feeling sad and damaged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeling sad and damaged

Hey Star, I've never been to a shrink or told my Dr. about how much I was drinking so I don't have a story to share. But i just wanted to say I love your art! You are very creative! :specs: And Congratulations on being AF!
    sigpic

Comment

feeling sad and damaged

hay Star, what a horrible experience, but I agree with AC, you need to find someone who you can gel with if you want to keep up with the therapy, I am very lucky with my doctor, he listens to me & encourages me. I like that you paint, your expressing how your feeling which is good, good luck sweetheart.
      *Witchy*
      Progress, not perfection!!!
      A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

feeling sad and damaged

Starfairy,

I'm sorry you went through that! My wonderful husband of 20 years is bipolar so I know a lot about it. She really cannot diagnose you as bipolar without having you answer a lot of questions on paper.....and even if you were bipolar, it would not be the end of the world anyway. Most bipolars are indeed alcoholics so she may have just been throwing that out there without much thought. I'm glad you got the Topamax though! I can't wait to hear what you think of it. I've always thought about getting a script for it since I suffer from migraines.

Take Care,

Myheart
        Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
        - George Jackson

Comment

feeling sad and damaged

I am bipolar and it took a year to diagnose.... Monitoring my ups and downs. Monitoring my behaviour, etc.

I am also a victim of sexual abuse, mental abuse and physical abuse and suffer from what they call "post traumatic stress". Counseling has helped me immensely! I didn't particularly 'click' with my therapist right off the bat. BUT, that was because I was feeling like I was being judged.

If you continue on this path with therapy, you will get better. The first session is always the hardest. I cried all the way through my first session, and I was there 2 hours! He wouldn't let me go until I was feeling less emotional. FOR REAL!

Hang in there and see what your therapist can do for you. Sometimes we need help compartmentalizing our thoughts and such.

xoxoxo

Comment

feeling sad and damaged

Star Fairy - love your painting! I just bought paints last night. Never painted in my life but have the urge. Find a different Therapist, and keep on getting mad - don't give in!
            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X