinence section.
    Personally, AA is not the right place for me either but it has helped many people & continues to do so. I think some people need the face to face accountabliity that you don't have on MWO. But I do agree that MWO does provide plenty of encouragement & support while offering creative solutions to everday issues!

Greetings to open - you are doing great! It sounds like you are really learning a lot about yourself - that's so important

Hippy Chick - 17 days & counting, wonderful! Thanks for sticking with us!

Chook - will I hear some clucking soon? You know it always puts a smile on my great big blue face

Tranq, hope you are enjoying your weekend! We are expecting the arrival of 1-2 inches of rain = coming from your neighborhood I believe......

Wishing everyone a good, AF Sunday - make it a good one!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi SuzyCaboo and Hello To all My MWO Colleagues:

SC, you asked about AA and here has been my experience: Although it's only been in the last 3 years that I have developed a drinking problem, my experience with active AA members goes back 17 years....way before I even drank. Because I travel all over the world for work, I meet a lot of people, and my experience has been with people who are actively involved in AA, that they have NO problem talking to total strangers about people in their AA groups using FIRST and LAST names! I thought ANONYMOUS meant you were not supposed to talk to people about people in your group and mention their names. I thought it meant when you went to an AA meeting, you could have the confidence in knowing that people would not talk about you outside the 4 AA walls of that meeting. This is apparently not the case. Maybe some people don't have a problem with their AA friends talking about them outside the scope of the meeting, but I would, hence, AA is definitely NOT for me.

I am not talking about a one-time-bad-experience with an active AA member. I have had 6 bad experiences from people who are in AA in different parts of the US, going back to 1991.

I know AA has helped MILLIONS of people and I have a high regard for its value. I prefer MWO or another organization that might help you called Women For Sobriety. Like MWO, it's on-line, confidential, and they have great books to read. It also does not push the "higher power" aspect.

To all my MWO colleagues who attend or have AA, believe me, I mean no disrespect. I realize that I am taking a risk being so candid with a group of people I don't know but who embrace AA with all their hearts. For those people whom AA has helped stay sober, I couldn't be more glad.

Rusty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters- Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. It has been raining here for days....not great for the blah mood, but I am getting through. I'm on day 5 af and feel good about it. I am so glad I came back to MWO to read all the great advice and stories of people who are struggling or have struggled with AL. Thanks everyone for the support! I look forward to a fresh beginning at work this week without being hungover !! Take care~ Mtgirl

Comment

Newbies Nest

:goodjob:Ho Mountaingirl, congratulations! You are over the worst physical discomfort. I'm so happy for you, and you will be surprised how quickly the days add up.
          make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

WTG MtGirl! You will feel brand new this week! Happy to have you with us - stick around

Hi To Rusty, thanks for dropping in. All ideas & opinions are welcome.

Hi jessie - good to see you, hope all is well with you!

Had a damp, drizzly day here.......the heavy rains to move in sometime overnight. Boring but better than having a summer drought I suppose.

Greetings to my buddy Tranq - I'm sure he will pop in at some point.

Well, here's to a safe & comfy night to all in the nest - the night light will be on as always.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all--
              A quick check in to see how everyone is doing.
              Your off to a strong start mtngirl--:goodjob: You will feel physically a little better everyday.
              Great post--HipC!
              Rusty--appreciate your perspective so much. AA has such longevity and media attention that it becomes the assumption that AA is the only way to go if you want to be sober. I am so thankful I found MWO--could never have taken the step to get help face to face with anyone. To much shame in the way.

G'night or G'morn to all--hope you all have a great start to your week.
              Open
              "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All.

Glad everyone is doing well. Was out all day and night with family watching the football games. Good day - Good af weekend.

I love being hangover free on Monday mornings too!

No comment on aa from me -- it's not for me either -- 'nuf said.

Thanks for leaving the light on Lav. Time for bed.

Take care.
                tw
                Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

"cluck"

chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone Have had a good day today. I even realised I got to home time - 3.00pm without thinking about AL! I was so impressed with myself.....:wd:
                    1 -2 inches of rain Lav - that would be glorious. We have gone 67 days with no rain so a drop or two would go down well.
                    Mt Girl and Tranq - I too love being hangover free every morning.
                    Glad to hear you clucking again Chook.
                    Take care everyone and Happy Australia Day to all Aussies near and far for tomorrow.
                    Hippy Chick
                    I finally got it!
                    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
                      Oi! Oi! Oi!
                      Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

Looking forward to a good sober Australia Day tomorrow. Got me an Aussie Flag and some prawns to put on the barby after going to the beach for all the activities. To all Aussies on MWO - Have a great day. Oh everyone else can have a great day too!!!
                        Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Dark & very rainy here in this end of the nest, I about to inflate the life rafts, ha ha!

Happy Australia Day tomorrow to Chook, Hippy Chick & Mazzie! Enjoy the festivities (in an AF way of course)
                          Our national celebration day is July 4th - always a fun time!
                          Chook - keep clucking girl friend

Open, Tranq, hope your day is not as damp as mine.......
                          Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Monday!! I feel bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning at work hangover free!!! I really have a good feeling about it this time!! It is sunny here today and the outlook is bright Thanks Jessie, Tranqwilly, Openheart and Lavande for the reassurance!! It really means alot to check in and read that someone is really hearing (or reading) what I am saying.
                            Hope you have a wonderful day! Will check in tonight.
                            ~Mtgirl

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings, fledgelings!

Long time, no type... just a quick little note to all you 'old birds' and fluffy ckicks alike Hope you are all well and well on your way out - will try to check in more often (yeah yeah, I know)

Lav... the peanut is gonna be a boy! LOL
                              Melissi is doing better now.. and all seems to be quite well So.. I'm coming to terms with becoming a granny!

Ok.. gotta run off again... be good nestlings!
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Grandma Sunni!

So glad you stopped in. I thought about you a couple of times this past weekend
                                Wonderful about your little boy, that's great. Glad to hear your daughter is doing well!
                                I'll give you Granny lessons.......don't worry. I've been havin a great time - our little guy is 14 months old this week. He's already earned a gold medal for speed crawling, trying to walk too! This is as good a reason as any to be a non-drinker!! Check in more often Granny, I've missed you!

Mtgirl, you sound good - glad you are sticking with us, we are moving in the right direction
                                Hangover free mornings are just wonderful!

I'll probably check in later but am flipping on the night light now....just in case.
                                Hope everyone is safe & comfy in this big old Nest!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X