ODAT - Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Wednesday

Good Day to All of you ODATer's ---- everyone sounds very upbeat and I'm feeling the same..... except that we're getting another snowstorm here and I've got to shovel. Not happy about that after just coming back from sun, surf & sand!
    Sunshine --- I too am better for having found MWO .... not as successful as I'd hope I'd be by now, but still it's an improvement and I feel stronger in my fight against AL when I decide I'm going to have some AF days. So it's taking baby steps for me that's sure to lead to success .... I'll have to be patient I guess.

Witchywoman ---- you're goals are what I would like to achieve in the long run too. Keep us informed as to how it goes.

Ezz --- good to see you back. 27 days is a long time .... good for you!

Keep the positive vibes going gang and we'll all have a successful day today! ODAT

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hey, Skinnycow, what was the name of the book you were reading about modding?
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

hey dill
        the book is called 'sober for life'. and its not about moderating per se. it is about how people manage to beat their drinking problems for good and in a number of different ways, beyond aa. most of them are are completly abstinent, but a very few moderate.

i am not doing so great at the moment. Fell off the proverable wagon tonighty. A trigger set me off of course, and is a sad excuse! i won't go into what it was at the moment,not that it really matters, but i hope it won't be a very bad episode. it's early here.

I suppose the fact i am posting means a part of me wants to put the brakes on it and not make it too bad. maybe is shouldn't be on the odat thread at all. sorry guys and dolls!.
        no time like the present

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Skinny -- of course it should be on the ODAT thread. If not here where we all care, where? Keep posting where ever it feels right, we want to know how you are?
          Matt

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Ok...real quick...at work...have been so incredibly busy and stressed today. Anyway, just wanted to see how everyone is...sounds pretty good!! I have good news as well...last night was my first sober night in....I couldn't even guess??? SAD! I also got my doctor today and he filled my RX for Topamax...I couldn't believe it...yippee!!!!!! So I'm all set...trying to not let the days crap bring me down! Hope all is well for everyone!!
            "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
            7/29/12

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

:wd: SD!
              :goodjob: on the sober night and going to the doc!

You are on your way, my dear I'm SO looking forward to watching you succeed!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Wow, what an upbeat thread today! I'm on late because of work and think I need to sign on earlier in the day. I get so caught up and now I'm behind and aarrrggghhhh the snow won't end here! Daughter's home sick from school again. My son got into the college of his choice so I'm relieved about that but stressed about the financing. I modded successfully last night but had terrible nightmares. That's common for me, though, I'm beginning to notice. The more AF days I put in, the better my dreams get. I've put "Sober For Life" on my list as reading helps me tremendously, thanks for that.

I agree with all of you. I am so much better here with MWO than I was before. No comparison at all.

Take care,
                Be
                "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Becoming, Sorry about your sick one! But yay about the college acceptance!!! I have already read Sober for Good and highly recommend it. Do you like it SkinnyCow? BTW, I'm glad you posted. I hope it helped you. I am struggling here today but haven't got a drop of drink in the house and I'm basically snowed in, so, that takes care of that! I am having a craving but am trying to ride it out like a wave and using the SOBER strategy I read about on an ealier post posted by Gumby.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hang in there Dill, don't give in. You already have 3 days! Use whatever helps you through it.
                    :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                    ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Working...
                    X