Hello - First time here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello - First time here.

Have been in treatment so I know what to do and what alcohol does to me. But still relapse. Am a binge drinker and each time I go through withdrawals - it is worse than the last. Have had seizures, and you'd think that would be enough to scare me sober. But then I get feeling good again and forget the horror of those withdrawals and once I start and I can't stop. Have tried AA - for me it is just a pick-up joint without the alcohol. Was to find a female sponsor and she even hit on me. So I am trying this venue for help. Thanks - I look forward to the possibility that I will find my Sunshine again.

Hello - First time here.

Welcome! You have found a loving and supportive group here.
    Take one day at a time and stay close to the board and like One 2 Many said read LOTS.
    There is so much information here.
    Good for you taking this step- may you find your sunshine on the other side of the mountain. Climb it
    step by step and you will soon be over to the other side.
    Toughen up!

Comment

Hello - First time here.

Welcome!!

Have you considered taking medication or suppliments to help you? My suggestion is to begin reading the book MWO to get an understanding on how the MWO program works and what part of it you'd like to incorportate into your plan.

Wishing you many sunny days.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hello - First time here.

Hi Looking for Sunshine,
        There's so much to learn here, great support and care from others. Read and post as much as possible. It's a great way to recover and learn about our problems. You will find your sunshine. But I understand you when you say you forget the horrors. It's kind of like being in labor. You forget all the pain you were in for hours and hours, so you go and get pregnant again!!!! Ok, maybe a poor analogy, but we do forget. Start writing things down about what you hate so much about drinking. Revisit the list often. You'll get a lot of good reasons on this site. Good luck.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hello - First time here.

Glad to have you with us !!!

:jumpwow::colorwelcome::jumpwow:
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hello - First time here.

Looking for me? Just kidding.

Welcome and best of luck on your journey. Come on over and join us in the Newbie's Nest!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
            X