Friday Night BIG Fail. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To cut a long boring story short I ended up drinking so much last night I was sick and spent most of the night on the bathroom floor. I'm deeply ashamed. I'm also confused because I'm not a binge drinker, my usual pattern is red wine in the evenings, 2 or 3 glasses, occasionally a full bottle, but every day. I think what's shocked me most is my husbands role in last nights binge. He suggested we go out 'just for 2' and then kept the wine flowing until 2am. He's very contrite this morning, apologising, getting me whatever I need but I'm so angry with him. He knows all about MWO and what I'm trying to do. So from today I'm 30 days AF. I have Birthdays and Chinese New Year coming up, but there will always be something I need to work around, so I think now is the time. :upset:
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Hang in there, Betty. Sometimes these episodes, while difficult, get us back on track. What do you think happened with your hubby? Have you talked to him? Is he a regular drinker? Anyway, good of you to come back here. Maybe check into chat later this evening.

Comment

Betty - I'm sorry you had a bad night. It does happen to us all. Since your hubby is aware of MWO and you are feeling angry, maybe you guys can sit down and have a talk when you're feeling better? Let him know that while you're aware he didn't hold you down and force the wine down your throat, the fact that he kept it so readily available to you was difficult? Maybe together you guys can come up with a future strategy?

I hope you are feeling better soon.
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

Thank you, I just needed to know that there was someone there. I've shocked myself because I can't remember the last time I drank so much I was sick. My Hubby is a bit of an enigma, he's more or less a nice guy, but I have no idea what his 'enabling' me to drink is all about.
        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Betty,
          Don't sweat it (pardon the pun! I know this is a serious post). First of all, you made a great decision to go AF for 30 days. You've made a positive decision, not just a decision, because you could have just said the opposite - that you don't give a shit, but you didn't. Forgive your hubby. Even though our closest loved ones love us and would do anything for us, it's hard for them to grasp the depth of our difficulties with AL, so he meant no harm. It's a learning experience for him, too. Let him take care of you today. Get lots of rest and drink lots of water.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Betty.....I used this pic a min. ago, but it's so aprapro......Let's get that monkey off our backs......We can do it ! IAD,.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Betty, I'm sorry your feeling bad. But you know what, the fact that you recognize this is not NORMAL behavior (even for a friday night) is wonderful. Not so long ago plenty of us here thought that was ok for a wed night LOL hang in there. Today is new day, don't be too hard on yourself.

xx Summer09

Comment

Working...
              X