Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Thursday

Heya odaters

day two for me. the first in like a zillion years. going to an aa meeting tonight so it aint over til the fat lady sings!

bossman, i soooo know what you mean about the friday night feeling. holy shit, thats a hard night for me. and saturday. and sunday. and monday... wait a minute! well, each day has its challenge, but friday deffinititly is especially tough especially if the hubby cracks a bottle.

but, until then, hope the sun sets on this day a sober one.

great job on the 25 days ezzea. you rock! you got through the hard part of the last few days and didn't pick up a drinkso well done you!
    no time like the present

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Happy Thursday

To all those doing good, congrats!!! PV and others who are struggling -- getting sober as others have said is just one day at a time. But it is a struggle and I don't think anyone has it easy. I have 5 months AL free after trying to get sober for 8 years or so. Not easy but worth it. I pray I never taste AL again -- but it is still only ODAT. God bless.
      Matt

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Matt, don't get on starting out too much, it's nice to see you and congrats on 5 mo.

nat
        Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi ODATers -

A member named "changemylife" has a new avatar and a saying "New Avatar = New Goal".
          Well, I like that and now have changed mine. My goal - which will require muchos training! I want a little butt like that - dreaming of course!!!!

Sounds like you are all doing well!! AKgril - hang in there. Your Antabuse will arrive any day now and you will be on your way!!

xoxo Peanut

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Thanks Peanut :l
            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hang in there AK. You'll make it if you keep on trying!
              Bossmann, I'm glad you reminded me about Friday looming. I will have to put in extra effort tomorrow and Saturday as well. Sadly, Sunday is one of my hardest. So, ODAT for now!
              Matthen, your words were inspiring!
              Skinny, today is 3 in a row for me, but I have actually had 15 AF for January. That's a lot for me. Keep at it!
              OverIt, I'm hoping for a strong finish to January, too. I had hoped for this to be a 30 day stretch, but it didn't work out that way.
              Uni, I'm glad to hear you put things into perspective by looking back and seeing the progress that has been made!
              Becoming and UpNorth, keep racking up those AF days!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

so far, so good

Ahh, it's the witching hour here. Thursday nights have been, for so long, my "drink alone night" as my husband is out doing his team thing each week. I usually start drinking as soon as i get home and am trashed and passed out when he gets home after 11 PM. Fridays I always went to work with a hangover. but I'd feel better by Saturday and could drink again when we went out. :alf: Regular party girl.

NOtTtonight, though. I drank Saturday, as I told you all, and a bit on Tuesday. that doesn't mean I didn't think about stopping at the liquor store on the way home. I am just so TIRED of this battle. I want to get to the point of saying, like sunshine, I don't have to count days anymore, or like those of you who count by months or years. I don't want alcohol to be something I think about and crave constantly. I fear it. In fact, so much so that I told my husband to take my car keys with him when he left. Even I won't go traipsing around in the cold, dark snowdrifts to buy AL.

So here I am with my big glass of lemon water and my lifesavers (that would be you guys, not the mints). :thanks:

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

upnorthgirl

I know how you feel about being tired of fighting this battle. All you have to do right now is get through the right now. So hang on. Just think, sense hubby has your car keys, you won't wake up with a hangover tomorrow!
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

:l Upnorth

I know exactly what you mean. You're safe for tonight hun... that's all that matters right now.
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                    X