Anyone else notice.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi hoo,i think we all go through that feeling,i recently stopped again,i don't think people have a problem stopping,I'm speaking for myself,its staying stopped,its everything that goes with drinking,Ive been off and on for 38 years,more so now,i use to have fun with it,its not fun waking up sick,and i didn't drink much,as i said to my wife, the more you age,the harder on the body it gets,the funny thing,shes been telling me that for years,i wish you well gyco

Comment

Know exactly what you mean. After few days forget and will find any excuse to have a drink. Over the holidays whenever I spoke to my family on the phone and they have a get together I think that I should celebrate as well.
      Nothing makes us so lonely as our secrets - Paul Tournier

Comment

I think it's kind of like what women say about childbirth (which I haven't experienced!): you forget the pain, so you do it again!!

Good thing - or none of us would have brothers or sisters! lol

So as time passes, we tend to forget the negative things about AL.. leaving the "good" parts!
        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Yes so very true and that is what I like to call the trap of AL. You are feeling great, the world is good, why not have a drink? Well unfortunately, if you are honest to yourself, it's not just one drink and you are right back to the beginning.

It's like a song I've been listening too and one of the lines "as night comes It calls softly come and play" Such the intrigue. Sadly it's never a good ending
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

OMG! I am there right now.... One week AF and having a beer. I had to go to Childrens Hospital today with my 11 yr old daughter. She had some tests that were very painful. It was terrible, but she did so well. I just got home and crashed. One of my triggers, stress and seeing my children hurting.....help

Comment

Working...
            X