wow.......told the BF about MWO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, okay so I had the conversation about my way out...........which in turn had the conversation about the only issue he had with me was al..........

Intersting............things we didn't know......he now knows about AF time......moderating the whole nine yards...............good to know i have support now......it was hard to tell him, but it was time.
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Yeah, it's hard to open up sometimes. Communication is probably the most difficult part in relationships. At least it is in mine. You need support and now you have it!
    sigpic

Comment

Crikey,

Universal, well done, i'd love to be there right now, although he is being supportive (I think - in his own way) e.g. we went to a bar yesterday and I had two lime juices and when one of his friends offered me a drink, he spoke on my behalf and said i was fine. Now if I was being my usual cranky self this would have irritated me, being spoken for, but i do know that he is just making sure I dont cave and ask for a large one. Our communication is worse than ever but as a result of some shit we had to go through with my fam at Xmas...but slowly getting better.....it never rains but it pours. But im feeling positive and not much like drinking....thank god
      Live your life in such a way that
      when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
      Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Uni, thats fantastic to hear. Being able to be open with your goals and aspirations is so much easier than not...
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good for you Universal. The lack of communication can lead to so many unnecessary problems, end to good relationships. Keep talkin' girl!
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

I think opening up to people is great! It may be embarrassing at first (but not as embarrassing at yelling at people to "touch my butt!" at a party, trust me). The more people who know your situation, the more supporters you will have. Good luck.

Comment

Uni! :l That is wonderful! You must feel such relief and comfort in this unfolding.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

That is wonderful...so much better to share your recovery with him and then he knows that you are serious about wanting to heal...GOOD JOB!!!
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Uni,

I'm so glad you told him! When I told my HB he was supportive but didn't care too much. He's not a big computer guy. When I told my 17-year-old son, it was the best. He's so supportive and understands the comraderie (sp) I get here. I was nervous about telling my son and now I share stories with him.

I'm so happy for you both!
                  Be
                  "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Good for you Uni and thanks for sharing that!
                    :l
                    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Good for you Uni!!! :l I bet it wasn't easy, though?

I still find it very difficult to talk about 'THIS'.. even though mine is totally supportive - but I find it embarrassing and just much rather talk about anything but...

I'm so glad you now have someone close by in your corner!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

WELL DONE!
                        I know it's hard but doesn't it feel like a WHOLE LOAD has been lifted off your shoulders. Talk to him everyday, let him in. We're all here for you!!!!!! Keep it up hun!

Comment

Uni I am so proud of you. That is such a hard thing to do. We think we hide it so well and at the end of the day come to realize we are only fooling ourselves. I have not had an open conversation with hubbie yet and don't know if I will. He has a very different view of Al than I do or most the people here.
                          That is my own issue. Again, GOOD FOR YOU!
                          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

That is my own issue.
                            That was exactly what I thought and said. It's MY problem.

You know what Mr. Wonderful said? "No, it's OUR problem now. I didn't come into this relationship for some of it. I came into this for all of it."

Sometimes they may surprise you....maybe give hubby a chance, Beaches? :l
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

That is very scary to me. I will think about it, that's a promise.
                              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                              X