Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Monday

Hello everyone

Wishing everyone a great day. I used to hate Mondays, with those awful hangovers, today for the first time since I first had a drink in my late teens, today just felt like another day. I didn't realise this until late this afternoon. Today is day 22 for me, this weekend was hard and I am glad that it is behind me. I have a new struggle at the moment, trying to cut back on carbs. I must say for me giving up AL is easier than cutting back my carbs. I did great the last few days until tonight, I just couldn't resist the carb laden bubble and squeak. I think I may need to find a forum dedicated to carb addicts. I am hoping that reducing my carbs will help remove the flabby beer/baby belly.

I hope that everyone is feeling strong and if MWO is the place to be for support.

Ezz

ODAT - Monday

Hi Guys.

Just wanted to check in quickly. Have been incredibly busy over the last couple of days and have not been able to check in.

Doing great. on day 40 now. Have been struggling a little bit with cravings over the last couple of days but managed well to stay on track.

Beautifull sunny day here in cape town and will be very buys once again at work. I wish I had more time to post but I am sure there will be times coming when I will have more time again.

I hope you are all doing well? Miss you all.

Johnny

(sorry Ezz. We just cross posted I opened the thread at the same time.)
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Well, johnny, congrats on completing 40 days. I struggled terribly at the weekend but I want to be able to say 40 days too.

Funny that we just cross-posted the thread at the same time, and that neither of us can work out how to delete one.

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hey Ezz.

Glad to hear you are doing so well. Sorry to everyone for cross posting. Great minds think alike. Guess it's true Ezz, right?!

I am glad you got another weekend in the pocket. Can remember you were nervous the previous weekend. I think once you get a routine with your weekends it'll get easier. But I am really happy for you. 22 days, that's really a lot. you're on the way.

Hope to check you all later. HAve a great day
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Haha. nother cross post. Worked better this time though lol. We must be geniouses!
          AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Confession of Stupidity: So I decided to drink (some?) yesterday, having met my 14 day goal. Bought smaller bottle so I wouldn't drink too much...??

Drank the whole thing - which was too much. Now I'm getting ready to go to Disney with a friend for my BD... and not feeling 100%.

MY OWN DAMN FAULT. The only lucky thing is that I decided to take 2 Avil PM before going to be - truly a Miracle drug! Slept soundly until about 6 - probably didn't move. So at least I got sleep! Could've been worse.

Hoping to recapture 100% as the day moves forward.

I self-sabotage is the bottom line. Idiot. Oh well. Onward & forward.
            Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Monday

ODATERS!!!!

Morning johnny, ezzie. doing great! Keep on rockin'!

Savvy, Happy birthday! Had to learn that lesson again, did you? I watch you using the words "if", "I might", etc. and see it coming. Hey, I think ibuprofen and al is really bad for your liver. Might want to take asprin. Have fun! eat a good reakfast & tank up on water.

I had an easy weekend. Suprisingly easy. Even with estranged one's erratic behavior. I actually refused to answer the door or phone. I simply detached rather than get sucked in which makes me struggle with cravings. I watched Jerry Osteen last night and he talked about not letting others take your power. Your power being your God given right to have a peaceful happy day / life. Now, lets see if I can acheive that at the hole :H. I bet I can!

Hello to all to come!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Good going, ezzmae and johnny! Savon, yesterday doesn't count as much as today. Greeneyes, right on! Here's to our personal power. After a snowy Sunday, it's nice to see the sun. Will bundle up and try for a run on the beach. Happy Monday, all!
                ~K.

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Happy Monday ODATers. Im glad the weekend is behind as well, considering I got trashed on Saturday night. Opps, I guess I forgot how much my sobriety means to me. Time to get back on track and finish out January strong and AF. Will be just 3 drinking days for me in Janurary. Thats a record for me even with the slips ups. Have a great day everyone and congrats to those with all the string of sober days. :goodjob:
                  I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Good morning everyone, I completely bombed out this weekend. We had some friends over Sat. night and I drank a lot. Then I had a few yesterday as well. At least yesterday I stopped before passing out. I am dissapointed in myself. I hate that feeling. Most certainley, I will learn from it. Today is a new day.
                    Way to go all you peeps who hung in there!

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hi all ODATers
                      I have not been checking in much and I miss all of you. I do read the thread everyday. I have just been very depressed since the whole Chantix episode. I am having a great deal of personal turmoil at the moment, but today is Day 5 yet again, and I will never give up.
                      Savvy, don't beat yourself up. Try to enjoy your day at Disney. Wish I was going with you. So sick of this damn snow. Love to all. I will try to be around more often.
                      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT - Monday

I am checking in. I too blew it over the weekend. Today is a new day and I am not giving up! ODAT!
                        I am tired of the winter, too, Sea. Sorry you're down. I'll send happy thoughts your way!
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ODAT - Monday

I am also kind of hitting the January blahs......it's all the damn snow and cold - hard to be happy and excited when you look outside and it's so damn blah out there.

I have to go to work and I really don't want to - but I have a busy day and once I get there it will go fast. I had a nice relaxing weekend - I did drink some beer but nothing crazy - modded very well but I need to get an AF day so that I can string together a bunch of them. Once I get one, getting a lot together isn't so hard, it's getting that first one......

Aaaauuuuugggghhhhh - scream of frustration........today is a new day.
                          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                          :h

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Good Morning All. I'm mostly recovered from a big binge early in the month. I hope never to go there again. Got some new sleeping pills (zolpidem) and that's helping me regulate my AF sleep. My mood is slowly lifting after having been depressed by AL over the past month and particularly the first part of January. Day 6 for me, and I won't drink today. Happy MLK day to all!

Comment

ODAT - Monday

BOSS
                              Great to see you!!! I was thinking about u, and wondering where you'd been.
                              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Working...
                              X