MWO PROGRAM START wk 5 -Jan. 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just came back in from shovelling more snow ... it's finally stopped! Normally after that I would have come in a "rewarded" myself with a glass (read bottle) of wine, or a few scotch & waters..... and the thought did enter my mind. Instead I poured a cranberr/blueberry juice over ice and topped it up with club soda ... delicious! And I sit here very happy I didn't give in.

USM and Dill --- I'm with you on the weight .... I was hoping that going AF or at least cutting way back would make the pounds fall off! Hasn't happened yet. Will have to up the workouts I guess.

Cat ---- I'm going to wish you an early congratulations on 4 weeks ... because I know you won't spoil it tonight! I hope I'll be there one day.

Comment

Party???? heehee! I just want a piece of blueberry pie Dill!!! Blueberries are good for you!! So what if they're all tucked into a pie crust. that keeps them from rolling away!

Look at me - I rationalize as well as our congressmen! (and women)

Okay, seriously - thanks guys for the support. It means alot to me. There was a time not very long ago when the thought of just 1 day w/o AL scared the hell out of me! Now it's 28 days later - (was that a movie?) But thank God - it was just time. Now here's to every day I can make beyond 28...

Everybody is doing great and I am glad to have this thread back!

USM, I'm sore too - every time I sit or get up I am doing the old man squat and groan. NOT attractive!

I am watching American Idol - where do some of these people come from???? And who lied to them their whole life?? It's good entertainment anyway - beats the heck out of studying genetics and all the fine aspects of a baby's first poop!

Ya'll have a fantastic night! Now that we have our thread back, will probly talk to you guys tomorrow!!

Cat
      Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
      -Alan Cohen

Comment

Hi Everyone, 13 days AF thank you to MWO thank you Roberta thank you to everyone who contributes to these forums, without you I would not have been able to achieve what I have. I feel great and just love the new outlook I have on life.

Stress head

If It Is To Be It Is Up To Me

Comment

Hi Guys! It's a HO day for me! Hurray. I'm on day 4 and this one will be AF. We are snowed in yet again here in Ohio. It's good that I had lots of projects stacked up to work on. I have short term and long term: short term, sewed a hand-bag, read a book, start a crochet scarf. Long term: quilt top. As I mentioned in ODAT thread, the quilt top pattern is called "the drunkard's path". You can't be drunk while sewing as it has curved seams. I tried piecing it a few nights ago, while drinking, and I ended up taking out every stitch the next day! LOL!
          Cat, I've been making dinner without drinking and it's been A-OK! I think that habit may be on its way to being broken!
          Hope all have a good day and meet your goals.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Day all ----- I believe CatBelle has 4 weeks today! :grouptrophy:

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS CAT! U ROCK

:rockband:
              :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
              ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Hello
                stresshead you must feel great after 13 AF keep it up! Hey dill, 4 days, that's great. You're on the path but without the "drunkard" part, that sounds great. Maybe you can take a picture of the quilt when you finish and post it so we can see it.

I'm doing well today. Lot's of work so I'm just logging in so I've missed alot. Have to go back tonight and read. No HO today, no HO tomorrow because I'm not drinking tonight!. My determination feels different this time; maybe it's because I was on the verge of loosing the love of my life -- that was a wake up call to :stop: the my insanity and live the life God wants me to live with all the blessings I've received from him.
                :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"

Comment

Hi Stress head!, Good to see you.

1M, I sure wish you well! Al is definitely no substitute for a hand to hold and all that goes with that.

CAT: :yay::yougo::applaud::day4::danthin::applaud:
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening peeps...

Cat... wow! You are my new hero! You must be super proud!
                    Everyone else... Well done, you all sound positive and strong! 1MC - you're doing it! Remember, baby steps - you will get there!

I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to either get into the tub or bed.. managed to sail down the snowy/icy stairs outside tonight (sober, I'll have you know) and damn, I'm hurting.

Have a great, warm, safe night - see you in the morning!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

AAWWWWW!!! Thanks Guys!!

BTW - Dill......still waiting on my blueberry pie.....yummy!!! Are you superwoman? Quilts, scarves, handbags?

Hey 1MC, ND, Peanut, USM! Hope everyone is well!

Taking volunteers for anybody who wants to help with one of the three papers I have to write this weekend. I have a 14 hr day tomorrow, first helping in a fragile childrens daycare, then in the peds ER. It will be exhausting, but a great experience. Sooooo, if ya'll wanna help a sister out....just saying...

HAHAHA!! heehee...

Ya'll have a great night!

Welcome stresshead!

Cat
                      Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                      -Alan Cohen

Comment

Crossed there - Hey Sunshine! You didn't break your tailfeathers, didja?
                        Catawprint:

-Alan Cohen

Comment

Kinda, yeah... bruised butt, hip, and EGO!! :H
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Good morning, friends! Hope you all are well today. Especially hoping you're bruises are not to painful today, SUNSHINE!
                            Well, more snow last night, wind and right now it is 20 degrees F. Will return to 3 F tonight. Sheesh! The schools have had so many snow days they'll be going half of June to make it up! Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and in the upper 20s, so it will be time to stock up for the superbowl and for the week. Weather man says there is another 'snow event' on the way for next week. Sounds ominous.
                            CAT, I am not a super woman by any stretch. "Jack of all trades, master of none" would describe me. I do enjoy these hobbies. They were dormant for many years when I was busy with kids. Except for baking. Always loved baking! Surprised, anyone?
                            PEANUT, Where are you? JAMMS? Miss you guys! Hope to see STRESSHEAD today, too. HEALTHYPAW? And everyone and anyone else! HAVE A GREAT DAY, ALL!
                            Dill

Comment

Happy friday eveyone been busy today again but just wanted to check in tosay hi. Hope everyone accomplishes their goal today!

Comment

Hi guys!
                                It's been a while since I've been able to post here. I've been excessively busy at work, and am so tired at night, and then - silly me - I have started deconstructing my basement bathroom!!! Trigger!!! As a result, I did not manage to stay AF this whole past week - whatever. I am setting up a new goal for myself though, seeing as Sunday is Feb 1 and I have to go out of town on Feb 15. AF and weight watchers! May as well!! I have not been running lately as I am trying to make sure this SI joint strain is healed up, but swimming alot - no definite race training yet. I will go running with my beer swilling running pal on sunday though. I stopped and picked up a knee brace, as I am having some trouble there. Just not as young as I used to be! (although I like to pretend I am!!!)

So Cat - is today day 30 for you???
                                Poor Sunshine - fall down, go boom. You ok now?
                                Dill - I'd also love to see this drunken quilt!!
                                1more - you are still doing well? Hi to everybody else on this thread too

BF is home - best git!
                                Have a wonderful friday night all!
                                xoxo peanut

Comment

Working...
                                X