Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi all - Looking forward to your support!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all - I've been "lurking" on this board for about two weeks. I ordered and downloaded the book, the supplements and cds came Saturday and I have a Doctor's appt. for Wednesday morning to talk to her abou the Topa. I have gone in the past 10-15 years from social drinker to getting half-sloshed every night of the week. Like a lot of you I have a demanding job that I can't just skate through every day. I also have a loving husband of nine months - recovering alcohol 15 years sober - supporting me all the way. I have done so much research on the Internet these past two or three months and have found this program offers the most hope. I will gather my supplies today - the pill holder etc. I have figured out how much Topa I will need for the next 12 weeks and will take that to the Dr. along with the Lancet article. Hopefully, she will cooperate. I'm looking forward to getting my life back again! I have two beautiful grandchildren a girl age 1 and a boy age 3 weeks! I want to be able to play and do things with them and see them graduate from college etc. Luck to us all as we go forward, newbies!

Trish in Nebraska
    Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
    Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
    : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
    "

Welcome Trish. I was a lurker for quite a while too:l This is a great start and an excellent way to get your life's direction going the way that you want it to.:w

Comment

Hiya Trish, just wanted to say hello and wish you good luck for Wednesday, also sounds like you have got an expert in the house. Very handy.
      Hope to speak soon Best wishes Wayne:w
      LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.........
      IT CANT GET ANY WORSE.............

Comment

Looking Forward

Hi Trish,

Welcome to MWO. I have been doing the program for18 days. I feel so much better. Keep reading and posting. We are all here for each other. Let us know what you need. I wish you peace and good health!

Big Hugs,

Deanie

Comment

Hi Trish - I lurked for a while to - think we all have but found what we all need. Welcome to you and we're all here holding your hand. Moll x

Comment

Hiya Trish

Glad you joined us.I've only been on here since wednesday and have learned so much and it's been really inspiring. On day 6 today of abs - day 7 in 7 minutes ( not that I'm counting !!! ) - it's got a lot to do with these guys. Everyone is really lovely and dead supportive with loads of info.
            Good luck at the docs - you've done your homework !!! Should be no probs.
            Look forward to hearing how you got on.

Love and Hugs :l

Bambino
            xxx
            ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

New and confused

I am new joining today. I have also like others been lurking around. One, trying to figure this forum stuff out. Two, scared and confused. So, I jumped right in and jus hope I am getting this on board.
              lynni

Comment

Hi All...

Hi Lynni & Trish,

Welcome. You have found a wonderful and supportive place to ask questions, get answers, get support and vent if you need to. I have found that reading posts and posting is a great way to fill time I used to spend drinking. Just jump right in. We are glad you are here!

Big hugs,

Deanie

Comment

Thank you deanie

Thnx for your welcome deanie. I also want to say to all, and to Trish. I know what you mean about wanting to get your life back. I have been working on staying sober since Jan. 06. As you probably know I have have had a few bad days, but for today I am sober and have a clear mind. I have been drinking regularly for the past five years and heavy the last year. My youngest jus graduated from high school and he will be leaving for college in the fall. My husband still drinks and I am a little concerned when when my son moves. They all know of my illness, I went into a recovery center in Jan. I feel so good, and want to continue to get healthy and feel good. I like my new freedom. I love being with my family again. I wish the same for all of you.
                  Stay healthy and feel good!
                  lynni

Comment

Need to talk

I'm a mess. Alzheimers has taken my life. I am alone now and don 't know what to do to fill this huge void

Comment

Hi there

Glad you reached out and :w

This is a wonderful site with beautiful supportive people. Just have a read of peoples posts - they are so positive and supporting - and if you need to chat, there's always someone here ready to talk issues through with you - or just have a laugh and a joke.

Hope to hear from you again soon
                      Bambino
                      xxx
                      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Hi "unregistered" how can we help?

Hi "unregistered" - you said something about alzheimers - can you elaborate? Are you still around? How can we help you?
                        Concerned
                        Jen
                        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Hi Hang in there!!

Hi

Please post again, alzeimers(cant spell) is such a devistating illness,my hubbys mum had huntington corea, which I beleive is simular, we all have problems but you will find great support here

Whitestar

Comment

Working...
                          X