Bad but i guess good in a way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, today my uncle Rob comitted suicide. This is the 3rd death since Christmas in my family. My aunt Morrine, unle Michael and now uncle Rob. My grandad and my uncle John are both on there death beds, just a matter of time.

ANYWAY, no excuse but i got a bottle of wine and i drank a glass. After i drank it, i was like, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?! YOU SILLY COW. The last 3 1/2 has been GREAT, feeling GREAT, excersing, loving ME, loving life ect ect. HOWEVER, i got up and tipped the rest 3/4 of the bottle down the sink. Something i would have NEVER done a while back. WHich is a good sign i guess. I just wish i had never had the glass in the first place but oh well.

Back to day one!

Michelle, I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. Prest4Time just lost her father to suicide as well. So very painful. Good, though, that you decided not to numb your feelings with the wine. You still have all those days, not to mention the strength and resolve to have stopped only at one glass. My thoughts are with you.

Comment

OMG! Your are my new hero! Well done to you. :goodjob: Please do not berate yourself for that one glass. the fact is, you did not drink the bottle, and that is amazing.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss in your family. Of course you would be tempted to drink. I am sure it is what most of us would at the very least think about doing. But you really are quite wonderful for pouring the rest of the bottle away. It is very inspiring.
      no time like the present

Comment

Mich, i am so desperately sorry to hear about your uncle. I can only imagine how you are feeling right now.
        BUT you have come such a long way in the last 6+ months that you are really unrecognisable as the person you used to be..You are doing great and you should be very proud of yourself.
        My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time x
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

You are in my prayers as well, How sad things are for you. I am so happy that you fought the Beast that lurks behind all of us- waiting for us to let our guard down. He has been tapping my shoulder lately, and I too have had to fight him off
          Keep Strong
          DLW
          Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
          And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
            Today is a Mystery
            Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

You are showing amazing strength Michelle. My prayers are with you.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hey Lil Michelle, I'm really sorry about your Uncle and the other members of your family that you've recently lost. That is a lot to take on and cope with.

You are amazing for not hitting the bottle and for only having one glass - especially pouring the rest away. If you have only broken your AF days with the 1 glass of wine, do you have to put yourself back to Day 1 again, can't you just tot up the amound of AF days a month v non AF days instead? Just a suggestion because then I think you'd show yourself just how brilliantly you are doing.

Take care
              AC x x x

Comment

Working...
              X